Carnival Stock credits?

Nrknits

We faxed in proof of our carnival stock ownership and our booking info about a week ago. From anyone who has done this before - how and when do you hear back from Princess about the on board credit? I don't see it on cruise personalizer and we haven't heard anything from Princess. Do they mail you something? Am I just being impatient? Thanks

We faxed in proof of our carnival stock ownership and our booking info about a week ago. From anyone who has done this before - how and when do you hear back from Princess about the on board credit? I don't see it on cruise personalizer and we haven't heard anything from Princess. Do they mail you something? Am I just being impatient? Thanks
Did my last one about a week ago. fax my information and received a confirmation by email in about 3 hours. However on the average it takes from 24 to 48 hours. I would re fax and make sure you request a confirmation by email. This is the correct information.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0180

And you have to have made final payment.

We requested and received a confirming email. Once we were told it was posted (about 3 hours), we confirmed it on the Princess site. We found it under the cruise history portion of the "Captain's Circle" area - this is different than the "Cruise Personalizer".

We faxed it to Liza one day and followed it with an e-mail to her lmcdaniel@princesscruises.com. asking that she please e-mail when she received it. The next day we received an e-mail from her saying it had been applied to our booking (the credit is only applied if final payment has been made). We booked directly with Princess and it was in our Cruise Personalizer under Balance & Payment.

We too, received email confirmation within hours of our request. If you used a TA, you can find in under your "cruise credit" portion of your personalzer. Click on "Onboard Credits" and you should find your credit assigned to your booking. Sometimes it shows under my husband's password, and sometime's mine, depends on who they assigned it to, so look around if there are two of you. Liza is very efficient.

We too, received email confirmation within hours of our request. If you used a TA, you can find in under your "cruise credit" portion of your personalzer. Click on "Onboard Credits" and you should find your credit assigned to your booking. Sometimes it shows under my husband's password, and sometime's mine, depends on who they assigned it to, so look around if there are two of you. Liza is very efficient.

i have a question how much do you have to buy and what is the credit??? thank you

i have a question how much do you have to buy and what is the credit??? thank you

100 shares minimum and credits are:

$50 for sailings less than 6 days

$100 for sailings 7-13 days

$250 for sailings 14 days or longer

Yep!! In the "old" days, we could do this, then CCL cut it off. Now, they are letting us do this again. I just stumbled on it a couple of months ago. I've been a CCL owner for years.....mostly for the OBC. We actually sold some off when they stopped this practice. We are very happy now!!!

Yep!! In the "old" days, we could do this, then CCL cut it off. Now, they are letting us do this again. I just stumbled on it a couple of months ago. I've been a CCL owner for years.....mostly for the OBC. We actually sold some off when they stopped this practice. We are very happy now!!!

HI Murphy,

Actually, it was only PCL that stopped the double dipping. We received the shareholder credit combinable with other OBC's on both Hal and Carnival, during the period that Princess was not.

• 1 month later...

I just faxed in my request for the shareholder OBC. This is my first time doing it as I didn't own the stock last time I sailed a CCL ship.

Anyway, I realized that I am also supposed to get an OBC from my TA for this sailing. Since it is from the TA, I am guessing that there should not be an issue, correct?

If there is I would rather get my shareholder OBC as this is a 14 night sailing.

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to buy stock. I am new at this and am not sure about how to go about it:confused:. Thank You

I use etrade, but any of the online discount brokers is the easiest and cheapest way to buy stock.

But, I have given this advice before and will give it again, don't buy the stock just for the OBC, you should be buying it as part of a larger investment strategy. From October 2007 through March 2008 the stock price fell $16 a share. It is still almost $12 under that October High. So you would be out $1200 right now on 100 shares of stock. That is a lot of money to lose for a $100 credit.

However, if you are looking to create a diverse portfolio, then by all means, consider the OBC a nice perk to owning CCL stock.

Mine doesn't show up when I first log in. This is how I have to view it.

On the left side of the page it says "Circle Savings Account" but it has onboard credits of $0.00. Under that it says "View Details". If I click on "View Details" on the next page it shows me the onboard credit.

How much Carnival stock do you have to own to get OBC from Carnival?

Thank you :)

Hi,

We did this for our last Princess Cruise in Feb 2008. It took about 2 weeks for Princess to issue the credit to our on board account. Be paitent.

Carole

Archived