Royal Caribbean Changed My Hump Cabin

Hope you left a twenty taped under the nightstand...;)

No, but I did leave the coupons in the safe:D

hello,

i booked a hump/bump stateroom(7602) more than a year ago on the radiance. can't wait!! it is only seven days away!!

later,

ezemoney

Good choice, you will enjoy your cabin...Have a great time, we love the Radiance...Later, Jill:cool:

They are still in a hump cabin. It's just not a center hump cabin.
So why would we book early to get 'center hump' if it's OK to let them move us to a different 'hump' cabin, 'cause they screwed up??:eek:

I booked the CENTER hump 'cause that is where I wanted to be.. :) They want to move me, it better be a 'center' hump JS...:D

Thats the same cabin we will have on the Mariner in May..............first time with a hump.....we usually do afts.....

Have you seen any pics?? I tried doing a search but we all know how well :rolleyes: that works...........

BTW-to the hump experts....7320 is also showing..........which is better or is it 6 of one,half dozen of another??

Are you talking about the Mariner?

7320 & 7318. Center of the Hump. I had 8320.;) 6 of one and half dozen of the other. :D

So why would we book early to get 'center hump' if it's OK to let them move us to a different 'hump' cabin, 'cause they screwed up??:eek:

I didn't say it wouldn't be upsetting. But it's not a "screwup" on RCCL's part unless the OP marked his cabin no upgrade. The cabin they've been moved to is an "upgrade" (they've been moved from an E2 to an E1) and it actually has a larger balcony than the center hump cabins. It could've been worse. They could've "upgraded" him to an E1 that was not on the hump at all.

Still, it's not the cabin the OP wanted.

hello,

i booked a hump/bump stateroom(7602) more than a year ago on the radiance. can't wait!! it is only seven days away!!

later,

ezemoney

I had this exact cabin on the Serenade this past November. You will love this cabin - around the corner from the stairs, close to the elevators and an incredible view. I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat!!

We've had that cabin 3 times and one year they tried to upgrade us. I just happened to look at "My Cruises" on the RCI site and noticed we not longer had it but had been given another slightly larger cabin. I called my travel agent and raised a bit of a fuss and she got it back. Evidently, a good sized group of cruisers wanted consecutive cabins and they moved us. We moved right back. We love that cabin! Too bad we couldn't buy it on something like a timeshare! Stick to your guns.

8592 is an E2 and 8588 is an E1 so in their eyes they gave you an "upgrade"

I got a E-1, center hump, 8620 on Mariner in December. RCI shows all the D cabins costing less for this cruise, so I can't imagine wanting to accept a higher level, lower cost room that is off the hump.

Now, if they want to offer a JS or better..... ;)

Are you talking about the Mariner?

7320 & 7318. Center of the Hump. I had 8320.;) 6 of one and half dozen of the other. :D

Thanks Alexis....I thought so,but being a "virgin humper",I wasnt sure...:p

Sue L.

Are the pictures you posted of Cabin 8586 (the cabin you were in) or of

Cabin 8588 (the cabin RCL moved my reservation to)?

John Bean

They are the pictures of YOUR room 8588, before I left on the cruise there were a lot of questions about your room and when I boarded no one was in there and the door was wide open. Way too tempting ! So I went in and snapped those couple of pictures.:D

My sister and I cruised on the Empress to Bermuda this past August. We had originally booked an ocean view. Later, when financial circumstances allowed, we booked an aft balcony, 8686. We had never been in an aft cabin, and we figured "why not, let's give it a try". A few months before our cruise, our travel agent told us that she had noticed that we had been "upgraded" to a junior suite. Our travel agent got it changed immediately. Everything was okay until the day before we left. My sister checked "My Cruises" and noticed that RCCL had done it again! We were "upgraded" to a junior suite. After a frantic phone call to the travel agent (who happened to be on vacation), and a couple of hours of anxiety, we were back in 8686. The problem with the so-called "upgrade" was, that by that time, the price of the junior suite was actually less than what we had paid in full for our aft balcony. We weren't being offered any compensation. We weren't offered the difference in price. And, we weren't offered the difference in the cost of the travel insurance for a lesser priced trip. Cabin 8686 was small, but the layout made it appear larger than it was. The balcony was huge! Much larger than the balcony of a junior suite. We loved 8686, and if the Empress were still with RCCL, we would recommend it to anyone.

They really have to know aft cabins are always prime places no matter what ship. I have learned to now keep an eye on my room number.. up til the day I leave. I love this board.

I put a "do not upgrade" order on it after I got phone calls from 5 different TA's within a week of booking my aft cabin. They actually went a step further and had a "supervisor's message added" to the booking which only allowed a supervisor to make contact with me for any reason.

Hi,

I am EBK2795's sister. After the cruise I wrote a letter to RCCL customer service about what happened to us. About a month later I got a "standard" reply stating sorry for what happened, they thought we would have like an upgrade, yada yada yada - but they never answered my question as to why they did it 1 time after we had paid in full & got switched back and they did it the day before we left. I wrote back asking for a better explanation. I got a call in work from RCCL and they kinda tip-toed thru an explanation and when I said "you aren't dealing with an idiot & that I figured someone else wanted our cabin and you thought we would be happy with an upgrade" - he didn't have a thing to say. I said the cabin was the same sq. feet, the balcony more than 1/2 the size and the price was more than $100 more and what would YOU have done for me. I told him that we booked a hump cabin on the EOS and that YOU (RCCL) better not change us without calling us.

Well we got over a year to go for our cruise & nothing higher than a JS is available now so lets see what happens.

Pat

I currently have a cabin that sleeps 4, but now two of the people are no longer going with us. Do you think they will bump us out of our current cabin? And if they do, will they tell/ask us first or just move us?

Also, if they were to move us, do they usually upgrade you or just move you to a cabin in the same category?

I am slightly concerned about them moving us to a low deck because the other person going with me is very uncomfortable about being on lower decks.

Sorry to kind of highjack the thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread for this and the search feature isn't working right now..

I currently have a cabin that sleeps 4, but now two of the people are no longer going with us. Do you think they will bump us out of our current cabin? And if they do, will they tell/ask us first or just move us?

Also, if they were to move us, do they usually upgrade you or just move you to a cabin in the same category?

I am slightly concerned about them moving us to a low deck because the other person going with me is very uncomfortable about being on lower decks.

Sorry to kind of highjack the thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread for this and the search feature isn't working right now..

They can move you 'within category' if they need a room that holds 4 passengers... More than likely to a cabin for 2!:)

Upgrades are not likely in this situation! ;)

They can move you 'within category' if they need a room that holds 4 passengers... More than likely to a cabin for 2!:)

Upgrades are not likely in this situation! ;)

I wouldn't mind if they had to move us, but if they do, can I refuse a move if they put us on too low of a deck? I'm afraid my friend will decide not to go in that case. :rolleyes:

• 11 months later...

I am booked on the Serenade in 8588 in May to Alaska. This room came available and I nabbed it. We were originally booked on the 10th deck more forward. Looks like if we look towards the back of the ship the rooms to our right will block out that view. Do you have any pictures or comments on that particular room since we are in that one.

Archived