Returned from Majesty 5/17 to Bermuda

We are back from the Majesty and just some quick comments. Great trip. Embarkation was delayed because the ship came in late due to weather issues. Once loading started it went quickly and efficiently. It helps if people have their money ready for parking. They took cash, check, credit card.

We were in our rooms in about 20 minutes after parking. Everyone was very helpful and friendly.

Rooms are small. We had the 108 sq ft. Plenty of space to store everything but difficult to move around in. Fortunately we were not in the room alot.

Ship was very clean. Restaurant service was spotty. Dinner was slow the nite we went to Pasta Cafe, excellent in LeBistro. We ate in 7 Seas only once and found service to be ok. Ate in 4 Seasons about 3 times, once very slow, the other times very efficient. Guess it depends on the waiters. Buffet was very varied. Fresh fruit available breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hamburgs, hot dogs available 24 hours at rear of deck 10.

We had decent weather (at least compared to the last 2 weeks). Windy but sunny. We made it to St. Georges but the Dream had to go to Hamilton due to the wind.

Plenty of peaceful spots to go and sit outside, especially deck 8 rear. Also saw people on deck 9 rear and lots of lounges on deck 7.

We really missed having a balcony but would sail the Majesty again.

Debarkation was very efficient. From the time we left the ship til we were on the road wasn't more than 15 minutes. Hope this helps anyone considering this destination.:)

Thanks for the mini-review...hope to see more later.

Any sign of Freestyle 2.0? If not, any word on when/if 2.0 will be implemented?

Any sign of the Dine Ashore program?

The dine ashore program was discontinued. You get a brochure with information on local restaurants but no voucher or anything like they did last year. Word was that the reimbursement NCL offered was not enough for the restaurants to cover the costs.

The dine ashore program was discontinued. You get a brochure with information on local restaurants but no voucher or anything like they did last year. Word was that the reimbursement NCL offered was not enough for the restaurants to cover the costs.

Thanks Salty. There have been a few discussions here that Dine Ashore may not be gone, guess it was wishful thinking :(

Thanks Salty. There have been a few discussions here that Dine Ashore may not be gone, guess it was wishful thinking :(

I spoke with NCL and they said the dine ashore information would be in my room on the first day of the cruise. I thought it was also gone but they made it sound like it is still an option.

My parents were on this same cruise. They had a great time. When I was talking to my mother, yesterday, she said "You know, I liked that Freestyle Dining thing they have." :) She and my father were able to get a table for 2 or dine with others. She liked both options.

Since it was their anniversary, I got them the Romance/Anniversay package. I sent her a text message, on their anniversary and asked if they'd eaten at Le Bistro. Her response "It was delish!" When I asked my father, yesterday, if he liked the cruise, he said "No. I'm going to have to do this again, to make sure I don't like it :rolleyes: ." My father, the comedian :) .

For those still hoping, there have been other people back along with salty dingo who have said ALL one gets is a brochure on restaurants. Much more reliable information than someone on the phone who hasn't experienced it.

My parents were on this same cruise. They had a great time. When I was talking to my mother, yesterday, she said "You know, I liked that Freestyle Dining thing they have." :) She and my father were able to get a table for 2 or dine with others. She liked both options.

Since it was their anniversary, I got them the Romance/Anniversay package. I sent her a text message, on their anniversary and asked if they'd eaten at Le Bistro. Her response "It was delish!" When I asked my father, yesterday, if he liked the cruise, he said "No. I'm going to have to do this again, to make sure I don't like it :rolleyes: ." My father, the comedian :) .

Hi

Thanks for the info above ...sounds like repeat cruisers to me :)

Could you ask your parents about the 2.0 upgrades ...we are hoping :) they will be there when we cruise next week ..thanks for any insight you can give us future cruisers :)

1ph

I will but I'm not sure how much info she can give. The Majesty has no balconies, so any balcony upgrades aren't there. Mom used to sleep with a board under her mattresses, I'm not sure if she's the one to ask about beds :) . I can ask her about the buffet, shower stuff and champagne welcome, though. They've never sailed NCL so they don't know what the menus (dining room and room service) used to look like.

Sorry for my disappearance but we had a wedding in VA and just got home.:eek: It sounded to me like 2.0 wasn't going to be much of a thing on the Majesty. The CD indicated that the bedding might be changed and some menu changes but that might be all since the ship is leaving next year. There was nothing in our room about the dine around and I didn't hear anyone talk about it at all, sorry. I didn't go to the spa but did talk with a few people who did and they enjoyed it. I'll try to be more responsive if there are any other questions.:)

I don't think the 2.0 on Majesty will be much to crow about either. The menus are the same fleet-wide, so I imagine they will be updating them along with the other ships.

A glass of bubbly as you board and some new bedding, and you will be sailing in 2.0 style!

I talked , just last Thurs.,to the manager of The White Horse Tavern in St.George's and he said that they were not getting enough compensation from the cruise lines but were still trying to negotiate a deal. Let's hope that they can work it out soon. Cheers, Louella

I was also on the 5/17 sailing!

No there was no 2.0 as of our sailing. Didn't matter much though, it was a great time on a wonderful ship. I will miss her when she leaves service next year.

I will post a full review soon, but here are some pictures and all the Freestyle Dailies for the week for those interested: http://jamesilsley.pomoto.com

I will post all the menus later this week once they are scanned.

Archived