Self Indulgent?

gordons4

Hi,

DH and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on our cruise. :D I would like to decorate the door with a festive anniversary sign, but that seems a little self-indulgent or self-promoting. :( Am I wrong?

We're traveling alone, so it's not like they'll be anyone else to do the "anniversary thing" for us.

We've been looking forward to this trip for a long time, and I want to make it fun and festive for us.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Sheri

I did for my husband and I for our 1st anniversary. We also were traveling by our selves.. It was nice to come into the room with decorations in the room. I also did it for my parents on theire 40th anniversary cruise lasted year. They really LOVED it. They even called from the ship to tell me about the decorations.

So do it for your self.. It will be fun.

We celebrated our 23rd anniversary on the Sapphire Princess. The cabin stewards were wonderful, we came back from our day out and there were balloons, towel shaped animals and a card sitting on the window. Plus on the door was a poster with Happy Anniversary. Our friends ordered a cake for us at dinner and the staff all sang Happy Anniversary. It was a wonderful day. Hope yours is too!

• Administrators

I'd decorate the door, and see what (if any) anniversary/celebration type packages the cruiseline offers you might want to purchase -- most offer special dinners, wine packages, massage packages, etc. I'd also make sure the line knows that this is an anniversary celebration (your TA should have made a note of that when making the reservation). Happy Silver Anniversary!

Yes, do decorate your door!! We decorated our door for our Mardi Gras cruise this year and got lots of compliments and comments. We used balloons and masks, etc. The doors are metal, so we used magnets with hooks to hold streamers and regular magnets for posters. We are going on a Med cruise next year for our GOLDEN anniversary and will decorate our door as well as our room. The cruise line knows (via our TA) that this is our anniversary, so I expect some decorations from them, too.:D

Thanks for the many anniversary wishes. :) I hadn't thought about it being our "silver" wedding anniversary--that makes us sound so old. :eek:

Question about notifying the TA. I found, and then researched, the TA online, but I made the reservations on the phone, and have talked to her a couple times since. She didn't ask about any special occassions. Do most of the reputable TA's ask those questions? Should I call and tell her, or did I just pick a dud of an agency?

Thanks for all the input--I'm off to hunt for anniversary signs. :D

Sheri

Thanks for the many anniversary wishes. :) I hadn't thought about it being our "silver" wedding anniversary--that makes us sound so old. :eek:

Question about notifying the TA. I found, and then researched, the TA online, but I made the reservations on the phone, and have talked to her a couple times since. She didn't ask about any special occassions. Do most of the reputable TA's ask those questions? Should I call and tell her, or did I just pick a dud of an agency?

Thanks for all the input--I'm off to hunt for anniversary signs. :D

Sheri

Happy Silver Anniversary...Yes, you definitely need to call her and have her notify your cruise line. Last year we were on a cruise when we celebrated our anniversary and HAL brought us a cake to our dinner table and sang to us. This year we'll be celebrating our 15th anniversary while we're on the Oosterdam and we're going to renew our wedding vows. There's another idea for you. Have fun...:)

Archived