My Glory Review 4/26-5/03

jtyerspc

Hope you get the photos loaded. If you upload to Webshots, you can just post a link to the album page and we can go browse at will.

Leaving in a week! Can't wait.

Maybe we'll be assigned to the Platinum DR (probably, since our cabin is directly below the Golden DR) and I'll never experience the uniqueness that is Joseph!

We're on the "new" Western itinerary and I'm anxiously awaiting a review of the 5/3 sailing.

I went on this same cruise in October and it was my second time on the Glory. St. Maarten was actually my favorite, although St. Thomas was a close second. We didn't do any shopping in St. Maarten, just went straight to Orient Beach which was fabulous! What a beautiful stretch of beach. We have a cruise on the Miracle coming up and one of the reasons we booked it was so we could go back to St. Maarten.

Hopefully you'll give that island a second chance and I think you'll definitely see the beauty in it.

As far as St. Thomas, we spent the day at Sapphire Beach which also was beautiful.

I will give it another chance. We also have a cruise scheduled on the Miracle which includes St. Maarten

Hope you get the photos loaded. If you upload to Webshots, you can just post a link to the album page and we can go browse at will.

Leaving in a week! Can't wait.

Maybe we'll be assigned to the Platinum DR (probably, since our cabin is directly below the Golden DR) and I'll never experience the uniqueness that is Joseph!

We're on the "new" Western itinerary and I'm anxiously awaiting a review of the 5/3 sailing.

You'll want the Golden dining room! Joseph is such a trip!. I have the photos uploaded to Webshots. I'll attach a link soon!

You're lucky you missed Dimir (sp?) then. I was on the Glory at Christmas and April and Dimir was the Maitre D' in the Golden dining room both trips, he was also the Maitre D' on my Legend 2006 sailing and every time I found him to be a bit of a dud, not much is the way of people skills. I only hope that the next ship I'm on he's not there as well, be nice to experience a different Maitre D'!

You'll want the Golden dining room! Joseph is such a trip!. I have the photos uploaded to Webshots. I'll attach a link soon!

originally with the 4 dining times I think we would have been given Platinum but now that they are going to the 2 times in both I think our cabin makes Golden look like the more likely option!!! I hope so!

42 days!

originally with the 4 dining times I think we would have been given Platinum but now that they are going to the 2 times in both I think our cabin makes Golden look like the more likely option!!! I hope so!

42 days!

Dining time has nothing to do with location of your cabin - but depends on time you requested - early or late seating.

Honestly, I don't really notice the Maitre d' or the CD or any of the other upper staff/crew people. Unless they're really, really annoying. I don't do a lot of the "organized" shipboard activities, so I just don't pay much attention.

I like my staff/crew to be competent and friendly (without being over-the-top) and to just do their jobs as efficiently and unobtrusively as possible.

Honestly, I don't really notice the Maitre d' or the CD or any of the other upper staff/crew people. Unless they're really, really annoying. I don't do a lot of the "organized" shipboard activities, so I just don't pay much attention.

I like my staff/crew to be competent and friendly (without being over-the-top) and to just do their jobs as efficiently and unobtrusively as possible.

Typically I'm the same, maitre d' and CD don't really make much of a difference to me most of the time, I don't go to many of the shipboard activities and I usually try to be through dinner before the singing and dancing waiters start. The problem with Dimir on this last trip was that he wasn't effecient. He was usually unobtrusive in that we never saw him, ever. Our friends had made some requests of him upon which he never followed through. Plus, they had sent a bottle of wine to our table one evening and it was sent to the wrong table!

Well then Joseph may not be for you lol, we were on the same sailing as the OP and had early seating in the golden...Joseph was a hoot. Just wait for shhhhhhhhowtime! :D

Day 1,

From there we took a quick tour of the ship, confirmed our dinner reservations for the supper club (The online reservation site does work),

--------------------------

I was unable to book through the computer for the Supper Club Reservations - can you do it 5 months in advance? Not sure why I was unable to book them??? Any thoughts? It told me I had to do it when I got on board.

BTW - your review is great. You write really well and very entertaining. I laughed out loud to and I am at work! Have not seen any of your pictures yet though.:)

We sure did have a great time, have to agree with you about Marigot, wasted an hour over there, went to Orient beach after that and LOVED it! Still on the french side though. The sand was soft and the water was beautiful, not at all rocky like other beaches we have been to. A great day at that beach!

Dining time has nothing to do with location of your cabin - but depends on time you requested - early or late seating.

I know but I also think now that they are switching to just early/late and not the 4 different times it may come into play.... That's why when originally I requested 8PM that would have likely put me in the Platinum, regardless of cabin location, but now that both Platinum and Golden will be doing 8:15 I would think cabin location will make a difference - why would they have everyone crossing paths in the middle? :)

I totally agree with you..........

JOSEPH was on the Celebration............

He is a wild & crazy guy..............

And shooooooooowtimeeeeeeeeee is great............

A group of friends and I are sailing on the Glory May 24th and I have a quick question - you said that you watched the sunset from Paradise Point in St. Thomas..... Did you leave later than 8:00? That sounded like the perfect evening to me, but then I remembered that we leave St. Thomas at 8:00 pm and I am super bummed! Any help you can offer is much appreciated~! :D

A group of friends and I are sailing on the Glory May 24th and I have a quick question - you said that you watched the sunset from Paradise Point in St. Thomas..... Did you leave later than 8:00? That sounded like the perfect evening to me' date=' but then I remembered that we leave St. Thomas at 8:00 pm and I am super bummed! Any help you can offer is much appreciated~! :D[/quote']

I was on the same sailing, we did leave at 8:00 pm.

A group of friends and I are sailing on the Glory May 24th and I have a quick question - you said that you watched the sunset from Paradise Point in St. Thomas..... Did you leave later than 8:00? That sounded like the perfect evening to me' date=' but then I remembered that we leave St. Thomas at 8:00 pm and I am super bummed! Any help you can offer is much appreciated~! :D[/quote']

We left St. Thomas at 8:00, Watched the sunset at Paradise Pointe and hussled to the ship. You'll have time to enjoy it!!

Archived