Table for two on Explorer?

KatWag

Recently we've done most of our sailing on ships with non Traditional dining. I did a search but didn't seem to find much. Can you get tables for two on Explorer of the Seas? The NE itinerary out of New York looks terrific. But DH and I like to dine in the specialty restaurants and would not want to spoil things for our assigned tablemates by leaving empty seats at the table most nights if we were at a larger table.

Can you get tables for two in the assigned dining? Or is that practically impossible?

Thanks!

Recently we've done most of our sailing on ships with non Traditional dining. I did a search but didn't seem to find much. Can you get tables for two on Explorer of the Seas? The NE itinerary out of New York looks terrific. But DH and I like to dine in the specialty restaurants and would not want to spoil things for our assigned tablemates by leaving empty seats at the table most nights if we were at a larger table.

Can you get tables for two in the assigned dining? Or is that practically impossible?

Thanks!

I have seen tables for two on Explorer, but at least in the areas I've been in, they are few & far between. I would put my request in ASAP to your TA or RCI itself for the best chance. :) But if not don't worry....we had a table for 11, and our tablemetes never showed up ONCE! We loved having the table to ourselves. :D

You need to put a verbal request in to your TA or RCCL, whoever you booked through. Then, once you board, go directly to the dining room and find your table. If it's not a table for 2, talk to the Person in charge and tell him your request.....they may be able to get you what you want.

HAPPY CRUISING :)

If you're going to spend most of your time at specialty dining, it doesn't really seem fair to tie up a table for two, does it? Those are among the most requested and often hard to get.

Your tablemates will be fine without you. I'd say choose a large table so your absence won't be noted as much.

If you're worried about your tablemates, request a LARGE table, that way, there will be others there, and you won't leave your tablemates "hanging"! Don't request a smalll table, because if you're not there, they will be all alone--not fun!

Never been on Explorer, but for the last 3 cruises we've gone directly to the dining room manager when we board and requested a table for two. It has been no problem at all! One time we were even right next to a window--it was lovely! We plan on doing this every time now. Good luck.

Agree, don't worry about your tablemates. Commmon courtesy though would dictate that you mention to them that you will be dining elsewhere on the next night.

We had a table for two on our last Voyager cruise and the table next to us seated 8. For the whole cruise the same two people sat by themselves. If we could have kept the same waiter to would have sat with them since we were talking with them through dinner but we both had different waiters and we liked ours too much to give someone else the extra tip.

Archived