C&A party vs. Platnum/Diamod Party

The C&A "repeaters" party is cocktails and hors d' oeurves and is for all levels, so many more people. It is usually on the second formal night. The Platinum/Diamond is usually a luncheon in the Crown and Anchor lounge and there are fewer pax. Sometimes it is held in a dining room, and I have seen at least one brunch held in the dining room. This is usually on the last sea day. Of course you have your choice of drinks with the luncheon. The brunch featured mimosas.

We went to both on the recent ( Jan 08) Mariner cruise. We were very disappointed with the Diamond party. In fact we left immediately to have a drink and appetizers in the CL or satellite lounge. The Diamond party was very crowed and not much better than the general repeat party. The offerings were not even a nice as the CL. In past cruise we had a lovely lunch ( once in dining room, once in Chops) or brunch.

I guess there were too may Diamond to do anything nice.

You can always go to both. Perhaps you will have a better experience.

Enjoy

M

The P/D and C&A parties have been the same on every cruise we've taken in the past year except for the Radiance Ultimate Alaska. On Mariner, the only difference was that they put different colors of liqueur into the champagne. Fortunately you could order what you wanted at either event. Both were extremely crowded, and there were two of each for main or late seating.

On Radiance they had a nice brunch in the Colony Club for the P/D bunch. It was packed because of being a members' cruise, but they did a great job.

:eek: the only P/D ive been to was on 5 night enchantment and it was exactly the same as the regular party, only in the afternoon instead of evening, you could order any drink you wanted at both, neither party was that crowded

. On Mariner, the only difference was that they put different colors of liqueur into the champagne.

Our last one they put different juices in the champagne..........cranberry or orange.

I find at the P/D parties,they have better food.......hot hor d'oeurves,cheeses,etc........at the repeaters,just the little hor d' oeurves that they have on the trays.........usually things I dont like for very much...

Only one time did we have a luncheon..that was on the old Nordic Empress back in 2002.........

I find at the P/D parties,they have better food.......hot hor d'oeurves,cheeses,etc........at the repeaters,just the little hor d' oeurves that they have on the trays.........usually things I dont like for very much...

We had the opposite experience last fall on Explorer - the repeaters party had a large buffet (we were too full from just having eaten at JR's to partake in any), while the P/D party had passed trays of little hors d'oeuvres. Each "type" was only passed around once, so if there were only a couple of undesirable varieties on a tray, that was it for you. They were very nice about getting my cosmos, however, so I forgave the lack of food.

I guess I've been lucky. On the Brilliance, the P/D party was a special lunch in the dining room, very nice and I was seated at a table with the Hotel Director. On Jewel it was a special lunch in Portofinos. I can't remember the other ones but they've been nice as well.

We had the opposite experience last fall on Explorer - the repeaters party had a large buffet (we were too full from just having eaten at JR's to partake in any), while the P/D party had passed trays of little hors d'oeuvres. Each "type" was only passed around once, so if there were only a couple of undesirable varieties on a tray, that was it for you. They were very nice about getting my cosmos, however, so I forgave the lack of food.

They did a buffet for the P/D party on the Ex. for the 12/2. 667 D/P members were onboard they announced and you couldn't move in the Maharajas lounge as it was packed. Both parties are really becoming very crowded on the Ex. anymore.

We went to both on the recent ( Jan 08) Mariner cruise. We were very disappointed with the Diamond party. In fact we left immediately to have a drink and appetizers in the CL or satellite lounge. The Diamond party was very crowed and not much better than the general repeat party. The offerings were not even a nice as the CL. In past cruise we had a lovely lunch ( once in dining room, once in Chops) or brunch.

I guess there were too may Diamond to do anything nice.

You can always go to both. Perhaps you will have a better experience.

Enjoy

M

Thats because nobody has to earn Diamond status anymore. Its a give-away program.

The C&A "repeaters" party is cocktails and hors d' oeurves and is for all levels, so many more people. It is usually on the second formal night. The Platinum/Diamond is usually a luncheon in the Crown and Anchor lounge and there are fewer pax. Sometimes it is held in a dining room, and I have seen at least one brunch held in the dining room. This is usually on the last sea day. Of course you have your choice of drinks with the luncheon. The brunch featured mimosas.

never have had a luncheon or brunch, just munchies & booze. the P/D is usually better stuff--kind of what is in the CL. guess it depends onthe ship. Have ordered other drinks and have never had to pay for them--even on the Voyager!!!

Archived