Unresponsive TA...

Gull

I'm having a problem with the new TA I'm using that came very highly recommended from a close friend. The TA is a discount internet group and their prices were very low. However, I've been trying to get information from them on cost to upgrade my cabin. I've e-mailed they do not respond. I call and speak to various TA's at the agency who promise to call back and do not. The cabins we have are paid in full. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Call the main # for the agency and ask to speak to a supervisor. If you get no response continuing to call and ask to speak to the supervisor's superior. There is no excuse for a TA (online or local) to not call back and answer pax questions whether those pax are paid in full or not.

Dianne

with our online TA who evidently left the agency. When I called in to make final payment after she didn't respond to emails, I reached a very brusque operator who would only respond to my questions that someone would return my call. Someone did who must have been very green because she left me a vm stumbling over the agency phone #. When I did finally connect with this new person, it sounded like she never listened to my vm back at her in which I told her I needed to talk to her because I would not be using the cc# on file with them, because the first words out of her mouth after hello were that she would use the cc on file!

Then the email to confirm payment in full was sent under the missing TA's name!

I'm having a problem with the new TA I'm using that came very highly recommended from a close friend. The TA is a discount internet group and their prices were very low. However, I've been trying to get information from them on cost to upgrade my cabin. I've e-mailed they do not respond. I call and speak to various TA's at the agency who promise to call back and do not. The cabins we have are paid in full. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Same thing had happened to me. I found out the agency (very large one) closed down it's doors and is totally different now. (website still the same) Everytime I call someone new answers the phone. No one calls back and all the agents that did work there are gone.

Call the cruiseline directly and make sure they received the money that you have already paid for your cruise.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Ironically, I did receive a response from the TA almost immediately after I posted. NCL is offering to allow me to upgrade but for $100 more than what they show online as the rate.

I've decided that it just isn't worth it. We'll stay in our current cabin and live without the balcany.

I am going to call NCL to confirm they received the payment as someone suggested. Especially since we've paid for two rooms.

Lesson learned. I'm going back to my old TA for our next cruise.

I am going to call NCL to confirm they received the payment as someone suggested. Especially since we've paid for two rooms.

Lesson learned. I'm going back to my old TA for our next cruise.

BTW-if you go to NCL.com and check "my cruises" (provided you're registered) you should be able to check balance due on the cruise. Hopefully it would read $0.

I checked my cruises on NCL which shows our reservation but no monetary information is included.

Is there a specific area to check? I also read on their website that once the cruise is paid in full, I should be getting an email from them regarding edocs. That hasn't happened yet, but the cruise isn't til the end of Aug.

Thanks.

Hummm-when I select the reservation I then click "go". That brings up the details on another screen called "View Your Booking". Pricing info (incl amt due on final payment) is top right on that screen. Of course I don't know if they delete that (monetary info) after final payment date has gone by.

For my last cruise I think it was about a month prior to sailing before the edocs were available.

I checked my cruises on NCL which shows our reservation but no monetary information is included.

Is there a specific area to check? I also read on their website that once the cruise is paid in full, I should be getting an email from them regarding edocs. That hasn't happened yet, but the cruise isn't til the end of Aug.

Thanks.

Hummm-when I select the reservation I then click "go". That brings up the details on another screen called "View Your Booking". Pricing info (incl amt due on final payment) is top right on that screen. Of course I don't know if they delete that (monetary info) after final payment date has gone by.

Monte, do you book directly through NCL? I think that part doesn't show up if you use a TA.

On my last cruise in April, I never received the email about the edocs. However, the READY link showed up under the edocs section of My Cruises. I am booked for July and so far, no email. The READY appeared shortly after final payment was made, but no longer. If you go to SITE MAP, there is another edoc link there. I have been successful numerous times getting to them from there. Thanks to a previous post who mentioned that short cut.

re: monies on the "View your booking page" except for travel protection which is $0.00.

I know that the final payment has been charged to my cc already bc I checked that online.

I'll give NCL a call soon to check if TA forwarded the payment.

Thanks for your help, MBisson.

No problem. I hope everything is correct for you and that the cruise is great!

re: monies on the "View your booking page" except for travel protection which is $0.00.

I know that the final payment has been charged to my cc already bc I checked that online.

I'll give NCL a call soon to check if TA forwarded the payment.

Thanks for your help, MBisson.

Archived