Please post your planned or completed itinerary

judyf

judyf:

How funny! I used this with much success last year for our first cruise to Alaska....and now.....I get to use it ONCE AGAIN for our upcoming RETURN trip May 22, 2009! Thanks for getting it started!

JUNEAU, MAY 24TH HARV & MARV

SITKA, MAY 26TH WILDLIFE/PUFFINS WITH DAVEY

KETCHICAN, MAY 27TH DUCK TOUR (don't laugh, I really think that would be fun!)...

That's it so far....

I hope to go with Harv and Marv this May. You will LOVE Capt. Davey! Sitka is a really neat town, and I wish we had more time there. We also did the Duck Tour in Ketchikan, and it was fun!

Great thread, thanks to whoever bumped this one up, as I had not seen this one before.

We are traveling with a 3-generation group of 9, so not everyone will be doing the same things. I'll post pack when we have more booked but so far:

6/19 Seward - Kenai Fjords 6 hr tour, not booked yet probably with Renown

6/21 Juneau - whale watching with Orca Enterprises

6/22 Skagway - 9 hr Carcross rail/bus tour with Chilkoot Charters

Great thread. I enjoyed reading everyone's intineries

7/2 Arrive Vancouver - Explore Gastown, Stanley Park, Granville Island,

7/3 Board RCCL Radiance

7/4 Inside Passage

7/5 Ketchikan -zipline, Creek St, Totem Saxman Native Village

7/6 Juneau -helicopter/dog sled with Coastal, Mendenhall Glacier, & Mt Robert Tram

7/7 Skagway - train ride up to Fraser, van back (deciding b/t Dyea Dave &

Chilkoot tours) & gold panning

7/8 ISP -maybe whale watching with Glacier Wind Charters

7/9 Hubbard Glacier

7/10 Arrive Seward -trying to decide Kenai Fjords Boat tour or Exit Glacier & Alaska Sealife Center, 6 pm trainride to Anchorage

7/11 Explore Anchorage, drive to Denali National Park, making stops

7/12 7:30 am shuttle bus tour

7/13 Fly home from Fairbanks

:) Love this thread! :)

We will be traveling on the Sapphire Princess going Southbound this June for our anniversary and husband's birthday. This will be our first trip to Alaska and first on Princess! We can't wait!

June 5th - Arrive late into Anchorage at 9:45 PM day prior to our cruise. Staying 1 night at the Westmark Anchorage Hotel (next door to the Egan Center where our cruise transfer departs from the next day).

June 6th - Awake ealy, have breakfast, and explore downtown Anchorage until 10 AM. Catch bus cruise transfer through Princess Cruises departing from the Egan Center.

Arrive in Whittier, check luggage in at the ship with a porter, then take a Prince William Sound boat tour with Major Marine Tours at 1 PM until 5:30 PM. Check in and board ship after, cruiseship departs at 9:30 PM. Explore the ship the rest of the night.

June 7th - College Fjord viewing on ship in the early hours. Will have breakfast in bed or on our balcony this day. Afterward, will enjoy our day at sea, enjoying HUBBY'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!

June 8th - Glacier Bay viewing all day. Will enjoy the ship and breathtaking scenary.

June 9th - SKAGWAY - WHITE PASS / YUKON RAILWAY, WITH STOP AT EMERALD LAKE, AND DOG SLED MUSHING AT THE END OF OUR TOUR. DOING THROUGH CHILKOOT CHARTERS.

June 10th - JUNEAU - WHALE WATCHING & WILDLIFE VIEWING WITH A STOP AT MENDENHALL GLACIER WITH HARV & MARV. WILL BE LEFT AT MENDENHALL TO EXPLORE ON OUR OWN AFTER OUR TOUR. WILL TAKE SHUTTLE BACK TO THE SHIP. Once back at ship, will have a wonderful evening planned with husband enjoying our 6TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY THIS DAY!!!

June 11th - KETCHIKAN - Will start our day with shopping on the famous Creek Street and then seafood lunch somewhere. Then in the late afternoon, will TOUR MISTY FJORDS BY FLOAT PLANE. DOING WITH ISLAND WINGS.

June 12th - At Sea (zzzzz ;)). Will visit the ship spa for a massage this day.

June 13th - VANCOUVER, BC - Renting a car with National Car Rental at the pier. Will drive to Seattle for our post cruise 2 night stay. In Seattle, staying at the Grand Hyatt in downtown Seattle. Will have dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse in the hotel, and explore the area late night.

June 14th - Will visit Pike's Place Market, the Seattle Space Needle, and Pioneer Square.

June 15th - Will sleep in, and fly home from Seattle in the late afternoon.

*Thought it would be fun to do a "vow renewal" through Princess on one of our formal nights this cruise with the Captain. This is the only thing left to be planned for our trip. But other than that, we're set!

Edited by Travel_Jen

Great thread. I enjoyed reading everyone's intineries

7/2 Arrive Vancouver - Explore Gastown, Stanley Park, Granville Island,

7/3 Board RCCL Radiance

7/4 Inside Passage

7/5 Ketchikan -zipline, Creek St, Totem Saxman Native Village

7/6 Juneau -helicopter/dog sled with Coastal, Mendenhall Glacier, & Mt Robert Tram

7/7 Skagway - train ride up to Fraser, van back (deciding b/t Dyea Dave &

Chilkoot tours) & gold panning

7/8 ISP -maybe whale watching with Glacier Wind Charters

7/9 Hubbard Glacier

7/10 Arrive Seward -trying to decide Kenai Fjords Boat tour or Exit Glacier & Alaska Sealife Center, 6 pm trainride to Anchorage

7/11 Explore Anchorage, drive to Denali National Park, making stops

7/12 7:30 am shuttle bus tour

7/13 Fly home from Fairbanks

Hi, I see you are on the same cruise we are booked on. We have a small group discussion, kind of quiet now, but would love for you to come on over and join our group.

July 3rd Radiance North Bound Roll Call

We haven't yet decided on our excursions yet, but will be renting an RV from Anchorage and will be touring around for about 5 days.

We are looking at Zipline in Ketchikan, we are renting a car in Skagway, and possibly a bear excursion in ISP. We also want to go back to Taku Lodge from Juneau, but got to look at the budget first.

Scott

Here are our plans. We've booked all lodging, transportation other than the ferry to Vancouver Island, and all excursions except the Nenana River raft trip - can't decide who to go with. I still need to come up with some options for dinners and things to do when not on excursions in the ports. We are not making any specific plans for Victoria as my Dh's Uncle lives there and is making plans for us. We are a family of 4 - Myself 46, DH 43, DS 14 and DD 11. We are going on the Carnival Spirit. The cruise was booked a year ago yesterday and I have been researching this for a year and a half.

7/10 – Fly Toronto to Anchorage, stay at Homewood Suites, pick up rental at Avis downtown, dinner?

7/11- Stop at Walmart for supplies, drive Anchorage to Healy, check into Aspen Haus B&B, dinner?

7/12 – 5:30 am Denali Park Shuttle to Wonder Lake (weather permitting), stay at Aspen Haus B&B, dinner?

7/13- Scenic Nenana Gorge raft trip, drive to Talkeetna, stay at Denali Fireside Cabins & Suites, dinner?

7/14 – DH & DS Fly fishing with Just Fly Fish @ 5:30 am, DD and I will sleep in and go to Roadhouse for breakfast, drive back to Anchorage, turn in van at Avis, stay at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, dinner?

7/15 – Train from Anchorage to Whittier, PWS Glacier Adventure Cruise 1:30 - 5:30, board Carnival Spirit & check into our Cat 11 suite (might as well do this right!)

7/16 – Cruising Prince William Sound

7/17 – Sitka –maybe Alaska Raptor Center in am, 4 hr tour with Captain Davey 1:45 - 5:45 pm

7/18 – Juneau – 9am Whale Watch with Orca Enterprises, drop off and pick up at Mendenhall Glacier, late lunch at Tracy’s King Crab Shack, Mt. Robert’s tram (weather permitting) – not sure what else as we are in port until 11pm

7/19 – Skagway – Chilkoot Charters Train/Bus to Yukon 7:30 – 2:30

7/20- Cruising Lynn Canal, Ketchikan –maybe Lumberjack Show, explore town, Island Wings Misty Fjords 4–6pm

7/21- Cruising Inside Passage

7/22- Vancouver – disembark and pick up Avis rental car, drive to Stanley Park, Vancouver Aquarium, stay at Holiday Inn and Suites North Vancouver

7/23- Capillano Suspension Bridge in am, Ferry to Vancouver Island, stay at Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, meet up with family – leave planning to them

7/24 – Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour – again – planning is in the hands of Uncle Bob & Aunt Barb

7/25 – return rental car in Victoria, stay at Uncle Bob & Aunt Barb’s place,

7/26- Fly Victoria to Toronto

Like others, I have been planning our trip since last April. This is a girl’s only trip for my mom, my best friend, and me. We are very excited, and are constantly discussing our plans and clothes for the trip.

8/18 – Fly Houston to Anchorage, pickup Avis rental car at airport, Wal-Mart for supplies, Anchorage Holiday Inn Express.

8/19 – Turnagain Arms, Alyeska Tramway, Wildlife Conservation Center, Portage Glacier, Seward Highway, Seward Holiday Inn Express.

8/20 – Seward - Northwestern Fjord Cruise with Kenai Fjord Tours, Holiday Inn Express.

8/21 – Seward - Alaska Sealife Center, Lowell Point, shopping, Exit Glacier, Bear Lake, Holiday Inn Express.

8/22 – Whittier - return rental car, Wilderness Explorer Glacier Cruise with Prince William Sound Glacier Cruises, board Diamond Princess.

8/23 – Cruising College Fjord

8/24 – Cruising Glacier Bay National Park

8/25 – Skagway - 7 hr rail/bus tour with Chilkoot Charters, walking tour and shopping.

8/26 – Juneau – Whale watching with Harv and Marv, drop off at Gold Creek Salmon Bake, shuttle back to ship and Mt Roberts Tramway, if weather & time permitting.

8/27 – Ketchikan – Wilderness Explorer & Crab Feast, walking tour and shopping.

8/28 – Cruising Inside Passage

8/29 – Vancouver – Hop on hop off trolley, Granville Island, Stanley Park, aquarium, Holiday Inn Downtown.

8/30 – Fly Vancouver to Houston

8/31 – Take Monday off to recuperate from trip.

Jamie

WOW, Great message board with lots of good info.

While I will be taking IP cruise with family in future, currently planning guys marine highway trip last week in July. Second week is based in Coffman Cove, POW to primarily fish in and offshore. Need suggestions on first week itinary. Looking for insight on using Ak MHwy and feasibility of traveling from Skagway to Ketchikan before heading over to Hollis in POW. Considering Haines, Gustavus/Glacier Bay, Junea, Sitka and possibly Petersberg and Wrangel before ending in Ketchican. Is it feasible to do something like this in 8 days per the Marine Hwy, or would 3 locations such as GB, Sitka and Ketchican be more reasonable. Looking to Kayak, Whale/Bear/Glacier watch (boat/flight tour), hike, and take in acquarium, canary, raptor park and possibly ATVing. While I know each city has unique offerings, seems like I could achieve my goals and enjoy them with efficient planning. Something like flying into Gustavus? to kayak in GB, skip Skagway and Haines, take a boat tour for whales and flight tour to Misty Fjords out of Junea, hike/tide pool and acquarium in Sitka, and hike/canary tour in Ketchican. Suggestions on what to see/not miss, if/how this could be done are greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Judyf,

Thanks for bring this thread back up! I posted here last year for our trip to Alaska and I really enjoyed seeing everyone's plans. I did follow my plans last year adding a few extra excursions.

Well, we are going back this year for the third straight year! Yesterday we booked the Coral Princess for May 25 out of Whittier. Haven't got all the excursions planned but I'll post them in a few days.

Right now I'm looking at Orca Enterprises in Juneau. We added them last year and had a great time. At certain times we didn't know whether to look up at the eagles (I mean lots of eagles!) or watch the whales. It was so amazing!

When in Skagway we want to do the train excursion but haven't made the final decisions on which one.

In Ketchikan I would like to go to Misty Fjords again. DH isn't sure if he wants to do this or something different.

Hope everyone enjoys their plans!

Aug 21st - Rotorua-Auckland-Los Angeles-Vancouver

O/N Quality Inn Airport, okay for one night, free airport shuttle

Aug 22nd -10am Taxi to Canada place, board Hal Veendam, set sail at

5pm, pleasant 19C.

Aug 23rd - At sea, raining, a little choppy, S/SE winds. Spent the day

exploring the ship.

Aug 24th - Ketchikan, rain, 11C,

Aug 25th - Haines, rain, 10C, pleasant day.

Set sail for Juneau at 10pm.

Aug 26th - Arose at 7am, we were docked in Sitka, overcast, cool &

light rain

Aug 27th - Rough seas during the night but slept well and awoke to

hear the captain saying we were in Sitka. Pleasant day, 11C,

Aug 28th - Yakutat Bay/Hubbard glacier, strong tide and icy

winds blowing off glacier.

Aug 29th - Seward and we disembark at 9am, picked up

at midday by Alaskan Leopard comedy tours for trip to

Anchorage, dropped at Hertz to pick vehicle up and

drive to A/Leopard B&B - very good, room and brekkie.

Stunning sunset after a beautiful blue sky day.

Aug 30th - Anchorage - Talkeetna via Alaska State fair, check in

to Talkeetna Chalet B&B (no longer open we were the

last guests) shame. Great weather again.

Aug 31st - Talkeetna - Healy via Denali Visitor centre to pick up

our tickets for Wonder lake trip next day. Checked in

to 'Touch of Wilderness' B&B for two nights, very

enjoyable stay, good room, breakfast & packed lunch

for our day trip into park. Another sunny day.

Sept 1st - Wonder lake bus trip, weather looking good again,

Return to B&B after getting dinner along the way.

Sept 2nd - Denali -Fairbanks -Delta Junction-Glenallen

O/N at Caribou Inn - mediocre and Caribou Cafe for

dinner - digusting, ran out of most things, terrible

service.

Sept 3rd - Glenallen - Valdez, a scenic drive in the rain, stayed

at Brookside Inn B&B, great hosts, lovely rooms and

enjoyable breakfast.

Sept 4th - Valdez - Palmer, stayed at Rivercrest manor, very

large bedroom, en-suite and good breakfast.

Sept 5th - Palmer to Soldotna, stayed at Kenai River Hideaway

B&B for three nights, self contained unit in part of the

main house, furniture a little dated but very clean &

hosts, Pat & Pat, very obliging and cooked us the most

amazing breakfasts each morning and joined us to eat.

Had dinner at Bucket, great halibut and chips.

Sept 6th - Drove to Homer via Ninilchick, Anchor river, weather

miserable by the time we got to Homer, visited harbour

headed back to B&B.

Sept 7th - Host Pat and his son, Kevin, took us salmon fishing on the

Swanson river up the Kenai spur, we had no luck but kevin

got two fish.

Sept 8th - Soldotna - Anchorage, hand in car and stay at

Days Inn for one night, walking distance from Hertz

car depot in city, free shuttle to airport.

Sept 9th - Anchorage - Cordova by plane for 4 day guided fishing

trip. Check in to Orca Adventure lodge.

Sept 10th- Torrential rain overnight, fishing all day.

Sept 11th- Flew into Hook point to fish for the day, lady pilot came

later in day to pick us up again. Not raining.

Sept 12th- Fished until lunchtime and then went back and packed our

bags, back to Anchorage on an 8.30pm flight. O/N at

Days Inn.

Sept 13th - Anchorage - Vancouver via Seattle, O/N at Barclay Hotel

Sept 14th - Stanley park, then off to airport for flight home.

Sept 16th - Arrive home after a superb trip

See my photos:-

http://picasaweb.google.com/Ladyflyfishernz/ALASKAAugSept2008?authkey=fALujlDjDdg#

I'm still working on the details, but I've got a few ideas. I'm doing a b2b on HAL's Veendam May 17-31, Vancouver-Seward and return. I do Juneau and Ketchikan twice, which is great, because there's so much I want to do in both towns. I'm doing a combination of ship's tours, independent excursions, and exploration on my own. This is my third cruise to the Great Land, and I'm trying not to spend too much money. My itinerary includes two visits to Glacier Bay (love that park), and two visits to College Fjord (first time there for me). I've got my handy dandy Nikon Monarch 8x42 binoculars, and intend to spend a lot of time on deck looking for wildlife and enjoying the spectacular scenery.

Juneau - both times I'm doing a whale watch with Harv 'n Marv (this is my main splurge). I want to visit the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center, and the Alaska State Museum. Also want to explore the town on foot. There's some good shopping here.

Ketchikan - Some major splurges here: The Misty Fjords cruise with Allen Marine. I'm also researching a boat charter or a tour with Lois Munch of Classic Tours (we'll see. I might have to restrict my budget). Definitely a visit the Southeast Alaska Discovery Center, as well as some independent hiking around town. The Amphibious Duck Tour looks like a lot of fun.

Skagway - Start with the National Park Service Visitor Center, and take a guided tour of town with one of the park rangers. Attend the Days of '98 Show. Going to do some of the easy hikes around town, with a map from the Visitors' Bureau Center. Might check out Dyea Dave's shuttle tour around town.

Haines - researching doing a hike to the Chilkat Valley with Alaska Nature Tours, or doing a guided hike through the ship. Walking the town on my own. It looks like a great and quirkly little place to explore!

Seward - Shuttle to Exit Glacier via Exit Glaciers Guides to take a guided walk there with the park rangers. Visit the Alaska Sealife Center in town.

Intend to do plenty of shopping along the way!!:)

I'm using Frommer's Alaska 2009 by Charles Wohlforth, and Alaska by Cruise Ship, sixth edition, by Anne Vipond as my primary resources. And of course, Cruise Critic!

Edited by middle-aged mom

Hi!

We are sailing May 27th on Carnival Spirit. We will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. Our cabin is the aft wrap on deck 4. I am so excited to be able to have this cabin and balcony for an Alaskan cruise after everything I have read on these boards.

We finally have got the flights booked. Ended up getting a one way to Vancouver the day before the cruise a couple of weeks ago. Got the one way return from Anchorage June 10th. this week. We have some friends joining us on the cruise only and my sister and her husband joining us in Anchorage to spend the week in the Anchorage, Seward and Homer area.

Our itinerary is:

May 26, 2009: Lodging, Blue Horizon (unless a really good deal comes up before then.)

Visit Stanley Park , Granville Island and China Town.

Need to find a liquor store to purchase wine to take on board.

May 27, 2009: Board the Carnival Spirit!

May 28, 2009: Sea day

May 29, 2009: Ketchikan

Guys will be going on a 6 hour combo fishing charter with True Alaskan Charters

Gals will be going on Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer

Time permitting we would like to:

Ketchikan- Do a walkingtour, pick up a map at the visitor center, and stop in at the Alaska Discovery Center, and Totem Heritage Museum. A routing I recommend is to go down Mission, to the Fox Lodge funicular, take that up and go out the back, beautiful totems in the entry. Walk back down the Married Man's Trail, turn right on Park. If salmon running, take a look at the ladder. IF not turn right to the Totem Heritage Museum and Hatchery- if of interest get a combo ticket. Continue through the city park and down Deermont. Gets you a nice look at residential life. Go to end, turn right. Walk back to Creek St. consider a tour of Dolly's House- keep an eye on the shower curtain (THIS WAS COPIED FROM ANOTHER POST)

May 30, 2009: Juneau

Rental Car: “Rentawreck” (888)-843-4111 Around $65.00

We would like to visit;

Mount Roberts Tramway (if a clear day), Mendenhall Glacier, Shrine of Saint Therese

Tracy's King Crab Shack and Red Dog Saloon

May 31, 2009: Skagway

Rental car: Avis 907-983-2247 Around $112.00, Shuttle to office about $1.00 each.

We plan on driving the South Klondike Hwy. to Carcross and Emerald Lake using Murrays guide

If time when we return the car downtown check out some of the stores and visit the RED ONION SALOON

June 1, 2009: Sitka

Comprehensive Cultural Tour Sitka Tribal Enterprises.

4X4 wilderness Adventure which has to be booked through Carnival and when I last checked Sitka excursions were not available to prebook.

June 2, 2009: Sea day

June 3, 2009: Arrive Whittier

After disembarking we will be taking the Alaskan Leopard Tours for our transfer to Anchorage for about $65.00/person;

We will spend 2 nights in Anchorage visiting Alaska Native Heritage Center Museum on June 3rd after getting a rental car from the airport. Currently Alamo is the least expensive for the week, $429.00 for full size.

June 4, 2009: We are going to take a day trip drive to Talkeetna and hopefully get a chance to see Mt. McKinley.

June 5, 2009: Drive to Whittier and go on the Major Marine Tours Prince William Sound Glacier Cruise

Drive on to Seward, spend 2 nights.

June 6, 2009:6 Hour Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise with RenownTours

June 7, 2009: Drive to Soldotna area,spend 2 nights visiting Kenai and Homer.

To

June 8, 2009

June 9, 2009: Drive back to Anchorage Flight leaves at 1 am June 10, 2009.

I still need to get lodging for the land portion of our trip. Leaning towards Bed and Breakfasts. There has been so much research to planning this trip, it has been pretty overwhelming but also part of the fun of going on this trip. I am so grateful for all the information that I found here on the boards in help planning this once in a lifetime trip.

If any one has any recommendations on lodging in the above areas, that have visited before, I would welcome any suggestions. Thanks!

May 28th- Arrive anchorage- staying at Clarion hotel downtown

May 29th- Early morning van pick up by Girdwood shuttle from Anchorage to cruise ship in Seward- 11:30 National park cruise with Reknown until 5;30 pm then board Radiance

May 30th- Hubbard glacier

May 31st-Juneau- Looking at photo safari by land and sea tour?

June 1st-Skagway- walk to cemetary and hike to waterfall. ( may do another short hike around town) Have done train to white pass on previous AK trip....

June 2- Icy straight point- get off ship for short time and walk trail to beach

June 3-Ketchikan- Misty Fiords float plane with Island Wings- 2-4pm

June 4- cruise inside passage

June 5- Vancouver- depart cruise ship- taxi to Canada place and check bags for the day. ? Hoho bus around Vancouver

Depart Vancouver for Seattle on 6pm Amtrak train- Hotel in Seattle

June6th- Explore Seattle- Flight home that night

Alaska Cruise / Tour Itinerary

Tuesday, May 26th

NWA Flight 1650

9:05pm MSP to YVR 10:50pm

The Westin Bayshore Vancouver

1601, Bayshore Drive

Vancouver, BC V6G 2V4

604-682-3377

Wednesday, May 27th

Breakfast with friends who live in Vancouver

Board ship: Carnival Spirit

Canada Place/ Vancouver, BC

Thursday, May 28th

Cruising the Inside Passage

Friday, May 29th / Ketchican, Alaska

Aluetian Ballad Crab Fishing Excursion

Saturday, May 30th / Juneau, Alaska

TBA

Sunday, May 31st / Skagway, Alaska

TBA

Monday, June 1ST / Sitka, Alaska

TBA

Tuesday, June 2nd

Cruising Prince William Sound

Cruising College Fjord

Wednesday, June 3rd / Whittier, Alaska

Debark ship in Whittier, Alaska

Shuttle to Anchorage / Girdwood, AK

Alyeska Resort, Girdwood AK

Dinner @ the Double Musky (not to be missed)

Thursday, June 4th

8:15am - 3:45pm

Anchorage Rail to Denali

Princess Wilderness Lodge /Denali National Park

Cabin Night Dinner

Friday, June 5th

Princess Wilderness Lodge /Denali National Park

Kantishna Back Country Adventure 12Hrs RT

Saturday, June 6th

1:45pm – 7:30pm

Coach from Denali to Anchorage

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa

401 East 6th Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska 99501

Phone: (907) 276-8700

Sunday, June 7th

NWA Flight 388

1:10pm ANC to MSP 9:30pm

Here are our plans for the trip of a lifetime to Alaska::D

Tuesday May 19- Arrive in Vancouver; explore Gastown and have a shrimp and lobster dinner at The Fish House Stanley Park. Go back to the Fairmont Waterfront (which we got a free night for booking a suite), drink cocktails, take a hot bath, and try to get good nights sleep!

Wednesday May 20- Board the Holland America Volendam and go to the Neptune Lounge to drop off our luggage and get a cocktail! Several! :eek: We are on vacation, and have no kids!

Thursday May 21- Cruising the Inside Passage on our balcony, after room service breakfast!:p

Friday May 22 Juneau- Depart at 2:30 for a whale watching tour with Harv and Marv, after which we will swing by Mendenhall Glacier for a few minutes and then proceed to Tracy’s Crab Shack for a bucket of crab legs (local #1 on Trip Advisor). Then we will go back to our cabin, pour ourselves a cocktail (if we have any room left) and relax on our balcony for 10:30 sail away.

Saturday May 22- Depart at 7:30 to take the Chilkoot tour “Adventures of the Yukon” 7 ½ hours R/T bus and train from Skagway to Carcross via train and bus. Return and relax in our cabin.

Sunday May 23- Arrive Ketchikan, no tours today, just walk around, buy smoked salmon to ship home and look for an “icon Alaska” ring with nuggets as a reminder of my wonderful cruise!

Monday-Tuesday May 24-25- Cruise the Inside Passage, do the spa deal, explore the ship, drink cocktails:D, eat like there’s no tomorrow, relax!

Wednesday May 26- I guess they will have to throw us off the ship…………..we aren’t leaving!!!!!!!:(

That's my plan and I'm stickin' to it!:D

5/20 - Depart Juneau for lunch in Tenakee or Angoon. Overnight Baranof Hot Springs

5/21 - Depart Baranof for Hooligan Hollow - halibut and salmon fish at 5-Finger Light while whale watching. Overnight Hooligan Hollow.

5/22 - Depart Hooligan Hollow for Wrangell. Overnight Wrangell.

5/23 - Depart Wrangell for Ketchikan. Haida native cultural visit at village of Kasaan. Overnight Ketchikan.

5/24 - Depart Ketchikan for Campbell River, BC. Overnight Campbell River.

5/25 - Chinook Fishing BC Canada Style!

5/26 - Depart Campbell River for LaConnor, WA. Lunch in Vancouver, BC while waving at Carnival Spirit. Watch boat hauled out of water in LaConnor, then drive to Vancouver BC.

5/27 - Board Carnival Spirit for 3-day North Bound cruise to Juneau.

5/28 - At sea

5/29 - Ketchikan - contemplating Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour?

5/30 - Arrive Home in Juneau, AK....

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

I've been planning this trip since last March. Everything is pretty much finalized now. Still have a few things to add on.

May 21: Arrive in Vancouver in AM-Grouse Mountain & Capilano Suspension

Bridge Tour in PM-Overnight at Hyatt Regency

May 22: Sail on Radiance Of The Seas

May 23: Inside Passage-Cruising

May 24: Ketchikan-Walking tour on our own & Bering Sea Fisherman's

Excursion with RCCL

May 25: Juneau-Whale Watching with Capt. Larry (Orca Enterprises) in

AM-Mendenhall Glacier on our own-Mushers Camp excursion

with RCCL in late afternoon

May 26: Skagway-Rent car & drive to Yukon (Emerald Lake) & Glacier

Landing excursion with RCCL in late PM

May 27: Icy Straight Point-Ziplining with RCCL & Whale Watching with

F.I.S.H.E.S.

May 28: Hubbard Glacier-Cruising

May 29: Seward-Disembark Radiance, Start Land portion

May 29: Seward-Alaska Sealife Center & Resurrection Bay Cruise with

RCCL-Wilderness Express to Alyeska-Overnight at Hotel Alyeska

May 30: Alyeska-Tram to top of mountain-Paragliding with Alyeska

Adventures-Motorcoach to Talkeetna-overnight in Talkeetna

May 30: Talkeetna-Late afternoon, evening hours are still open-Overnight

at Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge

May 31: Denali-Morning coach to Denali-Denali Discovery Program-

Afternoon open-Cabin Night Dinner Theater with RCCL-

Overnight at McKinley Village Lodge

June 1: Denali-Eielson Shuttle with NPS-ATV Adventure in the evening

with RCCL-2nd night at Mckinley Village Lodge

June 2: Fairbanks-AM motorcoach to Fairbanks-El Dorado Gold Mine

with RCCL-Evening open , possible hot air balloon ride at midnight-

Overnight at Pike's Waterfront Lodge

June 3: Fairbanks/Barrow-Barrow Adventure excursion with Northern

Alaska Tour Co.-Return to Fairbanks at 10:00pm-2nd night at

Pike's Waterfront Lodge

June 4: Anchorage-Alaska Air to Anchorage in AM-Rent car from Avis-

plans still open-Overnight at Homewood Suites

June 5: Anchorage/Home-Full day in Anchorage to sight see-Go to airport

at 5:30 for flight home:(

• 2 weeks later...

How fun is this! :o Loved reading these!

Here's ours. It's 'escorted' meaning that some of the meals and tours are included...although I am attempting to make a few changes ;)

Sat, Aug 22, 2009 - Early Arrival Fairbanks

• Fly Phx to Seattle then Seattle to Fairbanks arrive approx 1600
  • Check in Fairbanks Princess and relax

Sun., Aug 23, 2009 Tour officially starts - Fairbanks

• Diddle around Fairbanks and later take the evening excursion out to Chena Hot Springs Resort

Mon, Aug 24, 2009

• El Dorado Gold Mine Tour followed by
  • Sternwheeler Riverboat Cruise
  • Dinner and then nothing planned

Tuesday, Aug 25, 2009 - Denali

• 0600 Bus to Princess Rail
  • 0815-1200 Rail to Denali and then bus to hotel
  • Unsure of time and available tours...would like to get in horseback riding or white water rafting but we are arriving pretty late (I will bet about 1300 or 1330)

Wed, Aug 26 2009

• 0530 walk or grab princess shuttle if available (this is the hard part...finding a way to park entrance) and take the park shuttle all day to Wonder Lake and back. (As long as we can find a way to the park entrance we are cancelling the Tundra Wilderness tour princess has as part of our tour in favor of the Wonder Lake shuttle that heard is great!)
  • 1900 back late but will hopefully still be able to do the Music of Denali Dinner theater that is from 1800-2000

Thurs, Aug 27, 2009 - Copper River/Wrangell St. Elias Park

• 0800 - 1700 Bus from Denali to Copper River
  • Relax and walk around

Friday, Aug 28, 2009

• Fly/Drive Kennicott & McCarthy tour (10hrs)

Sat, Aug 29, 2009 - Kenai/Cooper Landing

• 0745 - 1030 Bus to Valdez
  • 1045-1300 Catamaran acoss Prince William Sound to Whittier
  • 1300 - 1515 Bus from Whittier to Kenai Princess
  • Walk around and relax and possibly an excursion

Sun, Aug 30, 2009

• Looking for an excursion we want! We thought about fishing, but then my husband said something about ripping a vein out of the fish right after it's caught and that was it for me :eek:

Mon Aug 31, 2009 - Starting cruise on Coral Princess - boy the first part of the trip went fast!

• 1100-1300 Bus to Whittier and check into cruise

Tuesday Sept 1, 2009

• Scenic cruising

Wed., Sept 2, 2009

• Scenic cruising

Thurs., Sept 3, 2009 - Skagway 0530 -2015

• Possibly the White Pass RR but haven't decided yet

Friday Sept 4, 2009 - Juneau 0630-1630

• 0700 Indpendent/guided tour set up thru www.beyondak.com They put together a package of stuff we wanted to do! Great Price! So we are getting a Kayak and sack lunch and all equip & raincoat and stuff and go puddling around Mendenhall lake as we like and then around 1100 will meet a guide in a specified place and he will take us a short hike to the Mendenhall glacier, provide the equipment for ice hiking and hike the glacier for an hour or so. Then hike a short bit back, grab the kayak and meet the car on the other shore where we started! Really excited about this! They were all about getting the times right too so we wouldn't take a chance on missing ship.

Sat., Sept 5, 2009 - Ketchikan 1000 - 1800

• 1100-1500 Misty Fjords flight seeing and hiking with Island Wings Tours www.islandwings.com
  • 1500 - 1700 No plans except walking around the town

Sun., Sept 6, 2009

• at sea

Sun., Sept 7, 2009 - Vancouver & Home!...fastest 15 days I have ever spent..at least it feels that way when I actually write it all out! ;)

Edited by EliseRN
difficult to read

Plans so far for Alaska Cruise June 2009

Fly JFK-Seattle, Seattle-Anchorage

6-Arrive late Saturday June 6th ANC

Pick up car at airport

Sat Anchorage Sheraton

7-Sunday drive to Denali

Sunday Monday at Denali McKinley Chalet Resort 2 nights

Shuttle Bus to Eislesen Visitor Center or Wonder Lake

9-Tuesday leave Denali for Talkeetna res. Talkeetna Road House Mt. McKinley summit flight Talkeetna Air Tour?

10-Wednesday return to Anchorage and drop off rental car

Wednesday Overnight Anchorage Sheraton

11-Thursday Train Anchorage/Seward 6:45 arrive 11:00 am

11:30 Reknown Kenai Fjords tour Booked

Thursday overnight in Seward Holiday Inn Express

12-Friday Seward Laundry and Godwin Glacier Dog Sled? afternoon board Ship

Cruise Portion HAL June 12 ms Ryndam

12-Fri Seward (Anchorage) Alaska 08:00 PM

13-Sat Hubbard Glacier Cruising CO 02:00 PM 05:00 PM

14-Sun Sitka, Alaska TR 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Sitka Photo Tour AM, Afternoon?

15-Mon Skagway, Alaska 08:00 AM 09:00 PM

Rental Car from Avis drive towards Carcross to Emerald Lake Yukon Canada, see Murrays Guide, Lunch at Cinnamon Cache, Caribou Crossing for dogs also Jewell Garden or Chilkoot or Dyea and Dave Tour to Emerald Lake and part train

16-Tues Juneau, Alaska 08:00 AM 06:00 PM

Harv & Marv 8:30-11:30 Afternoon Photo Safari by Land & Sea -both booked

17-Wed Ketchikan, Alaska 02:00 PM 08:00 PM

Alaska Seaplane Tour Bear Venture? Misty Fjords 3:30? Allen Marine Tours (coupon) Zipline?

18-Thurs At Sea

19-Fri Vancouver, British Columbia 07:00 AM

Transfer to Seattle

20-Seattle Westin

21-Seattle-NY

Any suggestions are appreciated, anywhere the is ? I am unsure of what to do as yet.

Edited by compulady

5/20 - Depart Juneau for lunch in Tenakee or Angoon. Overnight Baranof Hot Springs

5/21 - Depart Baranof for Hooligan Hollow - halibut and salmon fish at 5-Finger Light while whale watching. Overnight Hooligan Hollow.

5/22 - Depart Hooligan Hollow for Wrangell. Overnight Wrangell.

5/23 - Depart Wrangell for Ketchikan. Haida native cultural visit at village of Kasaan. Overnight Ketchikan.

5/24 - Depart Ketchikan for Campbell River, BC. Overnight Campbell River.

5/25 - Chinook Fishing BC Canada Style!

5/26 - Depart Campbell River for LaConnor, WA. Lunch in Vancouver, BC while waving at Carnival Spirit. Watch boat hauled out of water in LaConnor, then drive to Vancouver BC.

5/27 - Board Carnival Spirit for 3-day North Bound cruise to Juneau.

5/28 - At sea

5/29 - Ketchikan - contemplating Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour?

5/30 - Arrive Home in Juneau, AK....

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

Case - are you traveling from Juneau to LaConnor, WA in the CanCan?

Case - are you traveling from Juneau to LaConnor, WA in the CanCan?

Yep...!

Oh, and it appears I'll be bypassing Ketchikan on the Southbound leg and visiting Bear Valley Lodge in El Capitan Pass on the outside of Prince of Whales Island too. Can't pass up the primo early season rock fishing and a chance at a few large steelhead in the rivers there!

-Case

Edited by JustCase

Yep...!

Oh, and it appears I'll be bypassing Ketchikan on the Southbound leg and visiting Bear Valley Lodge in El Capitan Pass on the outside of Prince of Whales Island too. Can't pass up the primo early season rock fishing and a chance at a few large steelhead in the rivers there!

-Case

Sounds like a plan! While you're cruising back to Juneau - where will the CanCan be?

Sounds like a plan! While you're cruising back to Juneau - where will the CanCan be?

The CanCan is going to LaConner for new engines and a few minor upgrades, and after that she'll be in Charleston, OR for the summer Tuna fishing season. Now that the boat is back to being my "play toy" and not a business venture, I get to live and play wherever the heck I feel like it!

As for me, yes, I'll be cruising back to Juneau to complete this round trip... We're on the 5/27 n/b Carnival Spirit cruise... at least that's the plan as of yesterday! Should be interesting to not have to drive the boat for at least a few days! ;-)

-Case

This is ours for 9/09. Our port tours: for Ketchikan we are planning on Alaska Coastal Expedition, Juneau we have Alaska's Whales & Rainforest Trails, and Skagway is the Klondike Scenic Highlights. Post cruise we will be staying 2 nights in Vancouver at the Westin Bayshore and doing a trip to Buchart Gardens. This will be our 2nd cruise to Alaska and so looking forward to it.

Anchorage

Arrive in Anchorage for an overnight stay.

Anchorage/Mt. McKinley

Ride luxury Princess railcars to Talkeetna, then onto the Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge by motorcoach. Enjoy a relaxing evening at the lodge.

Mt. McKinley/Denali

This morning, take a scenic motorcoach journey to Denali National Park and the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge. The evening is yours to spend at your own pace.

Denali

Travel into Denali National Park on the in-depth Tundra Wilderness Tour. Enjoy another night at your riverside lodge. Denali/Whittier

Ride the Denali Express rail direct to your awaiting ship in Whittier. Embark and sail this evening.

Anchorage

(Whittier), Alaska

College Fjord, Alaska (Scenic Cruising)

Glacier Bay National Park

Alaska (Scenic Cruising)

8:30 PM

8[/center][/center]

Skagway, Alaska

5:30 AM

8:15 PM

Juneau, Alaska

6:30 AM

4:00 PM

Ketchikan, Alaska

10:00 AM

6:00 PM

At Sea

Vancouver, British Columbia[

7:30 AM

Day

Destination

Arrive Vancouver, B.C.

Edited by dj127
correction

May 15th - fly from Jersey to Seattle, Underground Tour, Columbia Tower

May 16th - Seattle Aquarium, Music Experience/Sci Fi Museum

May 17th - Pike Place Breakfast Tour, leave on cruise

May 18th - at Sea

May 19th - Juneau: Helicopter trip - 4 Glaciers and a Landing, Mt. Roberts Tram, Evening Whale Watch, Shopping

May 20th - Hubbard Glacier

May 21st - Sitka: Sea Otter Boat Ride and Raptor Center, Shopping

May 22nd - Ketchikan: Misty Fjords Floatplane, Shopping

May 23rd - Victoria: Bus Tour and Craigdarroch Castle

May 24th - Seattle: Woodland Park Zoo, Shopping

May 25th - fly to Jersey

I did the above trip last year, and it teased me for a more inclusive trip this year. So this time I'm doing a land tour and a SB cruise:

May 26: Leave Jersey, stop in Minneapolis, go to a ballgame (baseball parks are one of my things and I need to get to the Metrodome before it's replaced)

May 27: Minnesota Zoo; Fly to Seattle, then on to Anchorage

May 28: Fly to Barrow; Tour out to Pt. Barrow, the northernmost point of the USA; see Midnight Sun

May 29: Bird Watching Tour; Artic Swim?; Fly to Fairbanks

May 30: Chena Hot Springs for the Ice Museum and Hot Springs

May 31: Tour to Goldmine and Pipeline, UAF Museum & Botanical Gardens

June 1: Train to Denali; Visit Huskies; Horseback Riding?

June 2nd: 6:30am Shuttle to Eielson

June 3rd: Train to Anchorage

June 4th: Train to Girdwood, Alyeska Tram; Train to Whittier, Prince William Sound Cruise; Train back to Anchorage

June 5th: Alaska Zoo; Rent a bike

June 6th: Train to Seward, Kenai Fjords 7 1/2 hr Cruise

June 7th: Exit Glacier; Sealife Center; Depart on HAL Cruise

June 8th: College Fjords

June 9th: Glacier Bay

June 10th: Haines: Wildlife Experience (Photo Tour)

June 11th: Juneau: Photo tour

June 12th: Ketchikan: Rainforest Hike

June 14th: Vancouver: Aquarium; Rent Bike

June 15th: Bus to Seattle, flight back to Jersey

June 16th: Sleep