Cabin selection help

scotts8826

I am considering a last minute cruise for spring break on a Fantasy class ship. At this late date I seem to have an option for a port hole cabin in the front or an ocean view in the back. Would I be better off with a front cabin, breaking the waves and possible noise or a rear cabin dealing with potential engine noise or vibration? Any insights as to the lesser of the two potential perils?

Thanks.

I am considering a last minute cruise for spring break on a Fantasy class ship. At this late date I seem to have an option for a port hole cabin in the front or an ocean view in the back. Would I be better off with a front cabin, breaking the waves and possible noise or a rear cabin dealing with potential engine noise or vibration? Any insights as to the lesser of the two potential perils?

Thanks.

This is my review with pictures of cabin U4 on the Elation, with the portholes, cat. 5a., its the same type of ship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=661155

Fred

We were on the Fascination a few years ago and had a room up front with portholes. We liked it. We were on the Empress deck, so we did not hear much noise and did not feel any major motion. I'd book the porthole cabin if it is located on the Upper or Empress decks.

Boy, I knew I would get some response to my post but these boards are amazing. Port side anchor is definitely a consideration. Since this is a last minute consideration, the cabins are on the Riviera deck. So I wasn't sure about engine vibration that low and in back. Aft still better than getting too close to the stairs?

Boy, I knew I would get some response to my post but these boards are amazing. Port side anchor is definitely a consideration. Since this is a last minute consideration, the cabins are on the Riviera deck. So I wasn't sure about engine vibration that low and in back. Aft still better than getting too close to the stairs?

If you are on the Riviera deck, do aft.

Archived