How likely...

I've read that if the price of the room goes down, you can get a credit? OBC is fine with me!! How likely is it that it will go down? Is there a specific timeframe - like closer to sailing? And how do you get a credit? Calling RCCL direct? Also - do you check the price everyday through the website?

Thanks!

I've read that if the price of the room goes down, you can get a credit? OBC is fine with me!! How likely is it that it will go down? Is there a specific timeframe - like closer to sailing? And how do you get a credit? Calling RCCL direct? Also - do you check the price everyday through the website?

Thanks!

I'd be very interested in the answer to this question as well. The last cruiseI was on a couple weeks ago I just kept waiting and looking at the website everyday as the price went down. As the cruise got closer I kept doing the 24hr courtsy hold and if the price was lower the next day (which it usually was) i would cancel the hold and make a new one. I did this till the price leveled out about 2 weeks prior to sail and then booked. Is this the best way or can you just book and keep getting the price adjusted?

Regards,

Dave

You should check your reservation at least once a week. If the price goes down, or if there is a price break for state of residency or a senior rate, simply call RCI, if booked direct or call your travel agent. You will get the reduced rate. However, if this is a special, as the usual one day only Tuesday "sales event", you can't get a reduction as these specials are for new bookings only. I highly recommend booking your desired cruise, cabin and deck as early as you can. That way your rate can't go up, and if it does go down, you get the reduced rate. To check your prices, make a mock reservation for your sailing and cabin catagory. Your price will show after you input all information. Then just close it out after you see the price instead of continuing with booking. If your price goes down and you have paid in full, you may get either OBC or a credit back to your credit card. If you have not paid in full, then your balance will be reduced. I have been fortunate to have gotten a reduced rate on several cruises. However, most cruises go UP, not down!

If you are booked directly with RCI, you can call and get a price reduction. I believe they credit your CC or however you paid. Not sure if you can get it applied at OBC. Or upgrade to a nicer cabin. If you have a TA, you might not be able to do this. Some TA's charge a fee to change the reservation and sometimes won't even process the reduction at all as it cuts into their commission.

If you have not made final payment and you find a price reduction that is NOT for new bookings only, simply call RCCL and ask them to apply it. They will reduce the price and your final payment will be less.

If you booked through a TA, simply go to the TA and ask them to contact RCCL for the reduction. I am traveling on the Jewel of the Seas in June and my TA called Monday and told me she checks prices before making final payment, has seen a reduction for 55 and over and had called RCCL and had the reduction applied. We saved over $2,000!

To check, simply go to the cruise lines website and do a pretend booking to see if there have been any price drops.

I booked on Sov for 2 ppl/inside room around March 15 or so. I have checked prices almost daily from suggestions here. On Monday my price went down $20 for the cabin. I already paid in full on CC, and booked directly. I called RCCL and they credited my CC $20. Last night I checked again and it went down another $80 for the cabin. I called first thing this morning and they credited my CC for another $80. Each time I was on the phone with them less than 5 minutes. They told me it would actually take 48 hours to show up my my CC. I still have 4 weeks to go and you can bet I'll still be checking it each day! Good Luck!

Just a word of caution: Most cruises do not come down- depends when you are sailing. If looking to cruise during peak periods the price will only go higher.

After cruising 10 times only once did the price come down once. (and we book many many months before the date.

Thanks to this thread, I checked the website and turns out the price of my cruise went down AND I got a special residency rate! I called RC and got my credit, and it took less than 3 minutes. I got $160 back! Thanks for the advice, all!

Archived