Sky Suite 6145/6146 Millennium Class questions

I Fly

I have booked Cabin 6145 on the Constellation for a 14 day cruise and am concerned about the small closet. Is the closet in this cabin small for a Sky Suite, or small for a standard cabin as well? Are there any other areas for storage? I've also read about the single balcony door and the potential noise coming from the Penthouse. Are any of these issues worth changing to another cabin? Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

I've stayed in 6146. As you probably know this cabin and 6145 were designed to be second bedrooms for the Penthouse Suites and thus have the same decor. The marble bathroom is huge--much larger than any other SS bath, with both shower and tub. There is an entry hall with side table and flowers. The single door to the balcony is great--no sliding back and forth or slamming shut like other veranda balcony doors. And the view is not really affected. Storage is not a problem, although the closet is somewhat smaller than other SS closets. I often use my suite cases as extra storage and simply slid them under the bed. The only possible "problem" may be noise from the adjacent PH, since the connecting door does not have weather stripping at the bottom. You may hear voices (especially if there is a dinner party or argument) (I heard a couple of really nasty--but interesting--ones) or the grand piano playing. But a word to your butler, who also services the PH, is usually enough to stop it (if it even happens).

We just got back two days ago and stayed in 6145. It is a great cabin.

I never heard anything from the Penthouse and we were on the ship for ten nights. My wife got a tour from the people in the Penthouse but I never even saw them. The bed faces the water and there is plenty of storage space . The bathroom has a shower and a tub, but we never used the tub.

The verandah is large and the door can prop open. Also the curtins are controlled by a switch. When it was time to leave I finally figured out how to use everything. They keep the room clean at all times.

I have taken 6146 on 6 different cruises. I LOVE it...my favorite room. If noise or smoke is a problem, put a towel on the floor as a weather strip. The bath is FABULOUS!!! Lots of storage. Closet space is a problem. The butler we had in a SS before we started booking 6146 took us in and showed us. He said they can bring in an extra rack. All 6 times, we have had an extra rack. It is on wheels. TRUST me on this, the best place to put the rack is between the door to the veranda and the TV. If the boat rocks ALOT....the rack won't move. Otherwise they put it by the front door and it is not always easy to open the door.

Have a GREAT time. You will love that room. I was very disappointed that we couldn't get it this time, so I upgraded to a Royal Suite. 6146 is actually LARGER than a typical SS.

Msarfen,

Thanks so much for the idea of using the extra rack. While I hope I don't over pack and need the additional space, it's nice to know I have that option. I can hardly wait for our cruise.

Just to clarify, 6143 and 6144 are Concierge Class, while 6145 and 6146 are Sky Suites. To answer your question, 6143 and 6144 are excellent cabins. The balconies are 11 feet deep with teak wood flooring instead of concrete. The cabin itself is one foot wider. The cabin attendant is the same one that services the Penthouse Suite as well as the Royal Suites. While the suites have butlers, the cabin attendant in that area gives you as close to butler service as you can get. You will love 6143 and 6144.

Not all 6145 and 6146's are built alike!!! The deck on the Millie has no covering, leaving it exposed to whatever rolls off of 10 AFT. The Summit, Infinity and Connie are fine, but this Cabin is not so great on the Millie.

Not all 6145 and 6146's are built alike!!! The deck on the Millie has no covering, leaving it exposed to whatever rolls off of 10 AFT. The Summit, Infinity and Connie are fine, but this Cabin is not so great on the Millie.

I have 6145 booked on Millie to Alaska in 2009. What happened to 6145's cover? Perhaps I should change to an aft cabin?

Anyone have any opinions on 6145 on Millie vs and aft cabin?

• 2 weeks later...
I've stayed in 6146. As you probably know this cabin and 6145 were designed to be second bedrooms for the Penthouse Suites and thus have the same decor. The marble bathroom is huge--much larger than any other SS bath, with both shower and tub. There is an entry hall with side table and flowers. The single door to the balcony is great--no sliding back and forth or slamming shut like other veranda balcony doors. And the view is not really affected. Storage is not a problem, although the closet is somewhat smaller than other SS closets. I often use my suite cases as extra storage and simply slid them under the bed. The only possible "problem" may be noise from the adjacent PH, since the connecting door does not have weather stripping at the bottom. You may hear voices (especially if there is a dinner party or argument) (I heard a couple of really nasty--but interesting--ones) or the grand piano playing. But a word to your butler, who also services the PH, is usually enough to stop it (if it even happens).

Would you please give me some details about the entry hall you mentioned?

I'd like to know if the entry hall has a main door from the hallway into the entry hall and a second door into the room? Or in other words, does the entry hall close off where it could be used to store luggage?

The FV corner AFT has this (two doors and even a doorbell). It was great.

Thanks.

No double doors as with the corner FV--just one door, same style as the Penthouse, with door bell.

Thanks so much.

I was hoping for the extra space with a door. I'm a snorer and my husband is an insomniac. I was thinking how much I'd love to have this room, but it's not worth it if my husband can't sleep!

Would you please give me some details about the entry hall you mentioned?

I'd like to know if the entry hall has a main door from the hallway into the entry hall and a second door into the room? Or in other words, does the entry hall close off where it could be used to store luggage?

The FV corner AFT has this (two doors and even a doorbell). It was great.

Thanks.

There is no door between the entry hall and the room. If you move the entry hall chair into the room you could store some luggage in place of the chair. You might also be able to store some luggage under the table. We had no problem storing our luggage under the bed. Here are two pictures of the entry hall from 6146 on the Infinity. Hope this helps.

Dave

2207176700101716102S600x600Q85.jpg

2597328930101716102S600x600Q85.jpg

We were just in 6146 on Summit. Originally we were in SS 9121 (handicapped accessible that happened to be available). We liked 6146 much better. We found that there was more storage space in 6146 and the furniture was laid out better. The bathroom was amazing and we loved that the bed faced the ocean. We thought that the cabin was particularly soundproof. We heard nothing from the cabins on either side of us.

We were just in 6146 on Summit. Originally we were in SS 9121 (handicapped accessible that happened to be available). We liked 6146 much better. We found that there was more storage space in 6146 and the furniture was laid out better. The bathroom was amazing and we loved that the bed faced the ocean. We thought that the cabin was particularly soundproof. We heard nothing from the cabins on either side of us.

OMG, Susan!

We vacated 6146 after the 2nd day when we moved to 6142. I sure wish we would have known you were the new occupants of 6146!

Aside from the musty smell in 6146, we LOVED the suite. And, yes, the bathroom is to die for. Only reason we moved to 6142 was because it was a steal-of-a-deal to do so, and to experience the Royal Suite.

I hope Rikki treated you as well as he did us. He was a terrific butler.

To the OP: Don't stress over the small amount of closet space. The positives to 6145 and 6146 far outweigh the negative of the small closet. Millennium, excepted, however, as Wineguys pointed out, due to their lack of covered deck space.

OMG, Susan!

We vacated 6146 after the 2nd day when we moved to 6142. I sure wish we would have known you were the new occupants of 6146!

Aside from the musty smell in 6146, we LOVED the suite. And, yes, the bathroom is to die for. Only reason we moved to 6142 was because it was a steal-of-a-deal to do so, and to experience the Royal Suite.

I hope Rikki treated you as well as he did us. He was a terrific butler.

To the OP: Don't stress over the small amount of closet space. The positives to 6145 and 6146 far outweigh the negative of the small closet. Millennium, excepted, however, as Wineguys pointed out, due to their lack of covered deck space.

Please let me in on your secret. How did you find the offer to upgrade to the RS once you were onboard? Congratulations! That must have been amazing!!

There is no door between the entry hall and the room. If you move the entry hall chair into the room you could store some luggage in place of the chair. You might also be able to store some luggage under the table. We had no problem storing our luggage under the bed. Here are two pictures of the entry hall from 6146 on the Infinity. Hope this helps.

Dave

2207176700101716102S600x600Q85.jpg

2597328930101716102S600x600Q85.jpg

Wow, what a pretty entrance! The entranceway looks pretty big. What are two doors on either side of the foreground? Do they go to the bathrooms and maybe the butler's entrance?

Wow, what a pretty entrance! The entranceway looks pretty big. What are two doors on either side of the foreground? Do they go to the bathrooms and maybe the butler's entrance?

The door on the left is the bathroom and the two doors on the right are the closet.

Dave

Please let me in on your secret. How did you find the offer to upgrade to the RS once you were onboard? Congratulations! That must have been amazing!!

No secret, really! RS 6142 was showing open on Celebrity's website right up until the last few days before embarkation. Once we boarded the ship, I asked our butler if 6142 was still vacant. He said it was listed as occupied on his manifest, so I didn't give it another thought. But then after the second night, he let us know it wasn't occupied after all. I called Guest Relations and inquired about moving. They called about 30 mins later with a price ($1500 total for the two of us) which we accepted. It was definitely a stroke of good luck...

No secret, really! RS 6142 was showing open on Celebrity's website right up until the last few days before embarkation. Once we boarded the ship, I asked our butler if 6142 was still vacant. He said it was listed as occupied on his manifest, so I didn't give it another thought. But then after the second night, he let us know it wasn't occupied after all. I called Guest Relations and inquired about moving. They called about 30 mins later with a price ($1500 total for the two of us) which we accepted. It was definitely a stroke of good luck...

I love a happy ending! That's neat!!! Thanks for sharing!

Archived