Dinning Times Switched Around

gizmo

Hmmm...they must have changed time again...just got off the Amsterdam yesterday. We had 8:30 Upper Level...I would prefer 8:00, but I like Upper Level
I heard a rumor recently, from a TA, that Hal was switching things around and this seems to verify that they have done this on one ship.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing that, since the 8:00 dining time is the most popular, and the lower level has more tables than the upper. There were evenings on the Z that we were upstairs at the 8pm seating in a mostly full DR looking down at the 8:30 seating...and it was quite empty.

then the early seating would follow have to suit then as well - 5:45 down and 6:15 up? - but I would think the 6:15 is the more popular of the two as well - even for me with two kids - 5:45 is too early - even though its only :15 minutes earlier then the usual 6 pm dining time....every minute counts

I will not mind since we have requested 6:15 fr our sailing next yr and do prefer upper as well

Right now I'm confirmed for Early lower (6:15 PM). If they switch the dining times I hope that will mean that I'll be on the upper level at the same time. I'd hate to find out that they're keeping us lower level, but moving us to 5:45. As I write this I realize it wouldn't make sense for them to do it. That's why I'm concerned.;)

Orcrone,

It might not even be changed on your ship yet, but if it is, I think it is a crap shoot as to where you will be seated.

I realize that there probably is no change on the ship yet, and if there is I'll have the same dining time (and from what I understand a preferable location upstairs). But it gives me something else to keep thinking about leading up to the cruise.:)

we leave on the volendam 11/6. Akeka has been posting a live update from the volendam, and I found the following from her report very interesting...

"We had requested early dining when our cruise reservations were made last year and were assigned the lower dining level. Unfortunately, the early seating for this cruise is 5:30 pm for the lower level and 6 pm for the upper level. We visited the maitre’d this morning and requested a change to the 7:45 lower dining seating and received cards by noon with our new table assignment. "

We are currently assigned to the 8:30 lower..we wanted 8 upper..but it was full. We were planning on seeing the dining captain as soon as he was available on the day we board to see if we can switch our time..but I found akeka's comment about a 7:45 lower dining time very interesting..I wonder if they are now doing second seating in the main dining room at 7:45 instead of 8:30...if so, we will like that time much better and probably won't request a change.

Anyone hear of a lower dining time of 5:30 and 7:45??? Is this even enough time to turn over the dining room and have it ready for second seating guests?

Peggy Sue

Anyone hear of a lower dining time of 5:30 and 7:45??? Is this even enough time to turn over the dining room and have it ready for second seating guests?

Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue,

I haven't heard of these times, but the difference between them is what it has been advertised to be. Up until this thread I've understood it to be 5:45 early and 8:00 main, giving the same 2 hours 15 minutes between seatings. The same time differential exists for upper seating.

Marc

Archived