Summit

Treacher1

I have only sailed on Zenith to Bermuda and Galaxy to western Caribbean. Please tell me how I will enjoy the Mil class. We are in a Concierge Cabin on Summit - is this worth it? Also, anyone sailing recently I would love to see some pics of ship both inside and out. How was the service - interested in recent opinions. Thanks so much for any information you can provide.

We are just off Summit having done the transatlantic immediately preceeding the dry dock. Service exceeded expectations - and I have high expectations. We had a problem with our cabin and everyone involved could not have been nicer or more professional. During day 3 of the voyage, my husband went to Guest Services to report that the people in the next cabin were such heavy smokers that we could smell it in our cabin with the balcony door shut and locked. My husband is asthmatic and this was causing a problem for him. They went above and beyond to help us by locating an available cabin in the same category, helping us move and then checking several times to make sure everything was all right.

Our dining room service was superb. We had a fabulous waiter, James G., and a great assistant waiter, Rosales. Our assistant maitre d', Goran, kept us in stitches every night. All anyone had to do was mention something they would like and it appeared the following night and every night thereafter until they asked for it to be stopped.

We were in a Sky Suite and had a butler. In the first cabin, the butler Rasti was wonderful (in addition to being easy on the eyes). The cabin steward, Asep, did a great job of keeping everything ship-shape. Although we rarely saw him, everything was done to perfection. In the second cabin, our butler Rikki was also wonderful. Both butlers were adept at anticipating needs and taking care of things before we even realized we wanted something. :cool: Josefino, the steward in the second cabin, was professional, cheerful and sooooo pleasant. He often checked with us to see if there was anything we needed or wanted.

In terms of the ship itself, Summit is a beautiful ship. Although she was scheduled to go into dry dock, nothing glaring was wrong. Yes, the chairs in our cabin needed replacing, but they were neither stained nor torn - just a little tired looking. Carpeting was in good shape throughout. I can't imagine that they're doing anything more than refreshing the interior of the ship during dry dock and taking care of some mechanical details that needed working on. Whatever those details are, they did not impact on our cruise in any way.

The shows were great. The Celebrity Singers and Dancers do an incredible job - and I don't normally like the big Las Vegas-type revues.

The food was wonderful. There were no glaring problems. In fact, we thought the menus were better than the last time we were on Infinity when the line was still associated with Michel Roux. Anything we didn't care for was quickly replaced with something else. Food is subjective; but when they are so willing to make substitutions to make you happy you can't complain.

I know there are others who may disagree with me, but I have given you our honest appraisal of our very recent cruise on Summit.

Happy travels!

We are just off Summit having done the transatlantic immediately preceeding the dry dock. Service exceeded expectations - and I have high expectations. We had a problem with our cabin and everyone involved could not have been nicer or more professional. During day 3 of the voyage, my husband went to Guest Services to report that the people in the next cabin were such heavy smokers that we could smell it in our cabin with the balcony door shut and locked. My husband is asthmatic and this was causing a problem for him. They went above and beyond to help us by locating an available cabin in the same category, helping us move and then checking several times to make sure everything was all right.

Our dining room service was superb. We had a fabulous waiter, James G., and a great assistant waiter, Rosales. Our assistant maitre d', Goran, kept us in stitches every night. All anyone had to do was mention something they would like and it appeared the following night and every night thereafter until they asked for it to be stopped.

We were in a Sky Suite and had a butler. In the first cabin, the butler Rasti was wonderful (in addition to being easy on the eyes). The cabin steward, Asep, did a great job of keeping everything ship-shape. Although we rarely saw him, everything was done to perfection. In the second cabin, our butler Rikki was also wonderful. Both butlers were adept at anticipating needs and taking care of things before we even realized we wanted something. :cool: Josefino, the steward in the second cabin, was professional, cheerful and sooooo pleasant. He often checked with us to see if there was anything we needed or wanted.

In terms of the ship itself, Summit is a beautiful ship. Although she was scheduled to go into dry dock, nothing glaring was wrong. Yes, the chairs in our cabin needed replacing, but they were neither stained nor torn - just a little tired looking. Carpeting was in good shape throughout. I can't imagine that they're doing anything more than refreshing the interior of the ship during dry dock and taking care of some mechanical details that needed working on. Whatever those details are, they did not impact on our cruise in any way.

The shows were great. The Celebrity Singers and Dancers do an incredible job - and I don't normally like the big Las Vegas-type revues.

The food was wonderful. There were no glaring problems. In fact, we thought the menus were better than the last time we were on Infinity when the line was still associated with Michel Roux. Anything we didn't care for was quickly replaced with something else. Food is subjective; but when they are so willing to make substitutions to make you happy you can't complain.

I know there are others who may disagree with me, but I have given you our honest appraisal of our very recent cruise on Summit.

Happy travels!

I completely agree with this. We had the same waiter and assistant waiter and they where amazing. Goran was rarely seen. I think he prefered to "hang around" groups of people rather than 2 on their own. This didn't bother us to be honest and I sometimes wonder what they are there for. We had a CC cabin and everytthing in there was above expectation. We had a particularly choppy day at sea on the day (and night) before docking in the Azores and when I went on the balcony in the morning after docking we had a nice layer of salt covering everything. By the time we had had a walk around the town this had been cleaned.

All in all the Summit is a wonderful ship with staff who really go out of their way to make sure your well earned salary has been spent wisely.

I have only sailed on Zenith to Bermuda and Galaxy to western Caribbean. Please tell me how I will enjoy the Mil class. We are in a Concierge Cabin on Summit - is this worth it? Also, anyone sailing recently I would love to see some pics of ship both inside and out. How was the service - interested in recent opinions. Thanks so much for any information you can provide.

We were also on the March 29 TA and the Summit was marvelous. We were in Concierge Class and it was worth the extra - although we got a very good deal. We were not able to use the balcony as much as we would have liked due to the weather (cold), but you probably won't have that problem. CC cabins and balconies on the Millennium class are bigger than the other non-suite cabins and balconies (191 vs. 170) and (41 vs 38). IMHO the extra size is the biggest difference, although there are other things that provide that extra touch - such as fresh flowers daily in both the cabin and bathroom, welcome champagne, daily fruit and canapes as well as your SeaCard is gold colored rather than white - a visual distinction recognized by all the staff who handle it - so they may treat you will a little more deference, which is always nice. Priority tendering is also a perk. For other CC details check the brochure or online.

We are booked in a CC cabin in July, on the Summit and I thought this was really something special. However, after looking at the deck plans, it seems like more than half of all the cabins are CC. Am I looking at that correctly?

Not that that will change my experience at all, but it does appear that X enjoys the bump in price.

Either way, I can't wait to sail on the Summit!

When we booked out first CC cabin it was just deck 9. A few years ago they added deck 8 and a few other locations. CC used to be special but now just the only way to get a larger cabin (other than a suite). OK, it is special a little but now our decision is the size of room, not the CC perks.

enjoy,

Duane

Size of the room is fine, except with all of the excursions we have planned, I will be lucky just to drop into bed at night and drag myself out the next morning to start all over again!

Perks like a nice breakfast in the stateroom will be greatly appreciated.:p

Archived