********motion Sickness********

Skyev21

I'M SAILING THIS WEEKEND'S CARNIVAL TRIUMPH & HAVE A BOW CABIN (DIRECTLY FACING FORWARD, RM 1003) AND WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE MOTION OR ROCKING. BECAUSE WE'RE ON THE 10TH DECK & VERY FORWARD OF SHIP & AM WORRIED ABOUT FEELING DIZZY! I JUST GET VERY DIZZY (NOT NAUSEOUS, THANK GOD)! BOUGHT SOME DRAMAMINE, JUST IN CASE. ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

BON VOYAGE!:)

(fyi - forums posts in all CAPS denotes SCREAMING!)

We use ginger pills (one twice a day) and never had any feeling of sickness and the ginger didnt have any side effects. I would recommend those and if they arent enough then move to medicine if the ginger isnt enough.

I'M SAILING THIS WEEKEND'S CARNIVAL TRIUMPH & HAVE A BOW CABIN (DIRECTLY FACING FORWARD, RM 1003) AND WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE MOTION OR ROCKING. BECAUSE WE'RE ON THE 10TH DECK & VERY FORWARD OF SHIP & AM WORRIED ABOUT FEELING DIZZY! I JUST GET VERY DIZZY (NOT NAUSEOUS, THANK GOD)! BOUGHT SOME DRAMAMINE, JUST IN CASE. ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

BON VOYAGE!:)

Most motion sickness or dizzyness can be relieved by keeping your eye on the horizon or the land or seascape around you.

Best of luck

Most motion sickness or dizzyness can be relieved by keeping your eye on the horizon or the land or seascape around you.

Best of luck

Which might be fine if you were outdoors the whole time.:D I take ginger and Meczline (less drowsy dramamine or bonine) and they work great with no side effects. I wouldnt' take regular dramamine as it makes most people sleepy and alcohol makes it worse.

I took generic meclazine on our cruise... started the day before we left and stopped taking on day 3 of 4... made me feel kind of spacey... but maybe that was all the food... lol... as other threads have noted, it's a good idea to take it before you need it... by then it's a little late... I'm going to try the ginger tabs next time!

Which might be fine if you were outdoors the whole time.:D I take ginger and Meczline (less drowsy dramamine or bonine) and they work great with no side effects. I wouldnt' take regular dramamine as it makes most people sleepy and alcohol makes it worse.

I think I bought Bonine? It's what the Pharmacist recommended because it's less drowsy than Dramamine.

Should I take it before departing or wait to see how I'm affected? LAst cruise (3/28/08), a few hrs after departing I started feeling really dizzy! I hated it! & At formal dinner it got worse & pretty much never went away after that! & that was a mid-cabin!

This time we're facing the front, extreme bow, 10th deck up! Ahhhhhhh!

I think I bought Bonine? It's what the Pharmacist recommended because it's less drowsy than Dramamine.

Should I take it before departing or wait to see how I'm affected? LAst cruise (3/28/08), a few hrs after departing I started feeling really dizzy! I hated it! & At formal dinner it got worse & pretty much never went away after that! & that was a mid-cabin!

This time we're facing the front, extreme bow, 10th deck up! Ahhhhhhh!

If you wait to take until after you are feeling funny, it will be less effective, and it may not work at all. Take it before you get on the ship. Read the directions on the bottle, it will explain the proper way to take it. It will also give side effects and warnings against taking it with certain medications and/or alcohol. Your pharmacist would also be a good source. He may be able to print out some info. for you.

If you wait to take until after you are feeling funny, it will be less effective, and it may not work at all. Take it before you get on the ship. Read the directions on the bottle, it will explain the proper way to take it. It will also give side effects and warnings against taking it with certain medications and/or alcohol. Your pharmacist would also be a good source. He may be able to print out some info. for you.

Great advise. I will take it prior to departing! Thanks alot.

Bonine and Sea-Bands. Sea-Bands are stretchy wrist bands with a bead on the inside that keeps pressure on a certain spot on your wrist to control nausea, etc. Pick them up at the drug store or Walmart for less than $10.00 a pair.

Maybe it’s all psychological because I want this stuff to work, but IT WORKS! We’ve used a combination of the two on fishing charter boats in some pretty rough seas. Our grown son used the bands alone on a 4 day fishing trip down into Baja – said they worked great even with all the beer he drank!

Bonine and Sea-Bands going with us on our first cruise.

3Chihuahuas

I had some intense rocking sensation for quite sometime after rough weather during our last cruise. I plan to start the non-drowsy dramamine before leaving...I work with an ear, nose and throat surgeon and this works well for ear imbalance which is what motion sickness really is.

Have a great time and good luck with your symptoms.

Bonine and Sea-Bands. Sea-Bands are stretchy wrist bands with a bead on the inside that keeps pressure on a certain spot on your wrist to control nausea, etc. Pick them up at the drug store or Walmart for less than $10.00 a pair.

Maybe it’s all psychological because I want this stuff to work, but IT WORKS! We’ve used a combination of the two on fishing charter boats in some pretty rough seas. Our grown son used the bands alone on a 4 day fishing trip down into Baja – said they worked great even with all the beer he drank!

Bonine and Sea-Bands going with us on our first cruise.

3Chihuahuas

Thanks! I'll definitely pick it up tomorrow!

Meclizine (generic for Bonine) is available for free from the purser's desk and also in "help yourself" bins outside the infirmary on deck 0. ASA (aspirin) and acetaminophen are also available for free from the same places.

all 5 of us used sea bands on our 2 cruises. no problems whatsoever. the 1st cruise had pretty calm water, but the 2nd had a day of pretty good swells - enough that there were barf bags placed all over the ship. i've got a couple sets on order from walmart to replace the ones the kids lost.

all 5 of us used sea bands on our 2 cruises. no problems whatsoever. the 1st cruise had pretty calm water, but the 2nd had a day of pretty good swells - enough that there were barf bags placed all over the ship. i've got a couple sets on order from walmart to replace the ones the kids lost.

I've never heard of these bracelets but have already added it to my list of items to buy tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

My dh always uses the patch. However this summer when we cruise I am going to see if he will try the wrist band instead. He is always so tired with the patch. I swear he sleeps alot when we are at sea.LOL I will also bring a bottle of ginger along. From what alot of people say on here it sounds like it works really good.

Dramamine made me very sleepy,,,you wont be able to help but to go to sleep :rolleyes:

Oh no! That's not good. I'm going to pick up some Sea-bracelets & hope that will work.

I started taking meds this week so I need to consult the Pharmacist about the side affects, etc.

Gonna have to 'tough it out' til I finish my prescription. & Hope the bracelet works for dizziness only (not nausea)!

I returned from the Valor two weeks ago and I had to end up taking dramamine to combat my sea sickness. I didn't get to the point of throwing up; however, I was fairly nauseated several times. I took the non-drowsy dramamine and I wasn't sleepy at all. I even had a few drinks and it did not make me sleepy; but, I think that may depend on the person overall. Start taking the pills now so that they can get into your system. I didn't start taking them until the 2nd day and they didn't really help me until day 4 or so. Have FUN!

I returned from the Valor two weeks ago and I had to end up taking dramamine to combat my sea sickness. I didn't get to the point of throwing up; however, I was fairly nauseated several times. I took the non-drowsy dramamine and I wasn't sleepy at all. I even had a few drinks and it did not make me sleepy; but, I think that may depend on the person overall. Start taking the pills now so that they can get into your system. I didn't start taking them until the 2nd day and they didn't really help me until day 4 or so. Have FUN!

Wow! ok I'll start taking them tomorrow. Bonine.

Archived