Use of electric on ship/voltage

Jane1614

Yes, they will work. Power plugs are familiar US type as well as the shaver points. I dont think they want travel irons on board. You might want to check with SeaDream. We take a small steamer. Works fine. Disney Jen can tell you more.

Jim.

We don't take a travel steamer or iron with us so I can't be of any help:eek: My philosophy is if I need to steam it or iron it that piece of clothing doesn't go on vacation:p:D:p

I agree with Jim ... I would contact SeaDream directly.

I always thought irons and ships did not go together because of the fire hazard. I always just have the ship's laundry iron anything that needs it - like men's dress shirts.

My friend who has been on Seadream in the caribbean several times says she takes a travel iron. So, who knows. We packed one. and will ask when onboard before using. We leave tomorrow for Rome, Seadream begins on saturday. Will report back when home. Thanks for all your info everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, We're back! Loved it. About the iron..We used it twice, and it worked fine. The staterooms provide both type of voltage . There was no problem.

I'll do a trip report soon.

Hi Jane1614,

Looking forward to reading your trip report. We are considering a voyage similar to yours next summer. Welcome home!

Archived