Labadee - BBQ Lunch

macy

Can you tell me where the BBQ lunch is held. Is it on the beach that the tender brings you to? We are thinking of going to one of the beaches further down, but wondered where the lunch is held. Is it good?

Thanks for your help.

when you get off on the island head to the left. Looking way down the island, head toweard the large shelter area. This is were lunch is then go left and it opens to a great beach with a view of the ship. When its lunch time its a quick walk over to the wonderful food and then back to the beach to eat. We went all the way toward the ship and under a tree and the beach atttendant brought us some chairs.Labadoozes available right behind you. It was a very lovely day. Dragons breath is also nearby. You can google for a map of the island. by two we were soooo hot we headed back to the tender and I heard others later say they waited for a long time to tender back . So return early or last I guess. Also i suggest eating at Windjammer that morning as you pull into prt and watch the locals help tie up the ship-pretty neat.

I believe they set it up in two sepparate locations close to the main beach.

It is excellent, especially the barbecued ribs! Yum.

It's actually THREE locations! I agree that the ribs were the best part of the meal. The worst part was the lack of drink choices -- watered down Kool-aid, yuck-o! Next time I'll bring a canned soda or water from the ship.

2549789090102513289S425x425Q85.jpg

2762770050102513289S425x425Q85.jpg

Here are 2 pics we took of the lunch area on Labadee that we ate at. I remember it being close to zip line beach area.

We got a can of coke using our soda card.

There were some covered areas to sit under.

I thought the lunch was pretty good considering how it is set up.

Laura

Thank you all for your great replies. It sounds like we will still be able to go to the Dragon's Breath area and be close to the lunch area and it sounds like the ribs are going to be pretty good. Thanks for the map, it was very helpful. And, we'll remember to bring a bottle of water or a can of pop with us. Thanks a lot, we are really looking forward to this stop.

I was really hoping someone was going to mention that...:D :rolleyes: Labradoozie anyone?? :p

DH and I were going to get one but watched the guy start to make it and changed our minds at the same time. Not happy with the cleanliness. This was a small off the path place. I know there are probably a lot of places on Labadee to purchase one so just be a little careful which one you choose.

Laura

Archived