New C&A coupon policy???

aleone

I am sailing on the Vision next March and there was a coupon. I had booked this mid September. The coupon's fine print said for new bookings 10/01/2004...Sooooooooo.. I called my TA, he proceeded to call RCCI and they cancelled and rebooked my trip so I could use the coupon.

Seems like a bunch of extra work for everybody but I did get to use the coupon.

Jill

I've haven't read any further yet, so pardon me if this has already been asked. Don't you risk the price of your cruise actually changing by cancelling and re-booking? Were you one of the lucky ones where this was not a factor?

Looks like the coupons will be useless and pretty much de-value being a Crown and Anchor member since most C & A members probably book early. I don't now see that C & A offers many REAL tangible perks (for me personally). Nothing that wants to keep me loyal to them anyway. I'm not going to sail with them just for the free token gift and welcome back party, that's for sure! The discounted cruise coupons were the best "PERK" in my opinion (may not be your opinion, I understand that), but like posters said, if you wait on a coupon that is within acceptable dates, the price of the cruise is probably higher than it would have been when booked early. Therefore, of no use. I prefered the coupons that didn't specify a date (Now that's a "perk") and used one to book my cruise next year. Thank goodness I did it before these coupons came out!

A poster said they put coupons in there for less than full cruises, well, they are probably also offering reduced rates to the general public for those sailings. They aren't doing us a favor by giving C & A members those coupons. If the C & A program is supposed to reward those loyal to RCCL, coupons with fewer restrictions (as in the past) should be offered. Coupons of no use are not a reward. This is all just my personal opinion, yours may differ and I respect that.

I've haven't read any further yet, so pardon me if this has already been asked. Don't you risk the price of your cruise actually changing by cancelling and re-booking? Were you one of the lucky ones where this was not a factor?

Yes the price may change. Make sure your cruise price hasn't increased or you will pay the higher price when rebooking. I had only booked my cruise a few weeks before the "coupon' debacle.

jill

Hello Truffles2!! Say hi to Truffles for us! We are cruising on Serenade in January, So. Caribbean, then again in October for our 25th anniversary - Hawaii. We are platinum now, but I don't think we'll ever catch up to you guys!! Enjoy the Grandeur next month - great memories!!

I faxed my coupon myself to RCL. (Although my travel agent said it was denied when she tried). Here is my fax back from RCL.

Dear Travel Partner
Thank you for using our online Coupon Redemption Center!
We have received and applied your Royal Caribbean internation or Celebrity Cruises coupon as submitted. [I]But wait...[/I]

[B]We reserve the right to inspect and examine any original coupon for verification. We reserve the right to disallow any credit for inappropriately duplicative submissions and those submissions which are inconsistent with the terms and conditions of the coupon.[/B]
Thank you and best regards,

Doesn't sound 100% yet to me :confused:

I am bringing this thread up to the top again to let everyone know, thanks to [b]cruzinmimi [/b]and her "coupon email address", that I went ahead and emailed my coupon information in and they accepted it! :D

I was one of those a little "ticked" that I'd booked my cruise only two days prior to the dates eligible in the C&A magazine and when I called customer service was also told "sorry" :mad:

I was looking at my cruise itinerary today and thought, "I wonder if I did get the credit after all since I hadn't heard either way". So I called and the cust serv guy said, "yes, there is a $50 credit shown".

(I was one of those who couldn't cancel and re-book because I had a $100 shipboard credit from booking on the cruise I had just returned from and I'd have lost that credit).

[color=black][size=3][font=Times New Roman]Just so everyone knows, there is hope in getting RCCL to accept coupons even if you booked after the date shown on the coupon. I booked my cruise through a TA. When my TA submitted the coupon we were told it was accepted and then 2 days later RCCL told my TA it would not be accepted. I paid the higher fare and e-mailed RCCL. After 2 rounds of e-mails I finally received a response back that it was accepted and the price difference would be refunded via a check. It is good to know that RCCL does take into consideration logic when making some decisions.[/font][/size][/color]
[color=black][size=3][/size][/color]
Cheers!:)

I booked a RCCL cruise in June 2004 for next March 2005. I recently received a coupon for my sailing in the Crown & Anchor Magazine $125 per stateroom if reserved between 10/1/04 and 12/31/04. I sent the coupon to my on-line travel agency and just received notice that it has been honoured up to $100 (the online agency usually only gives 80%). I'm delighted because I benefitted from an early booking price and the coupon.

Archived