Royal Rewards shocker

I sent in my free cruise for two coupon the other day so RCCL could apply it to our June 8th cruise and I got an e-mail today stating the number of cruise points needed has gone down by 25,000 points. They want to know if I want 25,000 credited back or $250.00 on board credit. How often do you see something like this happen in the business world? I think that is pretty amazing!

I sent in my free cruise for two coupon the other day so RCCL could apply it to our June 8th cruise and I got an e-mail today stating the number of cruise points needed has gone down by 25,000 points. They want to know if I want 25,000 credited back or $250.00 on board credit. How often do you see something like this happen in the business world? I think that is pretty amazing!

Thanks for sharing your news. Is this thru BofA rewards???

Rick

How many points for a free cruise? Yes, I could look it up ~ too lazy~!!!!

It is now 125K points for the free fare for 2 on a Caribban/mexico cruise. It was 150K points. This changed about 5 weeks ago. Who's knows it could go back up to 150K tomorrow. Seems like RC changes things like I change underwear!;) :) :rolleyes:

How much actual spending does it take to get 125,000 points?

You get one point for every dollar you spend,unless you spend that money for any RCCL product(cruise,onboard expenses,etc),then you get 2 points for every dollar..

When you book a rewards cruise do you still get your cruise credit?

I was told by an RCCL rep on the phone last year that in order for a cruise to count as a cruise, by giving you credit, you need to play some extra money (with a cabin upgrade for example)

For example, I am taking a 4 night Mexican Riv. cruise this summer. I am using points for a free cruise for 2 (50,000 points). That qualifies for a min. oceanview cabin for free for both of us. Since the cabins are small on Soverign class ships, I am getting a Superior Oceanview. I am paying the difference and since I am paying extra money, the cruise with count as cruise credit for both myself and my DH.

I got the Cruise credit on my 2007 Liberty Cruise. Free fare was for 2 on a 7 day cruise OV (we upgraded to a Balcony) paid the difference and got the credit! The Credit Card was still MBNA at the time.

Thank you TexasAlexus, I alerted a friend of mine and she was able to get her points reduced by 25,000. RC gave her three choices: placing the pts back into her account (which takes about 3 months to process), an OBC of $250.00, or a Grand Romance Pkg (champagne, flowers, 2 robes, canapes, breakfast in bed, keepsake photo) valued at $225.00 PLUS a $100.00 OBC. Nice! :D

Just to to www.rccl.com and click on Deals and Gifts. You will find the RCCL Visa credit card listed there and all the rewards.

Glad to see that they have taken some of the limitations off of the free 3-4 night cruise (used to be only Bahamas or Baja) and that there are far more choices available across the board. Way to go!

how long does it take for the rewards point to be credited since our trip is in july i still want to wait for more points to add

You have to wait until your statement is finalized and it will show the rewards points on the bottom. You won't have much time to get more points unless you go ahead and pay off the cruise and pay for your excursions ahead of time. You have to notify them of the points you want to use and it takes a few weeks to get the certificates in the mail. Then you have to check off what you want to use on the rewards certificate and mail it to RCCL.

Archived