Just got back from Rays, Reef & Rum Point tour

Kiki in Michigan

We went on the RRR tour by Nativeway last week from the Carnival Legend. I can't say enough great things about the tour and operators. We had a great time, as did everyone on our boat, and everything went supersmoothly. We wish we could've stayed at Rum Point for the rest of the day, but hey, Nativeway is not responsible for the time the ship leaves port. This tour gave great bang for out buck! Highly recommend!:)

Recently did the RRR for the second time. We loved it but I couldn't believe how crowded Rum Point was. When we were there in 2005 there were only a few people there. I still love Rum Point and would love to spend alot of time there. After the tour, we had over an hour to shop.

Recently did the RRR for the second time. We loved it but I couldn't believe how crowded Rum Point was. When we were there in 2005 there were only a few people there. I still love Rum Point and would love to spend alot of time there. After the tour, we had over an hour to shop.

Personally, I blame CC for the fact that Rum Point is so crowded now. :D Everyone keeps raving about how great it is, so more CC members book tours to it or head there on their own, and then they rave about it to all of their friends, and so on and so on...

I won't go over any more, at least not on a weekend (packed with locals) or a heavy cruise ship day (packed with tour groups). It used to be one of my favourite hangouts when I'm on the island, but as much as I love the food and the atmosphere it's just not worth fighting the crowds...

Personally, I blame CC for the fact that Rum Point is so crowded now. :D Everyone keeps raving about how great it is, so more CC members book tours to it or head there on their own, and then they rave about it to all of their friends, and so on and so on...

I won't go over any more, at least not on a weekend (packed with locals) or a heavy cruise ship day (packed with tour groups). It used to be one of my favourite hangouts when I'm on the island, but as much as I love the food and the atmosphere it's just not worth fighting the crowds...

It was kind of a downer that it was crowded. But my alternative was being in Ohio, so I'll take the crowd:) . We were the only ship in port so I was even more surprised that it was crowded. Oh well. I love it there, people or no people.

If you have a bout of sea sickness...is there a washroom onboard?

I usually take a sea sickness pill before any water tours so hopefully I won't have a problem! :eek:

My DH is also only along for the ride and to take pictures from the boat. I'm assuming the price is the same if you snorkel...hang with the stingrays or not.

Pat :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived