Wine Package (over) Analysis

• 4 weeks later...
fellow winos ,

does anyone have any comments as to the quality of these wines?

For myself, I have greatly enjoyed the Rioja (platinum & diamond packages only).... I know all wine taste is subjective but I'd love all opinions, it might help me with selections with my upcoming 9-day Explorer cruise!

thanks!

Woof22--i have used your sheet and referred others to it also! glad someone found this thread!

i love the rioja and the danzante pinot (really great value per analysis!)..we had one chardonnay...and some bubbly! probably saved, eh, 30 bucks ish! and we will do it all over again in 4 weeks!

• 2 years later...
Okay, so I've been curious about how good a deal the Wine & Dine Package is. Then I saw Critterchick's typing of the wine list (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=788927#post14967328) and that was the motivation to compare the wine list and the Wine & Dine Package list

Of course I went overboard, but thought maybe some of you would like to overly analyze the deal too. (If I can figure it out) I'll attach a copy of the PDF file that I made.

Notes:

-Where it lists the savings if it is blank that means it's better to buy the wine separately than choose it in the package.

-When I say good deal I'm only comparing the wine list price with the package price. When compared to the grocery store / liquor store price none are a good deal, but that's not really a fair comparison and I left it out.

-If you see a typo / mistake let me know and I'll fix it.

-The package prices (and wine list prices) don't include the 15% gratuity.

-I got the wine & dine lists from the RCI website.

-I got the wine & dine prices from the RCI website (then deducted the 15% gratuity).

:cool:Lots of effort on your part, but greatly appreciated. Will use as a reference on upcoming cruise. Thank You:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

Okay, so I've been curious about how good a deal the Wine & Dine Package is. Then I saw Critterchick's typing of the wine list (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=788927#post14967328) and that was the motivation to compare the wine list and the Wine & Dine Package list

Of course I went overboard, but thought maybe some of you would like to overly analyze the deal too. (If I can figure it out) I'll attach a copy of the PDF file that I made.

Notes:

-Where it lists the savings if it is blank that means it's better to buy the wine separately than choose it in the package.

-When I say good deal I'm only comparing the wine list price with the package price. When compared to the grocery store / liquor store price none are a good deal, but that's not really a fair comparison and I left it out.

-If you see a typo / mistake let me know and I'll fix it.

-The package prices (and wine list prices) don't include the 15% gratuity.

-I got the wine & dine lists from the RCI website.

-I got the wine & dine prices from the RCI website (then deducted the 15% gratuity).

:cool:OK Help me folks. After reading this, I was feeling pretty good about myself. Then I went into my reservation, and found out that I purchased a Diamond 7 bottle package. I was charged $240.00 plus $36 Grat. Total of $276 for 7 bottles. Average price was $39.43 per bottle. Are these figures correct? Savings are not as great. Am I understanding Woofs figures? :cool:

:cool:OK Help me folks. After reading this, I was feeling pretty good about myself. Then I went into my reservation, and found out that I purchased a Diamond 7 bottle package. I was charged $240.00 plus $36 Grat. Total of $276 for 7 bottles. Average price was $39.43 per bottle. Are these figures correct? Savings are not as great. Am I understanding Woofs figures? :cool:

:cool:Ok so I am not awake yet. Just realized that this thread is 3 years old:cool:Wake up Jack---LOL:cool:

ha! I did the same thing...when I looked at this, I thought to myself...when I calculated it, it showed no cost savings. I even looked at it again. Then I realized the prices are over 2 years old.

Archived