Royal Caribbean's Genesis to Offer Towering Views?

About the funnel, I remember Akerbuilder mentioning something about a secret project involving the funnel so that it could either be lowered or hinged to go under the Great Belt Bridge in Denmark.

That would be a good idea. I'm linking to a video on YouTube that shows a ship (I think FOS) clearing the Great Belt Bridge with about a foot to spare.

On the other site that has a lot of information concerning the Genesis, it was reported on one of the older threads that they back of the Genesis will be a huge wall of glass to let in more natural light. This makes sense. It was also reported that the Royal Promenade will be a little different than that of the Voyager and Freedom class. More open with some natural light. So far the person reporting this stuff has been spot on. He has not been on line lately due to the Independence. Hopefully after she is delivered we will hear a few more bits but I'm afraid that RCI is tightening the ropes on the amount of info being given out.
In the DVD on the planning, building and launching of the Voyager, RCCL CEO Richard Fain pushed for a 9 meter wide Royal Promenade and commented enthusiastically how much more spacious it felt that the 8 meter wide space originally proposed by the shipyard. Guess he would really love an even wider Royal Promenade.

There is nothing over top of Central Park. Board Walk is down on or near deck 5. It is supposed to be with the Royal Promenade and while nothing has been concrete enough to say for sure (that area is not under construction yet) it seems to be an area that the RP leads to. Most likely that back deck area that you can see off the back of the ship.

I think it probably will.

I'm still wondering about stability issues with the ship, though. I know they aren't towers, but with such a gaping space in the middle of the ship, I would think that she could experience increased roll if the seas are right.

I think it probably will.

I'm still wondering about stability issues with the ship, though. I know they aren't towers, but with such a gaping space in the middle of the ship, I would think that she could experience increased roll if the seas are right.

That wouldn't cause stability problems and may actually improve them. The ship is still symmetrical so a lean to one side is still countered. Where it might help is that the ship is now less top heavy so the increased lower weight ratio may help keep her vertical and reduce roll. That is why the top half of the Voyager and Freedom classes of ships use a lighter metal than the bottom half.

Correct- the top decks are constructed of aluminum metals, compared to the steel metal used below. Not sure on Freedom Class ships but I believe this metal transition is on deck 11 or 12 on Voyager class. This change of metal lowers the centre of gravity of the ship, and therefore, increases stability of the ship.

I think i'd have to agree with DEIx15x8. That seems to make sense.

This photo comes from a PDF file from Aker Yards back in 2006 regarding future ships. Could this rendering be of Genesis?

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3481/genesiscy0.png

looks like a pretty good hint in the link there ;) , pretty cool looking artists rendering tho, i hope these ships have some things that really set them, and RCI, apart from the pack

http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/4/4/14/f_Ad6711m_8cb4acd.jpg

This is how I am interperting what the vessel will look like based on what has been released already. BTW the Boardwalk is to be placed in the aft section right outside just before the tower of balconies start.

GOSH! The school blocked that site i cant wait to get home and see the pictures!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=725664

I copied and pasted this for you all to hopefully stop by and give some love and support. I am sure some of you have met my mom, as others may have never heard of her before. Either way, love, prayers, devotion and friendship is always a welcome in time of need.

I am trying to figure out how to get a hold of Laura to see if we can make the thread I posted a sticky.... Please help me, help my mom!

check this out. I have not seen this on the thread but I could have missed it. My friend at RC sent it to me.

http://www.royalcaribbean-genesis.com/main.html

:eek: :eek: :eek: Incredible site!!! Is this the official site? That video on the front page is awesome!:eek:

Edit: Those renderings are incredible. There is so much good stuff here! I checked the Contacts and it appears to be linked to RCCL but lacks the usual copyrighting stuff. Check out this high res construction photo: http://www.royalcaribbean-genesis.com/gallery/17488-19_Genesis.jpg That is definitely an neighborhood similar to RP for when the CP above gets rained on. So I guess the renamed RP is now just a rain out location, lol. Sorry if i rambled at all but I'm so excited about this site!

:eek: :eek: :eek: Incredible site!!! Is this the official site? That video on the front page is awesome!:eek:

Click on the video section and you see a VP of RCCL standing in the central park and talking about it. It gives a great perspective of how big it actually is.

I would assume it is the official site since it came from a friend at RCCL's headquarters who is in a position where he would never send anything but an RCCL official release. He is the first to share stuff with me when he is allowed to.

Archived