Live from the Carnival Freedom !!!

Wennfred

Cheers to you... bravo on such a wonderful thread (minus one nutty post from an angry smoker)... Thanks so much for allowing us a look into your vacation life. Hope all goes well with your flights........

looking forward to the pics....

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! Even though I am not sailing on the Freedom, it's still wetting my appetite for my upcoming cruise. I give you a lot of credit - I'm not sure I could be as deligent as you :)

Thanks for taking us along for your vacation. :)

I agree completely...Thank-you Fred!!

Freedom Day 7 AT SEA / Last Night

We have Zone 1 to disembark but we are going to leave later, more like 9:30am and take our time, I will give you

the Zone time frames when I get to Miami. I should be abloe to post my Disembarkation review as well as the feel of

the new terminal.

We purchased 3 bus transfers to Miami International Airport, they cost 14.00 each. They used to cost 12.00 each, I

guess the price of fuel is affecting everyone. Buses are leaving the terminal until 11:30am.

We are heading to our last dinner night, I have all of the extra tips in envelopes and ready to go.

I was able to go down to the Internet Cafe and print out my American Airlines boarding passes for free, I had 9

minutes left but the Internet cafe guy gave me an additional 9 minutes more because of a 2 for 1 they hard earlier.

So I am able to post a few more before we depart tomorrow.

Seaweed5,

For formal night, everyone seemed to dress up, everyone in very nice dresses and the men in suits or tuxs, I guess

most people do not know about the new elegant dress codes. I didnt see anyone in jeans at all. All seemed normal to

me. Typically the people that cruise out of Miami always dress very nicely. That has been my experience. By the way

for those that like to take those portaits at those photo stations, they added alot more back drops or backgrounds.

Back to the Piano Bar smoke issue,

There was only 1 guy smoking when I was there for 1 hour and it didnt affect me at all, and I have a sensitive

nose. He was sitting alone and it wasn't smokey at all, Maybe the ventilation system works welll there, But whos to

say that on the next cruise their might be more smokers, you never know.

Fred

Hi Fred! Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation! I have a quick question: Where did you purchase your bus transfers to MIA? Can you purchase them on the ship....before you sail....what? Thanks for all of your awesome posts....felt like we were on the cruise with you! Can't wait for the pix!:D

Freedom Day 7 Last Dinner

Very sad night, you know you get used to these people that take care of you the whole cruise, then all of the

waiters and maitre'd to sing that flying on a Jet plane song and everyone starts to cry. Cathy gave our waiter a

long hug and then started to cry as well.

Thats the way it is on Carnival everyone is family. Maitre'D Dino is going to email me so we can stay in touch, I

told him that I needed a Maitre'D contact incase I had a cruise critic question. He will be emailing me soon.

Cathy also thanked Dino for all of the awesome service he provided to the whole dining room and also to us.

I still have Gede Tips envelope, he is my cool cabin steward, I told him to show up in the morning.

Changing into my jean shorts and getting the luggage out the door, they pick the luggage up from 9pm to 11:30pm.

Tonights is the Legends show, we opt not to go to it because we never did like it and since we got a long day ahead

of us tomorrow with arriving into Las Vegas around 5:30pm, Im going to call it for the night.

I just got the phone with Paul, cruise critic member Paulmedik, he is a cool guy, glad to have met him and his

family. Cruise Critic members are cool, we all have the same in common, and he is also planing on that Dream Team

cruise that Host Randy is starting. I'm also planning going on that Dream team cruise also.

Feel free to ask any questions because I still about 4 more minutes here to use up.

Fred

Q & A's

Cruiselover999,

Bus transfers to Miami Airport and FLL Airport can be purchased at the Pursers Deck for $14.00 each. Buses are lined up outside of the Cruise Terminal from 8am - 11:30am.

I want to also thank everyone that logged on to read my daily review and to thank me for doing so. I know that there were alot mis-spelled words and typos, I wasn't going to log back on and waste extra minutes to correct those, so thanks again for putting up with that LOL. I kid around with Ahoy, Ahoy is also a cruise critic member and is also a school teacher here onboard with me, I told her she would have to come up to the cabin and proof read my reviews.

All of reviews were posted from my desk here in the cabin.

Fred

Thanks again Fred - I've really enjoyed "sailing" with you this week. I do have one question you can answer when you get back.... I've read here from some crew members that posted that the entertainment staffs and shows were being cut - did you notice any of that? I know on our last cruise there were only 2 midnight shows all week on an 8 day cruise (with 4 sea days where people could sleep in after being up late) and wasn't sure if it was a fluke, if a fly-on act or two missed the ship, or if they were really cutting back that much. We had something almost every night on our 7 day cruise the year before. Just curious - the entertainment is one of things we enjoy most - especially the comedy acts.

PaulMedik - am looking forward to your review as well - I still remember how great your Glory review was last year.

Thanks guys! :D

Freedom Disembarkation day

We got up at 7:30am, the ship arrived very earily around 6am. At 7:30am they started Self Assist Disembarkation and

they started with deck 1. Its 8am and they just called deck 2 for self assist. We dropped off 2 luggages last night

but they should be in the Zone 1 area. Should be easy to find.

Wendy and Cathy are off to get their last breakfast in the dining room, it was open from 6:30am - 8am. Im doing the

last minute packing, the last thing that goes in it this lap top and we should be leaving around 9:30am, going easy

and not going to rush because we already have our boarding passes, we just need to check 2 bags at the airport.

Fred

I don't post too often, but wanted to say thank you for this thread. We're on the Freedom next Saturday, and again in Oct 2009. I can't wait to see the pictures. We booked this cruise in Sept 2006 - so it's been a long time coming, and I can't wait.

Have a safe trip home. We're on AA - but I figure they should be all done w/ inspections by Wednesday (fingers crossed anyway).

Fred, thank you for taking so much time out of your vacation to keep us updated and entertained all week. This post has been such a blessing to me as I am suffering so badly with post cruise depression (and I'm not joking!) I have decided that I have to do the Eastern Caribbean itinerary in 2009 as my cruises this year all do the Western route. After reading your posts, I would almost switch out my suumer cruise for the Eastern, but being past final payment, its too late anyway!!

Anyhoo...thanks a million. You are certainly a great asset to cruise critic and I always enjoy your posts!! Have a safe trip home.

Maybe we should all send Fred some $$ for the entertainment provided and he can use that for his next cruise, LOL

Freedom, Disembarkation Day

We left the ship at 8:40am and was held in the ships lobby because they needed to ease up the traffic out by the Homeland security desk, We finally got to the Homeland Security desk at 8:55am and off we went to baggage claim. our luggage was circling around the carasel along with many other zones, so will see zone 1, 3, 5, 9, 15 etc.

There was one small luggage that looked excactly like Cathys, same zone number tag and same brand name, after seeing it go by 4 times, I figured that maybe the other person took ours, but they were still loading more luggage in the back. I took 2 quick video shots of the inside of the terminal by baggage claim but later was told to erase it, I did with no problem, I understand the security behind it, you guys will have to wait to see this new terminal, its very nice. Everyone has those black cloth luggages with the wheels, make sure you mark yours well, with paint or colorful ribbons. We are retiring all of our black luggage and getting all new luggage with some off the wall color that stands out a mile away.

We left the cruise terminal at 9:20am, it took us that long to get Cathy's bag and got on the bus at 9:25am.

Transfer buses are lined up right outside at an angle going to all of the airlines, even if the sign doesn't say American Airlines they still direct you to the bus thats going to American Airlines, its very organized. The bus left at 9:40am, exactly 1 hour from the time we left the ship so if you getting on a very earily flight make sure you are doing Self Assist and take all of your luggage with We arrived at Miami Airport at 10am. Our bus driver is giving us a guided tour on our way to the Airport, this guy is cool. I gave him a $5.00 tip since he did alot for us.

Since we have First Class tickets there was no wait to get our 3 bags checked in, we already had our boarding passes so all we need was to check in those 3 bags. We made it to Security at 10:25am. Going through Security was a mess, lots of lines and then you have to pretty much strip down. The metal detector kept going off on me and I search and it was a packet of Dentyne Ice chewing gum, you know it has that aluminum foil thats on the back and you press the gum through. Thats what hit the sensors. So I had to be placed on the side while the checked my CPAP machine and then do a pat down on me.

Concourse C to gate C-5 was a long walk, we made it to our gate at 10:50am because the security check point took so long, I had to put my shoes and belt back on and place the laptop back into its luggage pocket.

Waiting here now to board at 2:55pm and we are going to get a snack and catch up on emails etc.

Miami International Airport sucks, while WIFI is free at most airports, you have to pay here to use the internet. the rate is 9.95 for the all day pass.

Fred

Archived