Live from the Carnival Freedom !!!

Wennfred

Fabulous, now I can rest easy. I bet the doggies will be happy to see you!

Bella which is 8 years old now won't talk to us for 2 days because we left her behind or didn't want to end her vacation at the kennel and Sara the baby which is now 5 will sleep on Wendys lap on the way home.

Fred

My dog keeps looking at me funny because I haven't left the house in 5 days... I have been home from "life and the outside world" because of an inner ear problem. The boards have saved part of my sanity... Our dog loves it when we leave on vacation because she gets to go to "the Farm"... my husbands parents place on 88 acres. She has part beagle part terrier...loves to sniff and dig. Loads of fun with that much land. Thanks again for your diligence to keep fanning the flames of avid cruising....

Hey Fred..We were on the cruise..sorry we did not get the chance to get to the meet and greet, but just wanted to chime in that the last show was really good!..It was a packed house and no lip syncing by the guests...Throughout the week they did auditions through kareoke for the different singers..James Brown, Garth Brooks, Britney Spears..etc..The last show the ones who won performed their character..Very entertaining!..and funny..some forgot their lyrics and cracked voices, so definatly not lip syncing..We had a wonderful cruise!

Hey Fred..We were on the cruise..sorry we did not get the chance to get to the meet and greet, but just wanted to chime in that the last show was really good!..It was a packed house and no lip syncing by the guests...Throughout the week they did auditions through kareoke for the different singers..James Brown, Garth Brooks, Britney Spears..etc..The last show the ones who won performed their character..Very entertaining!..and funny..some forgot their lyrics and cracked voices, so definatly not lip syncing..We had a wonderful cruise!

On the Valor - it was the winners from Kareoke as well. My dh and I were at a few of the tryouts through out the week. You knew it wasn't lip sync as some were not so hot. (not trying to be mean her as my butt wouldn't be up there singing :eek: ) But the Frank Sinatra perfomer was fantastic. Two of the "winners" won because of their friends cheering the loudest. In the end though, it was another great show!

Hey Wennfred, I am happy that you guys enjoyed your cruise!!!

When will you be posting all of your pics. & videos??? Can't wait to see them!!

Thanks, within the next few days I will put those pics and add new threads to Cruise Critic about the 2 cabin reviews with pictures and other topics like the Mongolian Grill. Cathy, my MIL's cabin was decorated also, so everyone will get to look at what the cabin looks like when its fully decorated.

Currently at McCarren's Vegas International Airport, waiting for our San Diego Flight and this will finally completes our Vacation. I have to go to work tonight which sucks.

But I am so relieved that its all over and it all went without any problems, except for the Lost Luggage Scare we had when we got to Miami. Its one thing to have just Wendy and I but when you bring another person with you, you have to ensure you do not get in any trouble, medical wise or in any incident. The stress level is now calming down.

For those renting a car, having our Garmin 660 GPS also helped me get around Miami without any problems, thats an awesome travel tool to have.

Fred

This is the Onboard Sail & Sign Damage for the week:

Entire bill of $1,241.31

Minus the OBC from Fuel Surcharge of -105.00

Minus the Shore Excursions pre-paid -237.00

Minus the Cash deposit from my MIL -260.00

Total final at check out: $639.31

The majority of the bill was Spa and Photo Gallery portraits and drinks.

Not bad for only 3 of us.

Fred

Thanks, within the next few days I will put those pics and add new threads to Cruise Critic about the 2 cabin reviews with pictures and other topics like the Mongolian Grill. Cathy, my MIL's cabin was decorated also, so everyone will get to look at what the cabin looks like when its fully decorated.

Currently at McCarren's Vegas International Airport, waiting for our San Diego Flight and this will finally completes our Vacation. I have to go to work tonight which sucks.

But I am so relieved that its all over and it all went without any problems, except for the Lost Luggage Scare we had when we got to Miami. Its one thing to have just Wendy and I but when you bring another person with you, you have to ensure you do not get in any trouble, medical wise or in any incident. The stress level is now calming down.

For those renting a car, having our Garmin 660 GPS also helped me get around Miami without any problems, thats an awesome travel tool to have.

Fred

Thanks!! I was afraid that I would miss them.

You guys a safe final flight home!!!

This is the Onboard Sail & Sign Damage for the week:

Entire bill of $1,241.31

Minus the OBC from Fuel Surcharge of -105.00

Minus the Shore Excursions pre-paid -237.00

Minus the Cash deposit from my MIL -260.00

Total final at check out: $639.31

The majority of the bill was Spa and Photo Gallery portraits and drinks.

Not bad for only 3 of us.

Fred

That looks similar to the bill we usually get for the two of us. We will find out how we compare on the Freedom with you. We set sail on the 19th.

Fred, we really appreciate all your posts and taking time away from your family and vacation to keep us abreast of the happenings on the Freedom. It was almost like being there.

That looks similar to the bill we usually get for the two of us. We will find out how we compare on the Freedom with you. We set sail on the 19th.

Fred, we really appreciate all your posts and taking time away from your family and vacation to keep us abreast of the happenings on the Freedom. It was almost like being there.

Tell Maitre'D Dino that Fred from Cruise Critic said hello and to not forget to email me.

Fred

jonsmom,

The weather is perfect!

Fred,

I keep missing you! I was just on deck taking pictures as Triumph came in. Everywhere I read about you going, I've just been there or am going there. :D

Gail,

Must be random. I didn't request it. They may be doing it to keep an eye on my boys!

We're on deck 6, 6452.

PaulMedik, Glad you had a great time! I will be in Cabin 6465 on the Freedom in May (not my choice). I know your cabin wasn't under the International Lounge, but did you hear from any of your neighbors about noise issues?

Hi Fred! Enjoyed the review!! I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up, me and DH (aka Mr. Clean) couldn't find the meet-up point...that's a first time Carnival cruiser for ya! We were wearing our Cruise Critic shirts on the 2nd day though, so maybe you spotted me and DH around ship. Or...maybe even saw me in theater, I was one of the ones up near front left standing up and dancing ;-) Sat fairly close to "the lady in house slippers"!

I've posted a lengthy written review, here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=757974

,,but want to also post a pictorial review once I've got all my photos uploaded and ready.

It was a really great cruise, wasn't it?!!!

Cindy

Hi Fred! Enjoyed the review!! I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up, me and DH (aka Mr. Clean) couldn't find the meet-up point...that's a first time Carnival cruiser for ya! We were wearing our Cruise Critic shirts on the 2nd day though, so maybe you spotted me and DH around ship. Or...maybe even saw me in theater, I was one of the ones up near front left standing up and dancing ;-) Sat fairly close to "the lady in house slippers"!

I've posted a lengthy written review, here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=757974

,,but want to also post a pictorial review once I've got all my photos uploaded and ready.

It was a really great cruise, wasn't it?!!!

Cindy

Hi Cindy, I met your hubby on the elevator, he had his CC shirt on as well as a Mr Clean picture, pretty funny...by the way I did see you heading in the one of the gift shops but I didn't want to disturb you guys.

Fred

Hi Cindy, I met your hubby on the elevator, he had his CC shirt on as well as a Mr Clean picture, pretty funny...by the way I did see you heading in the one of the gift shops but I didn't want to disturb you guys.

Fred

Doggonit, I wish you would've! I was hoping someone would see the shirt and "recognize" us since we didn't make it to meet up, LOL!! I especially wanted to meet you and PaulMedik, since you guys are cruise critic gurus!

Cindy

Doggonit, I wish you would've! I was hoping someone would see the shirt and "recognize" us since we didn't make it to meet up, LOL!! I especially wanted to meet you and PaulMedik, since you guys are cruise critic gurus!

Cindy

Out of all the people that checked into our Roll Call, only 5 showed up :D sometimes you get a good turn out and other times only a few. Its hit and miss. Ahoy which are the 2 teachers (Kathy & Letha), PaulMedik (Paul and family), CruisingRobert (Robert & Susan) and 5 O'clock somewhere (Angie) showed up. I would of liked to have met the couple that got married in St.Thomas named LuckyCop (Della & Jeremy), I hope that went well and maybe they can write a review about getting married in St. Thomas because alot of people inquire about that on here.

Fred

Fred,

I just called Carnival and asked them to FAX me our Cruise History so there won't be any slip ups with us getting Platinum status. You got me really excited about the weight that little platinum card carries. This'll be our 12th Carnival cruise but, up until a month ago, Carnival didn't have our records right.

I got the FAX. It's going with us. We're all set now!

Fred,

I just called Carnival and asked them to FAX me our Cruise History so there won't be any slip ups with us getting Platinum status. You got me really excited about the weight that little platinum card carries. This'll be our 12th Carnival cruise but, up until a month ago, Carnival didn't have our records right.

I got the FAX. It's going with us. We're all set now!

Good, you can also print it out from the Website also, but the fax will work, if it shows 11 Carnival cruises then you are set, no need to even pull it out, what port are you crusing out of? Oh Miami on Saturday? sweet, I just found out Im on Vacation again starting tomorrow, I should get back on there and sail with you guys LOL, Saturday is my Birthday, what a nice gift.

You will love the new Miami Terminal.

Fred

This is what will happen, after dropping off your luggage outside with the porters, you enter the terminal, you will have to show the Rep your VIP Luggage Tag thats attached to your carry-on luggage, he/she will tell you to continue on the other side, the other side of that long line is where the VIP line is located, you immediately will see Security and the dreaded X-Ray machine. Once through, head into the next room but stay to the left, you will see a sign that says VIP Lounge this way. Go inside those doors and they will kindly check you in and give you your Platinum Cards. All that is needed to check in is your Passport and Credit Card, thats it. When they swipe your Passport, all of your info will come up on the computer. Then give them the Credit Card that you used in the Fun Pass so that they can complete the link with that acccount.

After you leave there are escalators that will take you upstairs and around to the Glass Walkway device that is connected to the ship. Then you are on your way.

Fred

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is what will happen, after dropping off your luggage outside with the porters, you enter the terminal, you will have to show the Rep your VIP Luggage Tag thats attached to your carry-on luggage, he/she will tell you to continue on the other side, the other side of that long line is where the VIP line is located, you immediately will see Security and the dreaded X-Ray machine. Once through, head into the next room but stay to the left, you will see a sign that says VIP Lounge this way. Go inside those doors and they will kindly check you in and give you your Platinum Cards. All that is needed to check in is your Passport and Credit Card, thats it. When they swipe your Passport, all of your info will come up on the computer. Then give them the Credit Card that you used in the Fun Pass so that they can complete the link with that acccount.

After you leave there are escalators that will take you upstairs and around to the Glass Walkway device that is connected to the ship. Then you are on your way.

Fred

Fred, I have pasted and copied your review through the days and will now edit it to match our cruise in January 2009. I am even more excited about the cruise now, if that is possible. This will be my fourth cruise (got a late start at cruising) I never realized it could be less expensive than hotels and food so this is a wonderful way to vacation. I don't know if I will make it to platinum but sounds like a wonderful way to go.

A couple of questions, I may have missed your answers so please be patient.

1. Are the pools crowded? I know it depends on weather etc but was just wondering.

2. Did you hear what people's favorite excursions were?

3. Was there a liquor tasting and how does it work on this ship? One ship I went on, they were generous and we found new liquors to buy but one ship was only sharing rum and we could get that in the states so didn't buy much there.

4. Did they have the secret doors on Freedom? Which deck if so?

5. Is there any part of the spa I can use free? If so, what part?

Thanks for your review. I will now go back and edit it so I can bring it with me on our cruise.

Fred

Fred, is there a benefit to booking another cruise while onboard? Is there a smaller deposit? OBC?

Linda

Archived