Meet and Greet - will the cruise line help?

We are planning a meet and greet with our roll call on the Carnival Destiny out of San Juan in June on Carnival. Does anyone know if Carnival will set a place aside in one of the bars or give us free drinks or something :) for cruisecritic members.... Does anyone know if they do anything like this?

Thanks in advance!

I just saw something about this on the board yesterday. You might want to check a few pages. It was something like $11.44 per person for open bar and dry snacks for an hour. And you need at least 20 people.

crzndeb is correct on the price. Carnival does not provide anything above the room, some small hors d'ouvres, and the bar drinks like the Captains Party. You can however get other mixed drinks on request, just like the Captains party.

We are planning a meet and greet with our roll call on the Carnival Destiny out of San Juan in June on Carnival. Does anyone know if Carnival will set a place aside in one of the bars or give us free drinks or something :) for cruisecritic members.... Does anyone know if they do anything like this?

Thanks in advance!

Nope... they won't offer you free drinks. If you arrange the M&M before hand they might place y'all in a lounge and provide a waiter to take drinks orders.

As was mentioned, you can arrange for a cocktail party, $11.44/pp for one hour.

To arrange for a cocktail party:

Contact the Bon Voyage Wedding Department at: 800 933-4968.

The group of individual bookings must purchase a cocktail party for a minimum of twenty guests (or more); the minimum purchase for a party must be at least a one hour of Open-Bar.

The party will be based on lounge availability and must take place on a day while the ship is at sea; the party cannot conflict with formal nights, dinner time or embarkation day.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Arranging_Parties_and_Meetings__Individual_Reservations_Bookings.aspx

Our roll call group always arranges an "unofficial meet and greet" for 3PM the day of embarkation ( about an hour before the muster drill). We just pick a spot for everyone to meet up and usually wear some "identifying" jewelry like Mardi Gras beads or those red rubber wrist bands.

This way there is not a lot of planning involved...and if only 10% of the people show up...you are not out a lot of time and effort.

Thats too bad. We were on Celebrities Constellation and they provided a room, snacks, and non-alcoholic drinks. The cruise director also met with us. You had to have at least 25 people signed up for the meet and greet on Celebrities website. It was fun and you meet some great people. They know how important cruise critic is to there business.

Thank you so much for all the info... wow! I think we will just pick a place and meet, but it was worth a try to find out... the information is very good about hte cocktail hour... I thin if you were with a group of people who can and want to drink that it would be a good deal, but for a group of people who don't know each other at all - not worth booking as who knows how much each would drink and then you are held to be there.

I am always amazed at how quickly I acan get answers on these boards... It would have taken me 10 phone calls and perhpas lots of on hold time to get the answer I got here so quickly....

Thanks again cruisecritic and hopefully I can help one of you someday!

Alicia

Archived