Millenium cabin 9068 v 8118

kathynorth

Does anyone have any advice regarding cabin 9068 (skydeck) v. 8118 (panorama)? They are both starboard on the Millenium. I've read that there can be noise in the aft cabins on deck 9. Is this also a problem for the deck 9 side cabins? Is there any chance that items from deck 10 can fall or be spilled onto the balcony on deck 9? Is the view better on 9 than on 8? Thanks for your help!

We have sailed on the Millie and three of her sisters so perhaps I can help. 9068 is under the pool deck but not in an area near food service, which is where most complain of chair scraping. We have stayed on 9 and not heard a thing.

Were you aware that 8118 is a connecting cabin? They are notorious for intercabin noise and you will lose a couch in favor of a chair because of the door.

Check with your TA or booking agent and see if there are any other cabins available if both of those cabins are not what you wish.

Just got off Millie and we were in 9067. It's really quite quiet - mid day you might hear a chair or a fast herd of thundering children upstairs but it is the deck area for the hydropool with the spa beyond so it's not a high traffic pattern. Although we were on the port side, I think it's got the same overhang (think covered patio) so I stayed out on my verandah even when it was pouring rain.

I would recommend going on deck 8 instead of deck 9 if you have a choice. Deck 10 has a big overhang that, I believe, would interefere with your view from the balcony (it looks like you'd get a lot of shade and would prevent you from looking up). Other people on here have said the same thing. I don't think it would be a major deterrent, but, for me, I don't think I would have liked it. We were in cabins 8109 & 8111 (i.e., right on the other side of the ship from 8118), and the view just seemed to me to be better from the 8th deck than the 9th.

Archived