First Cruise on the Dawn June 1

Evilmille

My husband and daughter went to Alaska last summer on the Gem so now I get to go to Bermuda. Wondering if freestyle 2.0 will be ready. Also, family said the food on the Gem was outstanding. Wondering if the Dawn will be similar. We are staying in the 2 bedroom suite, 2 adults and 2 teenagers.

Any thoughts from the veteran cruisers? Thanks.

We were on the Dawn the week after Thanksgiving last year and really liked the Dawn. We really liked the food; we ate in the main dining room, Le Bistro, Cagney's, Blue Lagoon, and of course, the buffet. I thought her atrium was beautiful. And, it was decorated for Christmas, with several trees, etc. They also have a movie theater on the Dawn. Enjoy!

I was on the Dawn the week before Christmas last year and loved the ship and the food was extremey good! DD and I had the time of our lives. We mostly ate in the Venetian and every meal was interesting and very good!

At that time there was free laundry washers and dryers onboard but am not sure if they are still available.

Have fun

My husband and daughter went to Alaska last summer on the Gem so now I get to go to Bermuda. Wondering if freestyle 2.0 will be ready. Also, family said the food on the Gem was outstanding. Wondering if the Dawn will be similar. We are staying in the 2 bedroom suite, 2 adults and 2 teenagers.

The Dawn is still our favorite ship. We've cruised the Dawn, Jewel and Gem.

The only thing that I can think of that is better on the Jewel and Gem is the buffet but we do not utilize the buffet except for a cup of coffee/iced tea when passing through.

Seems like a much better set-up than the Dawn. And many have posted that the lines move much faster on the Jewel and Gem.

You will have the services of a butler and concierge. Your butler will bring any food that you like at any time of day/evening;)

Menus seem to be fleetwide so the food should be comparable.

Have a great cruise:)

Just got off the Dawn yesterday. They are implementing Freestyle 2.0 as we speak. They are repositioning to NYC today and tomorrow and are using the time for updates to 2.0 without any passengers onboard.

You will love your suite. We were in one and having the butler, concierge, and vip access to tenders, and embark/debarkation leaves virtually nothing for you to worry about. Best cruise we've been on to date!

We will be cancelling our Carnival Cruise in Sept. and rescheduling with NCL. We were very impressed with everything.

Hi Evilmille,

We are on the same cruise...... june 1st sailing Dawn to Bermuda.

The same with a few posters back (uncle Paulie). don't be scared off by the toga.....LOL --It's just wishful thinking on Uncle Paulies part;)

Like Uncle Paulie said ......sign onto our roll call post and start chatting, and then when onbard we have a meet and greet party so that everyone you will be talking to on that sailing will meet - it 's really a cool thing to do.

since this is your first cruse, I'll explain a little......just go to the roll call section and look up our ship and sailing date and say "Hi".There is always room for more people to join in. :) "the more the merrier" And most of the people on our roll call have sailed the Dawn before and loved her. I'm sure they can answer alot of questions you have, Hope to see you there.

Denise

2boyzmom ~ no big slide on the Dawn. But, in the T-Rex Pool area there are little slides for the kids.

evilmille ~ I'm assuming you're in an AB Penthouse? You are going to be sooooo spoiled!!! We are in an AB the week after you this year. This will be our third time on the Dawn, third time in the AB. To answer your question, no, there will likely not be an upsell in your future. The only category that can accommodate 4 above the AB is the Garden Villa. That one is about $11,000 to $13,000 per peson. So, enjoy the AB. But, be forewarned. Once you sailin an AB, you'll never go back to anything else!

Link to many pics of the AB in my signature.

Happy Sailing!!! :D

We really enjoyed our cruise in February on the Dawn. We liked it so much we signed up for a Bermuda cruise in July,

We had an aft penthouse suite on deck nine and it couldn't have been nicer. Just the right size for the two of us and the butler service was fantastic.

We can't wait to go back and experience the 2.0 freestyle.

Have a great cruise.

dennis

Archived