Venice airport ?water taxi desk?

I am apologizing before asking this question as I'm sure this has been asked many times before. But with the "search" feature being down please excuse my repeating this inquiry~

But is there a desk where you can just hire a water taxi to take you to Venice and your hotel after landing?

Is it possible to pre-reserve? Does anyone know the Name of the water taxi company? I've searched it on Google with not alot of success.

I know that there are other options to get to Venice/hotels but DH has limited mobility and I want to make this as stress free as possible.

Thank you in advance!

Audrey

We were just in Venice, and we got off the NCL Jade there. We walked across the bridge to our hotel (Santa Chiara). The ship also had water buses which went to St. Mark's square, and there was a regular water bus shuttle at the port. At St. Mark's, you can buy a ticket on the regular water bus which goes the length of the canal and stops at various places along there.

I just read a whole article on line about water taxis and other water transportation from the airport. It is a 7 minute walk from the terminal to the water taxis -- you just follow the signs. The biggest problem you may have is when you get to Venice itsself and have to get from where they let you off to your hotel. If you are going from the aiport to the ship you should be left off fairly close to your ship. Wish I could tell you how to get to it but I don't have the site on my computer anymore. I think I just searched Venice airport water taxi. Hope this is helpful.

Consorzio Motoscafi Venezia operates a water taxi desk at the airport dock (picture is attached). As mentioned previously, there is a 5-10 min walk from the terminal to reach this dock. It is a sidewalk with a curved awning over for some partial shelter (picture is attached). We did have to ask someone in the terminal for directions to get to the sidewalk from the airport terminal.

We arranged thru our hotel to have a water taxi pick us up at the airport dock. Saves the trouble of having to tell the driver how to get there.....

12045014_WaterTaxiBooth.jpg.1fc91bcd36e1bae577ded85be62db1d6.jpg

2097471278_watertaxiwalkwayfromairport.jpg.0dc86179eae30ade874263172473977d.jpg

Someone posted this info

"get the three Euro blue bus from Marco Polo to Piazzale Roma,"

If your hotel is at San Basilio then take the no. 82 vaporetto (water bus)

http://www.actv.it/english/navigazione.php?pagina=tariffe_vaporetto

I have read the water taxis are very expensive compared to the Valporetto

http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/company.htm

We stayed at the Residence Corte Grimani which is located right next to Locanda Orseolo in the St. Mark's area. We were quoted and paid 100 Euro for taking our family of 4 on a water taxi from VCE to the hotel.

Someone posted this info

"get the three Euro blue bus from Marco Polo to Piazzale Roma,"

If your hotel is at San Basilio then take the no. 82 vaporetto (water bus)

http://www.actv.it/english/navigazione.php?pagina=tariffe_vaporetto

I have read the water taxis are very expensive compared to the Valporetto

http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/company.htm

LHT28:

it is a convenience/time vs cost/afford-to-spend thing. The vaporetto is much cheaper for sure. I would rather have saved the 100 Euro but we had a family of 4 (incl 2 kids) with lots of luggage that would have to be rolled to the hotel from the nearest vaporetto stop. All this after having arrived from the USA on an all night flight.....

I agree with mahdnc...I know there are lots of less costly ways to hotel. But we are looking for the least stressful way. DH has had a hip replaced and will need the other done in the near future.

There's really no way for us to drag suitcases, on and off vaporettos, taxis, over bridges and sidewalks. I'd love to not spend the $ but if that is what it takes to start this trip without alot of hassles after a long flight then I'll save someplace else.

The vaporettos are great for getting around without the luggage and we look forward to riding them as we tour the city.

LHT28:

it is a convenience/time vs cost/afford-to-spend thing. The vaporetto is much cheaper for sure...

I agree! convenience or cost sometimes wins out.

It was another option

I emailed the Consorzio and got the following quote for a water taxi. from the airport to the Luna Baglioni at San Marco was 100 euros. from the hotel to the port it was 80 euros. I plan on using them too after an all night flight.

How many people and bags is that for? Thank you

The quote was just for my Husband and myself and for four pieces of luggage because that is what I mentioned in my email to them. However, I think I read someplace that the same quote would be good for up to 4 people and eight pieces of luggage. you might have to check with them about that. They responded to my email within hours of it being sent.

http://www.alilaguna.it

http://www.actv.it

http://www.vtp.it

Actv does not go to the airport, don't worry.

It depends if you are coming off of a flight with much luggage (that you've already paid additionally for) and head for a problematic hotel before a cruise. Versus going to the airport after an apartment stay after a cruise.

If you are a couple and want to go from the cruise ship to St Marks Square.

If this couple wants to go to the airport from St Marks Square. (or vice versa either of the two) -- there is a water ferry service that expects you to have luggage and takes care of it for 1/4 of a water taxi. You are not going to get me to spend $150 for a 10-20 minute ride in a private speed boat (can get a way better rate in Caribbean, Hawaii, or Florida to go out fishing for the day. You should also be the kind of person who went to a major hotel website and is paying $800+/night for one room plus breakfast versus a two-bedroom apartment with views and full kitchen for $222/night where we will buy food for two meals a day and enjoy visiting the Rialto market (we will have had 12 nights of ship dinning already).

Doesn't hurt to check out all of your options and at least spend prudently.

My only question at this point is whether to get the Venicecard/Orange instead and where I have to go to get it when I arrive in Venice. Anyone out there have useful experience with the Venicecard?

Best to you re Venice adventure. I'm impressed enough by the challenge of Venice that we arranged a tour that ended in Venice; rented an apartment for 3 additional nights with easy access off of St. Marks Square; have a major detailed tour book that I'm starting to read for the next 2 weeks.

David

Archived