Port Canaveral Transportation

bolivar5599

We just got back on 5-31 from 7 wonderful days on the Glory and fortunately the Budget Rental driver told us about Arts Shuttle being in trouble. We called them the day before pickup (5-30) and got forwarded to American Bus which had been assigned by the court to try to help out passengers affected. We rented a Budget car for less money and with a little hassle worked it all out. The only problem here was we had to rack up almost $50 in calls (international remember) from the Ship.

From this point on we will use Budget coming and going. We don't mind the drive and it frees us to stop for lunch or shop at our leisure. Our total cost for the Chrysler 300 was $74.00. This was cheaper than the 80 that Arts was charging and WE had control. I am so glad I made that call to confirm the pickup I called Arts before we got on the Ship and the answering service said some vehicles were seized but, would be operating by Tuesday or Wednesday. Not so - they are all gone. Don't know why but suffice to say we will not use them again - even if they magically are resurrected.

Has anybody found out what happened?

Go to the Florida Departures board. In that board is a very, very long thread entitled "I Work in Port Canaveral" which has everything you could possibly know about sailing from there. The locals are extremely helpful. I know the situation with Arts was posted there as soon as they found out about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody found out what happened?

The original owners of Art's have taken ownership back of the company and apparently had to go through litigation to do it. The litigation has been resolved and the original owners, who have always done a wonderful job, have taken back the operation and are back doing business.

There is a statement on their website about what happened.

• 2 months later...

They have changed hands again from the time of the last posting of this thread. Call and see if you feel comfortable using them. I would also do a search in this forum and others to see what information you can find. I know there were a couple of threads on the RCL forum about a month ago that weren't very favorable.

They have changed hands again from the time of the last posting of this thread. Call and see if you feel comfortable using them. I would also do a search in this forum and others to see what information you can find. I know there were a couple of threads on the RCL forum about a month ago that weren't very favorable.

Honestly not worth the trouble to save a few bucks - obviously we all want reliable service - worst case scenario is we will take Carnival shuttle back for $35 - at least we know that's going to get us to the airport (and we're in no super rush cuz our flight is at 3:30 pm!)

Archived