First thru door and first to pier coordinator...what time?

We are sailing on the Freedom next week. We are taking a red eye from the west coast that arrives at 6:30am. Since I want to try for an upgrade (I am ok if I don't get it)and we have nothing but time to kill, I want to be one of the very first people on board and to the pier coordinator. What time do they open the doors?

normally........they are open to have people check in.........around 10:30 to 11 AM. When you check in..........ask to speak to the pier coordinator, and let him/her know what you are looking for.

Warning...............if the ship is full........it's doubtfull that anything will be available. However.......if someone has missed the ship.........and that happens from time to time...........you might get lucky..........and get your upgrade.

There have been many articles written about upgrades at the pier....and costs associated with the upgrade. Try the search engine on Cruise Critic to find what the pier upgade costs would be.

Good luck......and good hunting!!

Rick

Thanks so much...and, no, I'm not Diamond but I am still going to give it my best shot :}

One more question, I have looked at those threads on prices and I have not seen a price for going from inside to inside Family cabin? Miraculously, there are still 3 available on our cruise and we sail in 3 weeks.

A few years ago we did a pier upgrade to the RS on the Voyager. We were there at 10:00 AM and there were people in line ahead of us, we were Diamond so we were the first in line for the Diamond/Suites checkin window. As soon as we checked in I made a mad dash down to the pier coordinator desk, with about 10 other folks running behind me. I was first to arrive, not bad for a fifty + overweight guy. The RS was still available so we took it as an upgrade from our GS. The next guy in line behind me took the GS we gave up, and so on down the line.

If you snooze you lose.

Hypo

Does the Pier Co-ordinator offer bargain rates at sailing or what?

Yes, if there are upgrades available at the pier (and there rarely are these days) they are at a much discounted rate and are per stateroom not person.

Someone mentioned getting an upgrade if someone missed the ship. That is not necessarily true. If someone has missed the ship, they still may catch the ship at another port, so the cruiseline can not release that stateroom. Now if someone cancels at the very last minute, day of sailing, then yes you might be lucky and get an upgrade.

Be sure you check in FIRST, then go to the pier coordinator. It is my understanding that you must be checked in first.

Good luck. Have a wonderful cruise.

Annieeee

Archived