Transfer a Celebrity Booking to a TA

martyap

We booked a 2009 cruise directly with Celebrity at the opening price and paid the deposit. It has since gone up a few hundred $$$. I was told it was an easy process to transfer the booking to any TA. You keep your original stateroom, original price and it only requires a simple form faxed to Celebrity (and the form is on the Celebrity site)... The TA is offering a nice OBC. It happens to be a big box store TA, by the way. Am I missing anything???? Any downside???? My understanding is that it can be done anytime prior to making full payment............I'm sure you guys have the answer...................Marty

Yes, you can transfer the booking to a TA, as long as you have NOT made the final payment. I did this with my last cruise. It is quick and easy to do, as you mentioned, by faxing the form to your TA.

The only negative I can think of (and it probably doesn't affect most people) is that you lose control of your booking to some extent. You can access it on the X site, but to make any changes at all (dining, bed set up, etc.) it must be done by your TA. Additionally, you can't call X with questions or requests, as they must be done through your TA.

I hope this helps.

Everything works well if the TA is responsive to your requests and needs. They are ones that deal with the cruise line as your agent. Get a TA that does not want to be bothered or is not available when you are and sometimes problems happen. When I have used a TA, she was off most weekends. She went home at 5:00 and was often on the phone and took some time to return my calls. She offered good advice which was one of the key reasons for using her. Controlling your own booking means that that you can directly contact X anytime they are open, not just when the TA is available, make payments directly to X, do all of the pre-cruise scheduling, etc. Just prior to final payment, make the change and get the best of both worlds: an OBC or free insurance or something else. :D

Everything works well if the TA is responsive to your requests and needs. They are ones that deal with the cruise line as your agent. Get a TA that does not want to be bothered or is not available when you are and sometimes problems happen. When I have used a TA, she was off most weekends. She went home at 5:00 and was often on the phone and took some time to return my calls. She offered good advice which was one of the key reasons for using her. Controlling your own booking means that that you can directly contact X anytime they are open, not just when the TA is available, make payments directly to X, do all of the pre-cruise scheduling, etc. Just prior to final payment, make the change and get the best of both worlds: an OBC or free insurance or something else. :D

Celebrity is not offering me anything additional. The "big box" travel dept is offering a $375 OBC for the transfer.....seems like a good deal.....Marty

Celebrity is not offering me anything additional. The "big box" travel dept is offering a $375 OBC for the transfer.....seems like a good deal.....Marty

Hi martygap :)

There is a recent thread on this board titled "what is the usual amount OBC given by TA" which discusses various opinions on the topic of transferring a booking from Celebrity to a TA.

I think that thread might be helpful to you.

OK, we booked our Infinity cruise last summer online and wanted to transfer the booking to our travel agent, and Celebrity told us "NO" we couldn't transfer the booking. We booked it online because the cabin we wanted was available, it was a Sunday and Monday was a holiday so our travel agent's office wasn't going to be open, and we didn't want to lose that cabin. We weren't happy when they refused to transfer the booking to the TA. And, we booked before any final payment was due. So I don't understand why they'll transfer some bookings but not others. I know they transfer when you book on board, but why wouldn't they transfer when we booked online?

OK, we booked our Infinity cruise last summer online and wanted to transfer the booking to our travel agent, and Celebrity told us "NO" we couldn't transfer the booking. We booked it online because the cabin we wanted was available, it was a Sunday and Monday was a holiday so our travel agent's office wasn't going to be open, and we didn't want to lose that cabin. We weren't happy when they refused to transfer the booking to the TA. And, we booked before any final payment was due. So I don't understand why they'll transfer some bookings but not others. I know they transfer when you book on board, but why wouldn't they transfer when we booked online?

You shouldn't have had any problem transferring your booking to a Travel Agent.

I booked a cabin with Celebrity (online) last Sunday...and printed out the transfer form on Monday...and then transferred it to my Travel Agent.

Since I have always booked with Celebrity, I need some answers also.

I booked Mercury, March 2009 while on board with a OBC of a measly $100.00. Many TA are offering more OBC than that, so if I transfer my booking do I lose my $100.00 OBC. Can I keep the same stateroom, or do I lose that also?

The future cruise OBC is from Celebrity and yours to keep as long as the booking number for that reservation is kept. The TA OBC comes from the TA in addition to the one from X. Make the transfer, get the OBC and keep the cabin and X's OBC . Can't beat that.:D

Kitty9: If you have not made final payment on your cruise, go to the Celebriy web site and download the form to transfer, fill it in and fax or mail it to them. That simple. They won't do it be phone however. To find the form in the search box at Celebrity web page enter "transfer booking" A FAQ comes up , and when you click on that the answer gives you the form.

Since I have always booked with Celebrity, I need some answers also.

I booked Mercury, March 2009 while on board with a OBC of a measly $100.00. Many TA are offering more OBC than that, so if I transfer my booking do I lose my $100.00 OBC. Can I keep the same stateroom, or do I lose that also?

The $100.00 OBC you received, from making your reservations while onboard a ship, was based upon the cost of your future cruise. If you had booked a more expensive cabin...then your OBC would have more.

We also transfer our booking to our TA. She was busy having a baby when I wanted to book. :D

Kitty, maybe there was a misunderstanding. When they said no it was most likely to doing it over the phone. I think the FAX is a pain; I had to drag a phone cord half way across my house to plug the printer's fax machine into a land line.

I booked my last cruise while I was on the galaxy. Got the onboard credit and then transfered it to ta for an addtional obc. I didn't need to fax anything. He just took my number and that was it.

I like the obc's they can add up nicely!

You booked online directly with Celebrity, correct? You can transfer before fnal. That Celebrity TA was giving you BS. I would report them to Celebrity Managment (seriously). Call again and ask to have a transfer form e-mailed to you.

You booked online directly with Celebrity, correct? You can transfer before fnal. That Celebrity TA was giving you BS. I would report them to Celebrity Managment (seriously). Call again and ask to have a transfer form e-mailed to you.

Jade is right. I transfered mine 3 times. Booked on line, held a better room twice and all of them were taken by my TA.

Archived