Another Dress Code Thread - But a different slant

We were on the Spirit 3/2. There was a guy I sat by playing blackjack several times that you could tell was an absolute HOOT. Well, we were looking for pics one night & ran across a picture of him & his friend in dresses in one of the restaurants. They came into the gallery while we were there & apparently, they must have been turned away in shorts. SO, they decided to abide by the dress code & put on dresses. The staff must have had a sense of humor because they were allowed to stay & eat in the restaurant. I'm not sure what they wore the rest of the time. I guess that's one was to humorously protest!!!! Sad thing was, they looked pretty good :D

Debbie

I guess if they met the dress code, albeit not as most of us would dress, then what could the cruise line say?

I think I probably would have laughed at them and said, "Hey, go for it" had I known the circumstances. Having not, I would just wonder, "what the hey is going on?"

Guest Anorak33

Reminds me of a story my father told of when he was in the AirForce in India, an order was posted telling them that shorts were not to be worn for soccer, so next morning they played soccer - in no shorts, or any other lower wear.

Don't think that would go down too well in the main dining room however.

Good for them! *applause* EXACTLY what NCL deserves.

Reminds me of when I was in high school and there was a 'no shorts' policy yet the girls were allowed to wear mini skirts. One day about 80% of the guys came to school in mini-skirts... the dress code was changed to allow shorts that evening.

Did they do the hair and makeup thing too?

We get that a lot here in Dallas.

Somehow I don't think these guys were the type to do dress, hair & makeup! I would have LOVED to see them & their wives actually in the restaurant. I would have expected it more from the Spring Breakers but one of these guys, I'd say, was in his mid-40s or so & the other late-30s maybe. NOTE: If you guys happen to read this & I was way off on the age, SORRY!!!!!

I have NO IDEA where they got the dresses. The guys were both in good shape & worked out, you could tell, but they were both MUCH taller than their wives. They certainly got their point across, that's for sure.

Archived