Sept. 27-Oct. 2 Zuiderdam Cruise

Golfgrl1911

Recognizing Mr. or Mrs. Zuiderdam is a keen way for you to talk to and meet people!! There is no clear cut sign just simply asking people "are you Mr. or Mrs Z?" I thought that they were going to be a couple and actually asked Mr. Z's wife if she was Mrs. Z, she said no and I failed to ask her husband!! It wasn't until after Bingo one afternoon that they said Mrs. had been found but no one had spotted Mr. Z saying that he was in the audience. I looked at the first man I saw, asked him and lo and behold he was the one!! Clue: They are 2 seperate people...not a couple!! Good Luck!! Nancy:D

Ziggy.......thanks!! Let's see.....I met lynn49, oldbrat, HDboy, Chilipepa........shoot I don't remember any one else right now!! There were about 8-10 of us at the CC gathering! We had a blast too telling our stories of either being in Ft. Lauderdale during the hurricane or trying to get there.

Glfgrl-Nancy,

I was thinking of offering few dollars for the Hat, and got too many drinks to cloud the brain. Nancy, when is your next cruise?. I'm glad that linda end up in having lot of money for the next vacation. Also, it was nice to see u only once in the dinner table..:D :cool: .

We are booked on a 5 night cruise in December. Can you tell me how many formal nights there were on your cruise? I'm assuming that there is only one but wanted to verify that.

Thanks!!!

I believe there was only one on this cruise but many people dressed up in formal looking attire more than one night. Everyone looked very nice!!

Finding Mr. and Ms. Zuiderdam? What is this?????

Lisa

On every HAL cruise a lady and a gentleman are secretly chosen to be Mrs. <ship name> and Mr. <ship name>. Other PAX compete to try to be first to guess their "secret identity", typically by walking up to complete strangers and asking "Are you Mr. Zooey-DER-dam?" (It's much easier on, say, the Westerdam:) ). There are prizes for the winners.

Do they give you clues everyday to try to figure out who they are?
Nope. No clues. The game is an icebreaker---a way for people to start talking with strangers.

On the very first night of my very first cruise the CD started the evening show by advising "on this ship there are no strangers, there are not even acquaintences. There are only friends." The Mr/Ms -dam game is an example of that philosophy.

Thank you everyone for your compliments reguarding my cruise commentary. I realize that I may have strayed a bit off the typical path as far as describing the ship and leaned more towards my actual experience , but I felt compelled to give you all my birds eye view of my first cruise. It certainly is one that I will NEVER forget! I will be 45 in a few weeks and am so glad that I waited until my mid life to take this adventure!! It brought out the kid in me again!! And it is so nice to know that I have many more adventures to look forward to in the years to come!! Thank you again!! Chef Nancy

Thank you everyone for your compliments reguarding my cruise commentary. I realize that I may have strayed a bit off the typical path as far as describing the ship and leaned more towards my actual experience , but I felt compelled to give you all my birds eye view of my first cruise. It certainly is one that I will NEVER forget! I will be 45 in a few weeks and am so glad that I waited until my mid life to take this adventure!! It brought out the kid in me again!! And it is so nice to know that I have many more adventures to look forward to in the years to come!! Thank you again!! Chef Nancy
What's this "mid life" crap, you youngster! :rolleyes:

I think subjective reviews and commentaries are much more enjoyable than those that concentrate on what color the wood paneling actually is in the Explorer's Lounge! Thanks very much for sharing so much of your experience with us.

Archived