Spirit to Canada 9/7 -- anyone ever taken it?

So when faced with the choice between a hotel in Florida 17 miles from my relatives or a cruise to Canada, suddenly DH has decided he wants to head north instead of south. So we have found a fantastic deal for a balcony cabin on the Spirit leaving 9/7 (is it OK to name the online outlet?) online. Has anyone ever booked with one of these online companies? This one is also offering shipboard credits which helps too.

Has anyone ever taken the Spirit northwards? How rough are the seas? Any tips, suggestions for excursions, whatever? You've all been really helpful about my questions about the Spirit to Caribbean, but now it looks like we may take it in the other direction.

So when faced with the choice between a hotel in Florida 17 miles from my relatives or a cruise to Canada, suddenly DH has decided he wants to head north instead of south. So we have found a fantastic deal for a balcony cabin on the Spirit leaving 9/7 (is it OK to name the online outlet?) online. Has anyone ever booked with one of these online companies? This one is also offering shipboard credits which helps too.

Has anyone ever taken the Spirit northwards? How rough are the seas? Any tips, suggestions for excursions, whatever? You've all been really helpful about my questions about the Spirit to Caribbean, but now it looks like we may take it in the other direction.

This fall is the first year the Spirit sails north to eastern Canada. So, you will not get many replies.

The Spirit is a beautiful ship. You're going to enjoy it.

Have a great cruise.

Are there any advantages to booking directly with NCL over one of the online booking companies? Any caveats?

None that I know of. Often, large online booking agencies will discount more than NCL by offering more on board credits than NCL, reducing their commissions.

Although, they can't list a lower fare price.

I think the Spirit was there last year as I saw her in Halifax in Sept. We went two years ago on the Dawn and are going on the 9/14 Spirit trip. As for ships I have been on both many times and both are great. I like the size on the Spirit as it is a little smaller. Both are doing Canada this fall, we like the Spirit itinerary best. St. John's and Martha's vineyard are really nice ports. As for the seas we have gone up there 3 times and all were very good, however Sept is the prime time for tropicial storms.

My sister says I have a shot at a better cabin booking right through NCL. Is that the case? We are going to book a balcony cabin, does anyone have any suggestions as to what category, location and/or cabin number is good for unobstructed view? We're looking at BC, BD, and BE which are the best-priced, but if BA and BB are better it's not that much more money.

My sister says I have a shot at a better cabin booking right through NCL. Is that the case? We are going to book a balcony cabin, does anyone have any suggestions as to what category, location and/or cabin number is good for unobstructed view? We're looking at BC, BD, and BE which are the best-priced, but if BA and BB are better it's not that much more money.

Just off the Spirit, and we had a BD balcony (#9622) mid ship, near elevators, quiet, and one deck down are the shops and only cabins above. Great location and the cheapest balcony.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

The Spirit did this itinerary and there are many reviews you can read. Go to the Reviews section at the top of the Cruise Critic page. All the balcony cabins are the same size, just in different locations. We are going on this cruise October 12, 2008. We chose a cabin midship on the starboard side, deck 10.

It looks like the great price deal offers cabinets on the forward end instead of the middle. I gather this is a less-desirable location? Both booking through NCL directly and the online deal includes port charges but not taxes. I'm willing to spend the additional $70 each to get a better room location.

Of decks 9, 10, or 11, which is preferable? We have never cruised before and we are hoping to make this a memorable trip. :)

You can get the same cabins either way. Besides, other than the Inside, Oceanview, Balcony and others, they are all pretty much the same.

As to Canada/New England. Did it last year. Would do it again. check the review, or scroll back through the boards to last Sept and October for mini reviews. Good trip.

It looks like the great price deal offers cabinets on the forward end instead of the middle. I gather this is a less-desirable location? Both booking through NCL directly and the online deal includes port charges but not taxes. I'm willing to spend the additional $70 each to get a better room location.

Of decks 9, 10, or 11, which is preferable? We have never cruised before and we are hoping to make this a memorable trip. :)

We've never cruised the Spirit but we do prefer fwd., cabins when we cruise.

When choosing your deck/cabin be sure to check what is above and below your cabin. Many people have complained of a restaurant, pool, etc., above their cabins.

We have cruised the Dawn and Jewel to Canada/New England.

Lovely cruise, great weather in September:)

Archived