Liberty or Glory?

eddiesgal

Greetings:) DH and I are considering a cruise and we are torn between these two ships......the itineraries are not important to us as we've done both in the past, so the ship will be the main destination for us on this particular voyage......I'd love to know which one you would choose and for what reason.....as always, thanks in advance for your kind answers.

I vote for the Glory (not biased at all:rolleyes: ). My only criteria for this decision is the fact that we will be on it in 96 days.

We were on the Liberty for Christmas last year - we had a fantastic time. When we pick a cruise, we try to pick one that allows us to go to new ports and to cruise on a ship we've never been on.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either ship.

If the ship is your destination then the Liberty gets my vote. I think it has one of the best interior decor of any of the Carnival ships we have been on. The Glory is more bright and gaudy while the Liberty is tasteful. Reminds me of what cruising in an earlier era would of looked like.

I think the theme of each ships says it all:

Glory: Rainbow of Colors

Liberty: Great artisans and artisan works.

Greetings:) DH and I are considering a cruise and we are torn between these two ships......the itineraries are not important to us as we've done both in the past, so the ship will be the main destination for us on this particular voyage......I'd love to know which one you would choose and for what reason.....as always, thanks in advance for your kind answers.

eddiesgal,

We've sailed both and would choose Liberty simply for the big screen by the pool. Other than that the ships are very similar. We're doing a B2B later this month on Liberty so it's safe to say we take our own advice. ;)

I love reading everybody's input and reasoning on which ship is their personal favorite....since I've never been on either, your opinions are very valuable to me and very much appreciated:) this is not an easy decision for us:confused:

The only reason that I would choose Liberty as the others have said...it is newer and we LOVED the bigscreen on deck. The service was excellent and the crew really friendly. We enjoyed both and they are pretty much the same. I would not say Liberty is more tastefully decorated....honestly that whole series of ships is almost identical to me...Valor as well. And they are all FUN FUN FUN!!!

We got married on glory 3 yrs ago.. had a great time and loved it. (however the boat was a bit "goddy" in decor but that didnt really make any difference in anything) We are traveling liberty in a month and i am so excited, it is newer but the layouts are the same.

I will let you know what i think in a month.. but i would prob go with liberty because she is newer. Either way you will have a great time!

I chose Liberty because of the transfer fees being LESS than the Glory. With the Glory, it's hard because one has to fly to MCO and then be driven over which is $$$. With the Liberty being at FLL or MIA, you can get a shuttle from hotels or take a cab for less money.

I would still like to cruise Glory someday, though! Let us know what you decide--inquiring minds NEED to know! :D

We were in the same position recently and decided to book the Glory. It was a close call and we basically chose Glory because from everything I have read Port Canaveral is smoother for embarkation than Miami, and flying on Southwest had nonstop to Orlando but not to F.L. from where we are (Kansas City). Since we will be first-time cruisers, those things made a difference to us. Also, my wife had a better impression of the Camp Carnival facilities on Glory, though I imagine they are pretty similar.

I did a lot of research on the ships here and elsewhere, and everything I found for both was overwhelmingly positive.

We have cruised on both ships and are going on the Glory again in September! They are both very nice as they are identical layouts, but the big screen TV on the Liberty is awesome!

Is it exactly the same as MUTS on Princess ,or are there any differences between them?

Archived