A question about hair dryers...

Ok, now a question about hair dryers. We will be on the Serenade 7/5 (its a 10 day cruisetour) and don't want to pack one if I don't have to. I understand they have one in the cabins, but is it one of those attached to a wall in the bathroom, or is it one that you can plug into an outlet?

Thanks,

ejhall

I haven't been on Serenade but on Mariner it was a regular (full size) blow dryer in the drawer that you plug into the outlet. I've heard it's the same on other ships as well. I don't think the outlet in the batroom is a regular outlet--at least not one you could plug a night light into. Hopefully someone who has been on Serenade will respond too!

If you gave long, thick, or hard to dry hair, you might want to bring your own dryer. I've been on 6 RC cruises and although the dryers in the rooms are "full size", I've found that they're not very powerful. I have very short hair, and it seemed to take forever the one time I tried one. However, others may have had a different experience than I. I take a small but powerful travel dryer which works very well.

The hairdryer is a hotel-style one--short nosed. it's in the vanity in the room and must be used there. (There are no plugs for real electrical equipment in the bathroom)

The dryers get hot, but they don't blow worth a damn! Bring your own!

When we were on the Serenade in Oct. I had no trouble with the hair dryer. It is located in the vanity drawer, has two speeds and did the job. Beats packing one.

Enjoy your cruise. The Serenade is a beautiful ship and the crew were great.

Seems there's no rhyme or reason to them. The last one was a full size powerful one in the drawer that was just as good as mine at home and I wouldn't have had to take mine.

The only way to be sure is to take your own especially if you need a powerful one. Like someone else said, I also take my own great little travel one.

Serenade had the regular hand-held type of hair dryer when we cruised her in 2006, so I imagine that hasn't changed. Sometimes they are powerful, sometimes they are tired.:) If you have a lot of styling to do, I'd say bring your own, but if you just use a diffuser or do a quick styling, it should be fine.

Another thing to check out is whether there are hair dryers in the ladies' locker room in the gym/spa area. I always just go back to my cabin to shower, so I've never paid attention. Just a thought...

Serenade had the regular hand-held type of hair dryer when we cruised her in 2006, so I imagine that hasn't changed. Sometimes they are powerful, sometimes they are tired

We just got off Serenade last weekend and I can tell you that there was a new, handheld, powerful hair dryer in the dresser drawer.

And maybe the best part is that it has a REAL power switch so you no longer have to hold down the button to keep it turned on!:D

I have not had any problems with the hair dryers on board. I have short but very thick hair and they seem to work fine for me. If you are really concerned, as some have said they don't work for them, you may have to lug your own....

Archived