Cabins by elevators noisy?

Hi All,

I will be going on the 7 night Mexican Cruise Riviera on the Visions of the seas and have the cabin 3587 right in front of the elevators. Will it be noisy?

Thanks!!!

:confused: kcjynxa

To confirm CB@Sea . . .

We've been in those cabins and it is not so bad. Those getting on and off those elevators are going to or from their cabins. It is not like your cabin is near the elevator stop for the dining room or Centrum.

Rick and Deirdra

You are actually farther from the elevators than it appears on the deck plans, plus there is a wall between the hallway and the lobby that doesn't show on the plans. We've been in cabins right off the lobby on both Explorer and Adventure, and never heard ANY lobby noise from the stairs and elevators. I'd book those cabins in a heartbeat!

I SPECIFICALLY SEARCH CABINS NEAR ELEVATORS AS THEY ARE VERY CONVENIENT and noise is minimal

I do not like to walk for miles along narrow corridors

Besides you can always grab the stairs as exercise .We do

I agree, I always try to find a midship cabin near the stairs / elevators to quickly get anywhere on the ship:D

We were right beside the elevators on Brilliance that have windows so you can see the outside. We never heard them because there is quite a large area between them and the cabin. I really loved our location. There wasn't any elevator noise at all. i'd book that cabin again in a heartbeat. We had a great balcony too. It had three deck chaoirs and two regular chairs plus a table. What a surprise!

Archived