Bonus to Cruising ~ Last Wk. of Oct.

barefootguy

If anyone cruising the last week of October has not thought of the BIG bonus, here it is. NO POLITICAL ADS!! We can cruise without ads & then come home to vote with only one day of ads between.

We don't watch a lot of TV, but even the evening news is all politics & that's without the commercials! Leaving the phone & pager are huge pluses, but avoiding political ads... WONDERFUL!

Looking forward to meeting all the folks on the Oosterdam that will also enjoy a commercial free week!!! Yah Hoo.. We are getting Closer!!!

I think the political parties can't run ads, but the 527's will continue to operate underneath the law, so the ads will continue.

I guess this is the way both parties communicate with the voters. We all have a responsibility to be informed about the candidates. Those who choose not to be informed should not be those voting, IMO.

Slinkie

Well, it's already only 40 days until the election and the candidates and 527's can run all the ads they want. Unfortunately that's why 527's were formed- to get around McCain-Feingold's 60 day rule not allowing outside groups to run ads. A political ad is the last place to get information about a candidate. They ALL distort and misrepresent everything their opposition and themselves.

I will definitely watch all the debates. I am interested to see how the candidates respond and how they react. I also read the newspapers and try to understand the issues.

I hate the TV ads and generally hit the mute button because they are such distortions of the facts. If I hear a really nasty ad it generally causes me to suspect the motives of the sponsor and increases my interest in the other candidate.

Archived