Ocean Liners In Movies

"Titanic 2."

It had a late August, 2010 release date but I have yet to see any advertising.

Plot involves the crew trying to save a modern version of the Titanic during the 100th anniversary of the original voyage. A tsunami puts an iceberg in the path of the ill fated super liner and here we go again!

Cast includes Shane Van Dyke, Marie Westbrook and Bruce Davison.

Tagline: "100 years later, lightning strikes twice." Fat chance the box office $$$ will do the same.

http://horror.break.com/trailer-for-titanic-2-yes-for-real/trailer-for-titanic-2-yes-for-real

• 3 years later...

"Boat Trip" was filmed aboard either Olympic Voyager or Olympic Explorer

Boat Trip must have been filmed on Olympic Voyager, as the movie was released in October 2002, and Olympic Explorer was only delivered in 2002.

Olympic Voyager is now Costa Voyager.

• 2 months later...
When I was 17 years old, I was aboard the S/S Marconi for what had to be one of the worst movies ever made on a ship or anywhere else. It was fun to meet some of the somewhat obscure celebrities on board (Joann Worley, Rip Taylor and a couple of others I don't recall), watch the scenes being shot and we even hung out with a Telly Savalas look-alike. We went to a beach together and people were approaching him from all over asking for autographs. It was a riot.

Anyway, about two years later we got to see the movie, named "Don't Miss the Boat" being broadcast on a cable TV station. It was incredible how poor it was in every respect. Regardless, it fun to see some of the people we had met on the ship.

I have wondered where one could get a copy of that movie just for fun. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to let me know.

NYCruzr

I was also on that cruise we had a great time large group from singleworld, there was also a Richard Nixon look alike and a few others, I would love to find a copy of that movie