Dinning

KShea

Does anyone have any suggestions on dinning? The other cruises we have been on have all been traditional dinning. This time we really don't want to get that dressed up or have to be somewhere to eat at a special time.

We would like to try the steak house for sure...We loved the specialty restaurants on RCCL. Any other ideas for eating? Thanks...

Paul is correct - are you under the impression that with Anytime Dining you don't have a dress code?

The only place you can eat without worrying about a dress code is the buffet.

The steakhouse is good but if your ship has Sabatini's, I highly recommend trying it at least once.

What ship are you going on? Knowing that will allow us to give you more recommendations. The Crown and it's sisters have the International Cafe which has a lot of delightful little sandwiches and pastries.

Does anyone have any suggestions on dinning? The other cruises we have been on have all been traditional dinning. This time we really don't want to get that dressed up or have to be somewhere to eat at a special time.

We would like to try the steak house for sure...We loved the specialty restaurants on RCCL. Any other ideas for eating? Thanks...

Traditional dining doesn't sound like it is for you. You can go every where except Traditional dining if you don't want to be somewhere to eat at a special time.

As others have suggested if you don't want to dress for formal nights use the buffet or room service (very limited menu).

Not knowing what you mean about "get that dressed up" Princess has a very liberal "Smart Casual" suggested dress for all nights except "formal" night. Most people find this doesn't cause them a problem even if they don't like to get dressed up for dinner.

As the others have said, the dress code for the evening is for ALL of the dining rooms, regardless of whether it's Anytime, Traditional or Specialty restaurant so if you don't want to get dressed up, your option on Formal nights is either the buffet, room service or perhaps the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

Thank you everyone for your fine suggestions. I wasn't sure about the dress when chosing "anytime" dinning. I would never dress worse than smart casual anywhere except the buffets. The ship is the Caribbean Princess.

Do I need to make reservations for these restaurants? Is there a "good" and "bad" time to eat? Thanks in advance.....

Thank you everyone for your fine suggestions. I wasn't sure about the dress when chosing "anytime" dinning. I would never dress worse than smart casual anywhere except the buffets. The ship is the Caribbean Princess.

Do I need to make reservations for these restaurants? Is there a "good" and "bad" time to eat? Thanks in advance.....

The point is to go when you want so it kind of defeats the purpose to make a reservation in the anytime dining room.

There are always times that you may have to wait a little, just relax and have a cocktail. :D

The point is to go when you want so it kind of defeats the purpose to make a reservation in the anytime dining room.

There are always times that you may have to wait a little, just relax and have a cocktail. :D

I like the way you think...thanks..

:D

Not always. If you want traditional and it is full, then a reservation in anytime DR gets you the same waitstaff for the cruise, one of the benefits of traditional.

(We were once number 406 on the waitlist. At two to a cabin, that meant 812 people who wanted that traditional time and could not have it.)

Not when the reservation is for when you want.

You absolutely will need reservations if you want to eat in the Steakhouse or Sabatini's. Not for the regular dining rooms though.

I agree with whoever said that making reservations in the Anytime Dining rooms defeats the purpose of Anytime Dining. If you are willing to share a table with others it will reduce any waiting times.

We found if we got to the restaurant before 6:45 we never waited.

With anytime dining, are there only one or two restaurants that don't charge a fee? Sorry, but I don't want to be paying extra each night for dining.

There are three main dining rooms on most Princess ships. Two are devoted to anytime, one is for traditional fixed seating. The menus each night are the same. If you are in anytime, you can go to either of the two anytime restaurants.

There are usually two specialty restaurants (steak and Italian) which do have a cover charge.

There is also the buffet.

Some ships also have a Pizza restaurant that is open at dinner time (no charge).

Whether you are in anytime or traditional, these are your normal options.

You don't pay extra for the traditional or anytime DRs, or the buffet or pizzeria or grill. The only extra charges are for the specialty restaurants, usually Sabatini's and the steakhouse (either called Sterling or the Crown Grill.)Also, there are some special room service meals like the Ultimate Balcony Dinner which have a fee -- regular room service is limited but free.

Archived