Where to bu sea lice lotion?

Sea Lice a/k/a bather's eruption. Here in Palm Beach County it wouldn't be summer without it! As the water gets warmer the outbreaks get worse. Some people are more suseptible then others. Children and fair-skinned people seems to get it the worst. I've purchased the lotion at Walgreens, Walmart and the Marine Life Center (Sea Turtle Rehab) in Juno Beach, FL. Also some dive shops locally carry it. It really does work. Make sure you rub it in everywhere!! The one spot you don't is where you will get it. :eek:

is this something different than 'swimmers itch'? We get that here in Michigan where parasitic larvae from duck poop burrow into your skin if you don't towel off when you get out of the water. It looks like measels and itches very bad until the larvae die or are killed by your white blood cells (humans aren't a host so you don't get the worms). I wonder if this product could help prevent that too.

is this something different than 'swimmers itch'? We get that here in Michigan where parasitic larvae from duck poop burrow into your skin if you don't towel off when you get out of the water. It looks like measels and itches very bad until the larvae die or are killed by your white blood cells (humans aren't a host so you don't get the worms). I wonder if this product could help prevent that too.

Sea Lice are basically jellyfish larvae. The product is supposed to be effective against both sea lice stings and jellyfish stings. I don't know personally if it works.

wow, thanks for the tip.

I would never have even looked to see if such a product even existed. However, every time I snorkel in Cancun/ Cozumel. I get stung, and it hurts, burns and itches like crazy for nearly a week until I create sores and scars from the stings.

I looked it up last time it happened and you can also be stung be sea anemone or coral "larvae". Which is the most likely in that area.

All I know is if this helps I will be super happy to use it.

ok i am a backward grandma when it comes to ordering on the internet.. do you think this amazon site is safe to use? please dont laugh atr me my adult children will handle that lol:o :o

I have ordered from Amazon for years and have never had one bit of trouble. They have the best customer service and I find that most times I order something it's shipped by the next day.

Dianne

ok i am a backward grandma when it comes to ordering on the internet.. do you think this amazon site is safe to use? please dont laugh atr me my adult children will handle that lol:o :o

I've been buying things on Amazon for years now with a credit card and have never had a problem. I honestly can't think of a more reputable site than Amazon.

I have been cruising AND swimming in the Caribbean for the last 10 years and this is the first time I have heard of this. I subscribe to Caribbean Travel and Life, Conde Nast and Budget Travel. Unless I need my bifocals adjusted, I don't think I have ever read about this problem mentioned in their magazines nor have I or other family members encountered this problem. I am about as fair skinned as they come and spend hours in the ocean down there. I wasn't even aware of this problem or using a product to protect myself or my family. Is this for real?

I have been cruising AND swimming in the Caribbean for the last 10 years and this is the first time I have heard of this. I subscribe to Caribbean Travel and Life, Conde Nast and Budget Travel. Unless I need my bifocals adjusted, I don't think I have ever read about this problem mentioned in their magazines nor have I or other family members encountered this problem. I am about as fair skinned as they come and spend hours in the ocean down there. I wasn't even aware of this problem or using a product to protect myself or my family. Is this for real?

Sure is: Here's a Wikipedia article about "sea lice"

And, here's the page from the manufacturer that describes how the product supposedly works.

Archived