C&A party vs. Platnum/Diamod Party

The parties vary from ship to ship. Sometimes the Platinium/Diamond is a breakfast as it was on our recent FOS and Serenade cruises. Both were very nice. Sometimes a cocktails/hors d'oerrves/sweets events as it has been on Mairner and Radiance. Sometimes the events are really nice and other times, it seems as if they are an afterthought. It depends on the loyalty ambassador. We did not go to the C&A event as DH does not like them and we cruised alone. Would go with DD & SIL as they like them.

Yes they do have both parties on the 4 day cruise. Just came off the Monarch and the P/D was excellant. Great buffet of appetizers and any drink you wanted Held in lounge. Hope it is as nice on the Mariner, SaILING ON THAT SHIP ON mAR 30TH BEV

Yes they do have both parties on the 4 day cruise. Just came off the Monarch and the P/D was excellant. Great buffet of appetizers and any drink you wanted Held in lounge. Hope it is as nice on the Mariner, SaILING ON THAT SHIP ON mAR 30TH BEV

I'm so glad I was wrong!! we sailed on the Monarch in Sept & I obviously forgot. Do they have a regular repeater AND a P/D+? What about on the 3 dayer? We are doing our first B2B in May on the Monarch.

So, am I understanding it right when I assume that if you are going on your first RCCL cruise, you will not be invited to any of these parties where drinks are free? I have only cruised with Carnival before and I thought that on one of the formal nights (Captain's Ball), there was a reception with free food and drinks that was for everyone. Those who were repeat cruisers were invited to arrive early, I believe. Is there anything comparable on RCCL?

So, am I understanding it right when I assume that if you are going on your first RCCL cruise, you will not be invited to any of these parties where drinks are free? I have only cruised with Carnival before and I thought that on one of the formal nights (Captain's Ball), there was a reception with free food and drinks that was for everyone. Those who were repeat cruisers were invited to arrive early, I believe. Is there anything comparable on RCCL?

Yes, the captains party is yet another opportunity for 'free drinks' that everyone gets invited to. This is usually the most crowded and has the least offerings, but if you like champagne, there's usually plenty of that flowing.

I have only cruised with Carnival before and I thought that on one of the formal nights (Captain's Ball), there was a reception with free food and drinks that was for everyone.

On Captain's night, they serve free champaigne to everyone.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think both the C&A and Plat/Diam parties are lame. It's nice when the Captain speaks about RC happenings, but that seems to be a rare occurrance now. In fact, the last Plat/Diam party I went to was on Adventure. The members of the cruise director staff seemed annoyed and bothered to even be there.

Otherwise, I'm not interested in hearing about how many cruises everyone's been on.

Besides, there's always one person who has the attitude that Diamond is just "given" away to people. :rolleyes:

Archived