When is spring break USA

django

Just booked the Valor, April 3/04. We thought spring break would be over in the USA, but from what I have read on this board maybe it is not. Not really a problem cruise wise, just a little concerned about booking precruise hotel in Miami. If someone could educate me on this I would be grateful.

Cheers!

Nowadays, every school is different. It used to always fall around the Easter holiday, but that is no longer so. My particular school has spring break from April 23rd to April 29th.

I can say that some schools somewhere in the US will probably have spring break during early April.

We are in Atlanta, Georgia and spring break is the first week in April, we are booked on the Carnival Glory leaving April 2nd. Hope you have a great cruise and not too many kids.

I would probably start looking for hotel accom soon, try booking online, we have had great success with that and gotten some really great deals.(discount sites).

With summer over in US people will now start thinking of spring break which is when the next warmer vacation is.

My daughter's college is from like to middle of March until the first week in April. (She usally has about 2 and a half weeks then) The elementary through high schools here usually get a week that is the same as Masters in Augusta. The kids don't get Easter off here unless the Masters falls Easter week. Now next year our county goes to the "year round" school system and from what I understand they will get longer breaks at Thanksgiving, christmas and the spring break and the summer break will be shorter just 3 or 4 weeks instead of 2 and a half months. So they will be more like the scehdules the colleges have.

Now my daughter's friend attends a different college and her break is like the middle of April until the first of May. So as the other posts say it varies even in the same area depending on what college your child attends or what county you live in for the younger kids.

We are in Atlanta, Georgia and spring break is the first week in April, we are booked on the Carnival Glory leaving April 2nd. Hope you have a great cruise and not too many kids.

I would probably start looking for hotel accom soon, try booking online, we have had great success with that and gotten some really great deals.(discount sites).

With summer over in US people will now start thinking of spring break which is when the next warmer vacation is.

I live in Douglasville (close to Atlanta-10 miles past Six Flags) and that is when it is in Douglas County which also happens to be Masters in Augusta. Paulding, cobb and Carroll our surrounding counties though rarely have spring break the same as our kids-they usually either get the week before Easter or the week after Easter-the only time the week runs the same as Douglas is when Easter falls on the week of Masters.

I grew up in Augusta, GA and so ofcourse our spring break was also Masters week. I was surprised though that Douglas always puts theirs that week-I guess there are a lot of golf lovers in Douglas county. In Augusta though the kids always got Good Friday off if Easter fell a different week. The kids never get that off here unless Easter is Masters week.

Actually, here in Connecticut (and most of the Northeast) we have a February and April "vacation" in the public schools and the universities have spring break in March.

I travel a lot for my job and I just hate flying to Florida during any of those 3 months.

Archived