Post Cruise Questions

Sweetest Sin

So, I finished my Valor cruise about a week ago. We had a fantastic time, and can't wait to cruise again! But, I have a couple of questions.

I see mention of dancing waiters. We ate in the dining room all but 2 nights and never saw any dancing waiters. When is this supposed to happen? I don't remember any dancing waiters on my first cruise either.

The color game. All week long any time any one participated in a game they were asked which team they belonged to. How do you know what color you are? I'm glad I was never asked...I felt so team-less :p

Which dining room were you in? We were Lincoln early seating, and they had a "show" most nights around dessert time. I remember a conga line going around the dining room one night, and another night they invited couples to dance (I want to say it was "That's Amore," but it's all mixed up in my head now). Embarrassed the heck out of our kids.:D

on the conquest the table you sat at during dinner/supper determined what color team you were on. On our table there was a vase and it had a small ribbon around it as a visual reminder what team you were on. Other than that it was a upstairs downstairs even odd thing.

One dining room we were in the waiters just simply sang a song then we switched seatings and in the second dining room we had the full show every night. dancing on the tables they use for trays and all that.

On our last cruise (Miracle) there were fewer "show nights" in the dining room. I really think that it's up to the Maitre d'. However, out of 8 nights, it seems that on 4 or 5 the waiter staff entertained. I remember conga line, That's Amore, "Leaving" (based on "leaving on a Jet Plane") and at least one more.

The color game is usually announced on the first night in the dining room. On our 2 Valor cruises in the Lincoln dining room the upper level was one color, lower port side another color and lower starboard was the third. Miracle was divided in to two colors only, upper & lower levels.

There's no prize so IMHO it really doesn't matter. If you win something and they ask your color, just say "blue" or "red";) . White is the color they leave out it it's only 2 colors.

Charlie

The reason I embrace the alternative venues is BECAUSE they do not do the "chicken dance" and sign the same song you heard years ago on your first cruise. I like a nice quiet "restaurant style" room with a relaxed pace. Am I the only one ?

I was happy that they had reduced the number of "dancing waiter" nights on our last cruise. Nightly entertainment, for me, is a bit much.

We have used the specialty restaurants a couple of times in 21 cruises. However, we enjoy our evenings in the dining room with whoever our tablemates are. We usually travel alone and have met some great people at our dinner table on cruises.

Charlie

Archived