Freedom Galley Tour (Pictures)

Wennfred

We just did the galley tour on the Miracle two weeks ago. (we are not platinum) It was pretty cool to see everything. Anyone could do it, and there were a LOT of people. We met in one of the lounges and all went from there. Great pictures!

Yep, that's the way it used to be on all the ships.

but do you know if the Platinum tour is offered on the Valor too?

When we sailed on Valor back in 05, their Galley tours were still open to the public on the last sea day, Im sure that today they will all start to go to Platinum members only.

Fred

The galley tour was not offered the week we sailed on the Glory (June, 2006), but it was offered on the Legend (July, 2007). The Legend also hosted a backstage tour which was lots of fun, too. Unfortunately, we're nowhere near Platinum status and will have to miss out on the Destiny's galley tour this July if that's the new policy.

• 5 weeks later...
For those just resently off, are they still having the Galley tour?

Fred

Just got off the Legend a week ago...

The Galley tour was listed in the capers on the last sea day. We also went to the backstage tour!

Just got off the Legend a week ago...

The Galley tour was listed in the capers on the last sea day. We also went to the backstage tour!

I have to say the backstage tour was neat. I wish more ships would offer it. (Was also on the Legend)

• 2 months later...

Sooooo, I think I need to make friends with any Platinum cruisers going on my trip next March! :D I'm a foodie and love to go on food/cooking tours.

Fred, do you have a link to or pics of your cabin from the Freedom? I know I've looked at alot of your videos on You Tube but I don't remember there being a balcony cabin video. If I'm not mistaken from reading your posts, I believe you're one of the balcony junkies, right?

I've seen one CC member's Freedom pics but would love to see more.

Fred, as usual, you got some excellent pictures of the galley tour. I am looking forward to the tour on the Conquest now that we are platinum. Have done the tours on the Elation and Celebration. You have given me some great ideas. I always look forward to seeing your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

When we sailed on Valor back in 05, their Galley tours were still open to the public on the last sea day, Im sure that today they will all start to go to Platinum members only.

Fred

I'm guessing Platinum status confers immunity to the NoroVirus as well. Now that's a real perk :rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaken from reading your posts' date=' I believe you're one of the balcony junkies, right?

I've seen one CC member's Freedom pics but would love to see more.[/quote']

No sorry, on the Conquest class, we usually book the Cat. 1a cabin with the 2 large windows, these cabins are now Cat. 6B :(

Haven't had a Balcony cabin since we got upgraded way back onboard Spirit, it was a Cat. 9a cabin number 7301.

Fred

All you have to do on Splendor was show up. Didn't ask, don't tell (if you were not Platinum)

First time I noticed the menus posted, so the servers would know what would be served the next night, the next, and so on.

IMG_6015.JPG

IMG_6018.JPG

IMG_6021.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

IMG_6029.JPG

• 7 months later...

Archived