Ruby Princess...

daughterofsarah77

So my understanding is that this is a new ship...looks from what I can see that it hasn't actually sailed yet? A great many cruises I am looking at are on this ship...is it un-wise to book a new ship due to the lack of reviews specific to it?

Also, I am probably the only one wondering this (I do have anxiety problems!), but is it safe? I'm assumming these ships pass rigorous safety inspections prior to sailing with people on them...but just wondering!!! Thanks!

yes, she is a new ship, but she is also the sistership of both the Crown Princess and the Emerald Princess, so you can rest assured that the design and build is safe.

We just spent 20 days aboard the Emerald, and since the Ruby will be identical, I am sure that you will have a great time.

So my understanding is that this is a new ship...looks from what I can see that it hasn't actually sailed yet? A great many cruises I am looking at are on this ship...is it un-wise to book a new ship due to the lack of reviews specific to it?

Also, I am probably the only one wondering this (I do have anxiety problems!), but is it safe? I'm assumming these ships pass rigorous safety inspections prior to sailing with people on them...but just wondering!!! Thanks!

Inaugural sailing would be 11/08/08. :)

I would LOVE to go on a new ship and would not hesitate to book a cruise on one due to lack of reviews!

Hoping someday my vacation time and the ship's itinerary work out on a new one!

We are actually planning our next vacation (after our March 09 trip that is) around the initial sailing of the Genesis class ship. I don't know that we will be on the inagural sailing but I want to be on it within a few months.

Perfectly safe booking a new ship, especially when it is the same design as others already sailing.

The only time we weren't comfortable on a new ship was when the Grand Princess (first of it's kind) came out. Not that we felt unsafe with the ship itself, but since the design was brand new, even the staff couldn't find their way around the ship. ;) So, we were constantly lost. LOL

Book the Ruby, I am sure you will be very glad you did.

We are booked on the Ruby for the 11/29 sailing and can't wait. We are so very excited to sail on such a new ship. And to be honest we never gave it a thought not to book because she was new. In fact we booked it because she was new and the intinary.

Archived