Weighing your luggage??

I bought what is essentially a fishing scale from some travel store for under $30. It have used it for at least 6 trips and always pack bags to 45 pounds or less. So far no problems or charges.

We weigh on the bathroom scale and then pick up the luggage and calculate the difference. I always have a nylon "duffle" bag packed on the top or in an outside pocket to remove things if the airline says I am over. So far, that has not been necessary.

Tucker in Texas

Without any doubt in my mind this is the best portable scale for weighing luggage is the Balanzza digital luggage scale. It weights in both pounds and kilos. All you do is turn the scale on attach it to your luggage and hold it in the air. After a few seconds you will hear a beep and the weight will be desplayed. I found the scale to be accurate also.

You can buy it at a number of places including Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Lewis-N-Clark-bz100-Balanzza/dp/B0010XZ2SG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1211154852&sr=8-1

Shak

P5023011.jpg

At home I have a postage scale I bought at Sam's Club. Works great as the monitor portion is separate from the scale itself.

For the cruise or any other land vacation, I always pack a scale as I weigh myself every day no matter what. So I just use that scale to weigh the luggage when we pack to make sure we stay under the 50 pounds. I just bought a really light-weight scale from Kohl's. Very thin, so doesn't take much space in the suitcase.

We will be going on an Alaskan cruise and was wondering how people weigh their luggage on the ship to be sure they don’t go over at the airport.

I don't believe this is 100% accurate but we weigh ourselves, then hold our luggage and get on the scale again.

Archived