to Lucy or not?

abyss

When you become as old as DH and I and have to make multiple trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night and find there is absolutely no room to walk around the beds when they are placed together, you find you'll take less intimacy over making it to the bathroom faster.:D

Since the new beds were put in place, I have not seen the beds put into the L position at all. Does anyone know if it is even possible? Or are the new beds bigger?

You bet. My husband and I actually did it ourselves. Like I said, originally we told RCI to have beds together. once we saw them, we realized it wasn't going to work. So we asked them to be placed apart. on our other cruises, placed apart was always L shaped. So when we returned and they were side by side against the walls. We said...uh, uh. but didn't want to bother the poor steward that had just fixed them that way. So we did it ourselves. Took not but a minute.

Thanks for all your great comments and observations! My thought is floor space versus relationship. Again thanks!

We've always had our kids in our stateroom with us...so not much was going on anyway :). Plus, my husband is a firefighter who spends many nights away from home, so I've had to get used to sleeping without him 15 years now. On our next cruise, we finally have our own cabin and it is a bit bigger on the Navigator. So we'll keep the beds together. But for the older ships with cabins 119 sq ft or there bouts...more room isn't a want, its a need.

Archived