Crown Princess Balcony questions

woostercruise

Hello, we are considering a cruise on the Crown Princess next spring. We have two young boys and enjoyed having a balcony to retire to after putting them to bed when we cruised on Royal Caribbean a few weeks ago. On the deck plans it does not appear that the category B stateroom hold 4, but apparently I can book one for four. Can anyone tell me where the 3rd & 4th sleep? Also what deck do people recommend?

Finally, I'd love to hear experiences with the children's programs. Our boys will be 5 & 7 and loved Adventure Ocean.

Thanks!

Kate

Take a look at Category BA on the Caribe deck, which is my personal favorite because of the oversized balcony and the midship location - there are several cabins marked as accommodating a 3rd and 4th: C501, C502 and C518 thru C535. C302 and 303 will as well, but they are wheelchair accessible cabins.

I'm not sure if the balconies work the same as the inside, which is the only one I actually saw set up for 4, but if they do then the extra bunks are recessed into the ceiling and are taken down and made up by your steward in the evening, then folded back away during the day.

Take a look at Category BA on the Caribe deck, which is my personal favorite because of the oversized balcony and the midship location - there are several cabins marked as accommodating a 3rd and 4th: C501, C502 and C518 thru C535. C302 and 303 will as well, but they are wheelchair accessible cabins.

I'm not sure if the balconies work the same as the inside, which is the only one I actually saw set up for 4, but if they do then the extra bunks are recessed into the ceiling and are taken down and made up by your steward in the evening, then folded back away during the day.

Thanks, for the deck recommendation I will look more closely at the Caribe deck!

I would like to recommend you also price the AD minisuites on Emerald Deck. There is a pullout sofa here for one comfortably, and a pull down bed from the wall. Much more room, a second TV, and a tub/shower in the bathroom.

Thanks we will also look into that. It sounds like a great ship.

We were on the Crown a month ago, a quad on the Caribe deck with our two sons(don't remember off hand what category, C530). We didn't like the configuration at all! Balcony was great. I highly recommend this room for two. In fact, I just booked another cruise on the Crown on the Plaza Deck. The two beds pull down from the ceiling. One of the beds being in the middle of the room, with a solid wall blocking the view out of the balcony. Once the beds are down, NOBODY can watch TV. Important in keeping kids occupied at times. Also, the passage way into the room in the evening is SO narrow it's annoying. If you choose a balcony quad, get back to us when you return...I'd like to know how often you all banged your heads and knees just getting around the room. Other than this, the ship experience was wonderful in every other way.

Kendon,

Thanks for the details on the quad, sounds like that might be awkward. Might see what the price difference is between that and the minisuite which sounds like it is configured better.

We were in a quad on Enchantment of the Seas with a pull out sofa. It was a tight squeeze to get out to the balcony with the sofa bed open, but you could see the the TV from both the bed and sofa bed.

Thanks!

We were in a quad on Enchantment of the Seas with a pull out sofa. It was a tight squeeze to get out to the balcony with the sofa bed open, but you could see the the TV from both the bed and sofa bed.
The mini-suites have two TVs so that they'd be able to watch one show while you watch another (as long as the sound isn't too high.)

I'd go for the minisuite, however the two kids would have to share a bed. Princess has another option, a balcony stateroom for three with a cot which is the worst option of all. The room for three is not labeled as a quad on the deck plans, but may be sold to you as such...it happened to us. Talk about crowded!! For us at this time, a regular outside quad stateroom is the best choice although I'd love to have a balcony for sure. The Promenade deck will just have to be our balcony for now. I'd never get my two teenage boys to share a bed in a minisuite.

Archived