Menu for Traditional and Anytime?

Luxuriate

Are the menu's the same? I spoke to a travel agent that really talked up the Anytime as she said there was an insert to the Traditional menu that gave even more options to the diners. Is this true? I thought it had more to do with adjustable seating times rather than food choices.

I am a traditional kind of gal. I have always liked getting to know my table mates. Am I really missing something? Better food? More food choices?

Thanks,

Cheryl

The menus are the same but I will note that on our cruise on the Diamond Princess each of the three Anytime Dining rooms had a specialty dish based on their theme and these dishes weren't listed on the menus, but our waitstaff informed us about them. In the Sana Fe you could order chips and guacamole as an appetizer and they had a fajita entree, in Savoy they had a special pork chop dish and in Pacific Moon you could order an Asian noodle dish. Maybe that's what your TA is referring to. There was no insert in the menu, it was all communicated verbally.

the menu is the same....item for item
Not quite. The Diamond and Sapphire are a bit different because they were originally designed with the two Anytime dining rooms split in half to create four different "themed" dining locations. The themes didn't work out and within months, they had the same menu as Traditional. HOWEVER, each of these themed dining rooms has one dish (I believe only one and it doesn't change) that's unique to that dining room. IMHO, that's not enough to switch from Traditional to Anytime but everyone's different.

Archived